Xm fuel line problem

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
Just got the word from my dealer that my sled is ready to go. I am pretty impressed, just dropped it off yesterday afternoon. Fuel line recall and 10 hour service done. Ready to rock for this weekend. Let it snow!!

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K guys just picked my sled up and noticed a few things. #1 my side panel is definitely a lot harder to get off now, and #2 the clearance between my fuel line and oil tank is still the same?? Anyone else's like that?? Also noticed they didn't turn the hose clamp like some were mentioning. Should I turn it?? Pretty worried this things no better off then before the update...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K guys just picked my sled up and noticed a few things. #1 my side panel is definitely a lot harder to get off now, and #2 the clearance between my fuel line and oil tank is still the same?? Anyone else's like that?? Also noticed they didn't turn the hose clamp like some were mentioning. Should I turn it?? Pretty worried this things no better off then before the update...

I don't think the intent of the update is to increase the clearance it is to stop things from shifting around that makes the problem

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gained about 1/2 inch clearance but it is going to take something like an out of control T Team hitting that RH panel to make that oil tank move now. Lol.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I turned mine, better safe than sorry I think.... NORMALLY unless you are really careful the clamp is non-reusable, usually gets way out of shape removing it.... BUT a small Hose-clamp (smallest u can get, will do the same thing, and will not take up any more space..... I turned my clamp so the crimped end faces the side panel, and gained quite a bit of room..... I think its a no brainier.... You can even pick the clamp you need at the dealership.....

Ski-Doo Fuel line.jpg Part # 510 $3.49 each

Attachments

• Ski-Doo Fuel line (718x494).jpg
    Ski-Doo Fuel line (718x494).jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 261

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gained about 1/2 inch clearance but it is going to take something like an out of control T Team hitting that RH panel to make that oil tank move now. Lol.
1/2 an inch sounds like a mile in farmer talk so no spontaneous combustion for you that is awesome :p

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently the "Fuel line fix" aint much of a fix.... A member on here (Fuel) just posted in another thread that a rider in his group snapped the fuel line right off, AFTER THE RECALL REPAIR WAS DONE!!!

A 30cent Black and Orange sign might be a safer bet right about now...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh boy this buying brand new sled crap is stressful!!!!!!!!

yettipowwow

Reaction score
Does anyone on here know about them breaking off on the 2012 xp I had mine broke off on me and it's the same problem everyone is claiming on here with the xm and them getting a recall notice. I haven't received any notice on mine but it's the same problem as the xm. Seems like they knew about this for awhile. Hopefully next year models will have this corrected. I got mine replaced under warranty which is good. But would like a solution to the problem not just keep fixing it or replacing it overtime it happens. Mine is an electric start as well. What can be done to stiffen that oil tank. Anyone got any good ideals for a fix to the problem.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know about them breaking off on the 2012 xp I had mine broke off on me and it's the same problem everyone is claiming on here with the xm and them getting a recall notice. I haven't received any notice on mine but it's the same problem as the xm. Seems like they knew about this for awhile. Hopefully next year models will have this corrected. I got mine replaced under warranty which is good. But would like a solution to the problem not just keep fixing it or replacing it overtime it happens. Mine is an electric start as well. What can be done to stiffen that oil tank. Anyone got any good ideals for a fix to the problem.

I thought the 2012's had a different design tank setup??? As far as I know they completely redid the orientation of the fittings and inlets on the tank for 2013... I could be wrong tho..

Regardless... gotta be fixed..

jamessavage

Reaction score
I fell victim to this problem the past weekend in Revy. Duct tape and a leatherman got me out and back to the truck at least. Anyone that had this happen have any problems with getting warranty coverage to have the fuel pump assembly replaced? Any word on an ACTUAL fix that will solve the problem or are bandaid solutions all we have to work with on this issue? In my opinion the oil tank or fuel fitting orientation has to be changed for a permanent fix but I'm sure BRP doesn't want to have that cost in their lap. I'd spend the money for an update if neccessary but it is disappointing that all BRP has done so far is that useless recall...it doesn't work.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fell victim to this problem the past weekend in Revy. Duct tape and a leatherman got me out and back to the truck at least. Anyone that had this happen have any problems with getting warranty coverage to have the fuel pump assembly replaced? Any word on an ACTUAL fix that will solve the problem or are bandaid solutions all we have to work with on this issue? In my opinion the oil tank or fuel fitting orientation has to be changed for a permanent fix but I'm sure BRP doesn't want to have that cost in their lap. I'd spend the money for an update if neccessary but it is disappointing that all BRP has done so far is that useless recall...it doesn't work.

Interesting...........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Warranty on the fuel pump is not going to be a problem. Contact your dealer and make sure he does a RPQ report to BRP service for this. BRP needs to know this can still happen.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My rh side panel is harder to open now too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

CRASH1000

Reaction score
I will bet the oil tank on the 2014 is changed that would solve everything. Not like 100ml less oil on these sleds will matter.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to my dealer today and he said they just put a new bracket behind oil tank to push it out another half inch or so. Same tank

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to my dealer today and he said they just put a new bracket behind oil tank to push it out another half inch or so. Same tank

So are they going to make this "Bracket" you speak of a "recall update" for the 13's????? Exact same sled but because we got the first year we are stuck with what we got now???? Not only that stuck PAYING for the fix we should have gotten to begin with ?????? I know Ill be pushing for the bracket to be available to the 2013 owners as a PERMANENT FIX.....

I am sure I'm not the only one that feels this way!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom