XM C3 belt drive

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of these on their XM? It came with directions but on the top says not updated version (since I have a new version of it) call support if you need help. My only 2 concerns I'm having trouble with are to find out how to fasten the large gear to the drive shaft. In the directions it talks about removal of the drive and jack shaft and drill into it and tap. I removed my friends xp drive shaft a few weeks ago and was under the impression that it was hollow( felt like it anyways) then also to mount the speed encoder .. Cutting the old one out? And mount it to the carbon fibre guard? I'm just not sure cause the directions do state that they are revised lol.
if not it can wait till Monday and I'll call.
thanks for the help guys

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of these on their XM? It came with directions but on the top says not updated version (since I have a new version of it) call support if you need help. My only 2 concerns I'm having trouble with are to find out how to fasten the large gear to the drive shaft. In the directions it talks about removal of the drive and jack shaft and drill into it and tap. I removed my friends xp drive shaft a few weeks ago and was under the impression that it was hollow( felt like it anyways) then also to mount the speed encoder .. Cutting the old one out? And mount it to the carbon fibre guard? I'm just not sure cause the directions do state that they are revised lol.
if not it can wait till Monday and I'll call.
thanks for the help guys
Call Daryl at Racers Edge. He has installed quite a few of them on the XM's. 403-254-8686

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Thanks, if what I'm doing doesn't work I'll give that a shot. I just watched a video on youtube about the install. Only thing I'm having trouble with is removing the speed sensor on the drive shaft. It's a black plug with magnets. I'll keep trying lol

Top Bottom