Yammy Days in Revy-Calling all turbo 2-strokes

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to put a little wager on who goes higher in the deep stuff? Say steak dinner at Zala's? Oh and of course a round of beer for the winner's crew.

I would take that wager, on 2 conditions!

1. pic a giant hill that takes rider ability out of the equation, just need to hold it wide open till you cannot get any higher, because if it boils down to who has the biggest gonads and greatest skil I concede, don't have the funds to replace sled nor can afford to have a serious injury, plus I am a crappy rider ( my sled takes me where it feels like going, I am just along for the ride).

2. When you jump off your sled there must be fresh snow past the waste, as a measure for deep powder.

I really believe that the four strokes cannot win under those premises, But who knows even a broken clock is right twice a day. OH how many guys in your crew to buy beer for? just making sure I can cover the round before taking the wager!

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score
Ya but it has to be steep! No bunny hill stuff and just point and shoot no zig zagging no side hilling, no track poaching. Oh and I like My steak Medium.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mr coops call me when your going,if the right powder is there to save most of my sled if by chance i cant mske it, im game because i also have 4 kids to support so ll climb any hill as long as i think its safe and so far climbed most with 0 injuries and o repairs,tochwould,lol:d
we'll get the 4 strokes this year.....yahhhhh:beer::beer:

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but it has to be steep! No bunny hill stuff and just point and shoot no zig zagging no side hilling, no track poaching. Oh and I like My steak Medium.

Oh its on like donkey kong!!! just keep me posted as to when your headed to Revy and we will try to hook up. i would really like to lose this bet in Mcbride though, won't cost me nearly as much LOL, don't know what the going rate on a steak is at the local hotel/bar but it has to be less than zala's ahahah!!! Oh and I hope you don't think I am running my little 700 turbo, I forgot to mention it will likly be a full carbon 1200T, that should even the playing field. I may have a few more up the sleeve as well, have to wait and see:d

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mr coops call me when your going,if the right powder is there to save most of my sled if by chance i cant mske it, im game because i also have 4 kids to support so ll climb any hill as long as i think its safe and so far climbed most with 0 injuries and o repairs,tochwould,lol:d
we'll get the 4 strokes this year.....yahhhhh:beer::beer:

Will do! would like to see the 1000 twin run, sounds like a cool ride.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Oh its on like donkey kong!!! just keep me posted as to when your headed to Revy and we will try to hook up. i would really like to lose this bet in Mcbride though, won't cost me nearly as much LOL, don't know what the going rate on a steak is at the local hotel/bar but it has to be less than zala's ahahah!!! Oh and I hope you don't think I am running my little 700 turbo, I forgot to mention it will likly be a full carbon 1200T, that should even the playing field. I may have a few more up the sleeve as well, have to wait and see:d
This should be fun...Is there any wide open hills big and steep enough in McBride? I had to turn out above the rock on Turbo last year in chest deep pow. This was after an XP made it about 45 feet from the bottom and made a 5 ft trench. I added a couple pounds boost and blew over the top second pull in a new track. We are going to Revy Nov 28-30th. There should be enough snow by then.

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score

I will be riding the same Iron as last year, no changes, just remember I said steep.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be fun...Is there any wide open hills big and steep enough in McBride? I had to turn out above the rock on Turbo last year in chest deep pow. This was after an XP made it about 45 feet from the bottom and made a 5 ft trench. I added a couple pounds boost and blew over the top second pull in a new track. We are going to Revy Nov 28-30th. There should be enough snow by then.

There is in westridge (valemount) 45 minute drive from mcbride. head to the back and there is some 60-120 second steep pulls, stuff that we could't get to the top of last year in fresh snow. That might do!

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It won't be me on the carbon fibre chassy either someone 30lbs lighter, he should have it done in a couple of weeks, great rider too, so if it has to get technical should not be a problem. I guess I should tell him what I am getting him into? maybe I will leave as a surprise for him LOL!

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score
It won't be me on the carbon fibre chassy either someone 30lbs lighter, he should have it done in a couple of weeks, great rider too, so if it has to get technical should not be a problem. I guess I should tell him what I am getting him into? maybe I will leave as a surprise for him LOL!

Changing sled, now rider after the bet. Oh well it dosen't really matter, and I also think I put 20lbs. on this summer. Just so you will see that weight does not really play a factor in climbing in the deep stuff. Neil can back me up on this, you don't no what you are getting yourself into. The black Apex Dean built for me is almost unstoppable in the deep snow. But hey what do we know?

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changing sled, now rider after the bet. Oh well it dosen't really matter, and I also think I put 20lbs. on this summer. Just so you will see that weight does not really play a factor in climbing in the deep stuff. Neil can back me up on this, you don't no what you are getting yourself into. The black Apex Dean built for me is almost unstoppable in the deep snow. But hey what do we know?

I have an idea of what I am getting into, A GOOD GOD DAHM TIME! It will be myself 700 turbo, JH 1200 carbon turbo and hopefully RT with titanium TM8. Maybe one other empty helmet. I 've got big shoulders I can carry the shame for the 2 strokers if it has to be that way. Still gonna be alot of fun though.

NM

Reaction score
There is in westridge (valemount) 45 minute drive from mcbride. head to the back and there is some 60-120 second steep pulls, stuff that we could't get to the top of last year in fresh snow. That might do!
Those must be big hills...It only took me 20-30 seconds to climb Turbo in tit deep snow. I think we better find the steepest longest hill in McBride and race to the top, because I'm pretty sure we won't find a hill we can't go over.
BTW, Paul and I will square off to see who gets to race your buddy.:d Can't wait.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those must be big hills...It only took me 20-30 seconds to climb Turbo in tit deep snow. I think we better find the steepest longest hill in McBride and race to the top, because I'm pretty sure we won't find a hill we can't go over.
BTW, Paul and I will square off to see who gets to race your buddy.:d Can't wait.

I believe there is an 7000-8000 vertical climb way in the back somewhere, any one out there who's knows this area may be able to verify, not 100% sure though. I do know you drop from basically the peaks to about 1500' to get into the back area where they use as a heli ski area. Lots of great riding.

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score
7000 to 8000 ft. now thats what I am talking about. You two stroke guys will have to make a relay race out of the climb, 1 at the 1/4 mark 1 at 1/2 mark and 1 at 3/4 just too make a climb that long with out the big bomb going off. lol. Just havin some fun so don't get your panties in a bunch. :)

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7000 to 8000 ft. now thats what I am talking about. You two stroke guys will have to make a relay race out of the climb, 1 at the 1/4 mark 1 at 1/2 mark and 1 at 3/4 just too make a climb that long with out the big bomb going off. lol. Just havin some fun so don't get your panties in a bunch. :)

300 foot climbs make my panties turn into tampons:eek:....................Team LOFT will watch:d
7000 to 8000 vertical is like the final ascent up Everest....GOT SHERPA?

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some real tall stuff in there too!!! I am may be fibbing on the 7000 to 8000 climb, but I do know there is a spot you go from the absolute bottom to the very top in one long pull if your sled can last!

NM

Reaction score
There is some real tall stuff in there too!!! I am may be fibbing on the 7000 to 8000 climb, but I do know there is a spot you go from the absolute bottom to the very top in one long pull if your sled can last!
I can't imagine the size of the avalanche that would come down that hill. If it is clean from top to bottom, that usually indicates an avalanche path.

Top Bottom