Work out machine?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the funnest work out machine I have...
20230513_142536.jpg

And its an all season thing...

20230319_150217.jpg

Quad-athalon sport...

Stand alone biking,,, bike pushing,,, dump bike then head in on foot...
20230324_145031.jpg

Don't forget too pack the fishing rod for this Olympic sport of Quad-athon,,, all 4 activities under 1 umbrella = Good times and keeping fit...

Its all about pushing the limits and the bike at the same time...
Bring those walking sticks all... lol
20230513_131153.jpg

Alot of my friends said I'm too old for this b.s. ,,, nope... if old busted up Lem can do it anyone can...

Lem Lamb assist...
20230513_102630.jpg

20220713_152922.jpg

Shes a all in workout,,, take yha places yha can only dream about...

20230513_155634.jpg

Some times I use the bike as a ground anchor too help pull my self up the narlly steep grades...

I've planted this bike 1000 X's in one day too get too those sheep trails,,, then shale slide down the back side into the next range...

Its all about mind set...

Time and distance are irrelevant when your on the move,,, you get there when you get there...

Never leave home with-out the work-out back pack,,, keep it full of Cofffeee Vokacheeno's so you can go all day and into the night...

One might be a hurting unit the next day,,, after 2 years of grinding away you won't even notice that because ones brain goes numb...

Lol...

Cheers All...

PS: Set your pace and stick with it...

You'll know when you've max-up when yha take on the Un-bound 200 or the Fat tire Iditarod

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the work-out machine that got me started...
Resized_20200428_145007.jpeg

$350 Cnd funds all in for 10.000 ++ miles
I ghost pedaled alot of miles over the 2 years,,, pretty much covered most of Central Albeta and lots for rides in the Eastern slopes...

Old smoker,,,doe-boy needed too start some where...

Then We built 7 of these for the next workout vvv
20201221_141713.jpg

$800 cnd funds for the first 1,,, We got them down to $500 all in on the next workout series...
Logged on 2 too 3000 miles on these units when my whole body was ready too take over all on its own...

High elevation training for the next year with runn-boots
20210921_135106.jpg

A few months of that ,,, took up longer mountain hikes after that...
20210724_143253.jpg

The work out plan was under-way,,, got my first 60 lb bike push completed that summer...
Bike and rigging scaled in at 60 + lbs for 10 kms up bike pushing... vvv

Screenshot_20210904-133706_Photos.jpg

Followed by extreme cold weather hikes threw out Western Canada
20220307_175850.jpg

^^^ - 37°f for full day stints in a home made Canadian armed forces High Artic suit...
IMG_4052.jpg

Ruffly 2 years getting the suit dialed in,,, takes 30 to 40 minutes too suit up properly out side at -30°f... never dawn on a Artic suit in a warm building... You'll over heat before yha get out the door...

Spring rolled in,,, back too workout plan 3000 by then,,, covered alot of Western Canada by truck & bike...
16 too 24 workout stints,,, squeeze in 20 too 30 mile rides every night no matter what...
20211002_122138.jpg

BC has some of the hardest climbs I've ever done...

The reframe from smoking thing kicked in vvv
20230318_113024.jpg

^^^ 50 lbs of fat bike riding on the Eastern Slopes of Rocky Mountain Range

No E-assist or nothing,,, stand alone human power...

Fat bike does not like smokers,,, lol...
20230319_144901.jpg

Racked up 2000 + miles before this spring kicked in...

Full time job trucking,,, farm operations,,, biking,,, and daily chores here and there...
Don't know how i found the time too add this workout too my be'ing

Screenshot_20211227-211808_Photos.jpg

I was thinking about doing a full on workout gym,,, then i realized that my daily lifestyle is a gym...

Pay too join a gym or get paid working my @zz off at work that is now my gym...

That's the was I see it,,, line up tasks on the job as a workout,,, I joined a gym to watch others workout,,, learned all about the dynamic system too prevent injuries... and haven't looked back since...

Reframe from static streches if yha want keep going,,, they only come into play at days end...

I learned this the hard way,,, ended up losing 4 months due too that...

Dynamic makes yha bullet proof,,, just like We learned in foot-ball,,, nothing worse then being all stretched out if your going to take a hit...

Zero Static for me going into battle... Ha

The clash of the cup-cakes,,, you'll find lots of information on what not too do when one needs those muscles tight and ready too rock...

Think of ones muscles like a rubber-band,,, the strongest bands are one that haven't been stretched out (Too Far).

A firm muscles group will take yha the distance,,, of course each person has their own take of what works for them...

Any-who,,, you can make up 1000's apon 1000's of different workouts on any machine if you add a few nylon basket slings and set up your body ergonomics up in different positions beyond what the book says...

I can make up 4 too 800 workouts from each machine i use...

I'll still a doe-boy,,, always will be,,, just thought id better get at it now before i get to 70,,, pretty hard turning it on at that stage of the game...

The old guy said:::
""" The hills from 0 too 40 aren't that steep,,, but for most folks the hills from 40 too 80 are brutal...
At what age bracket does one choose too turn it on,,, earlier in life or later,,, its much harder too do it when age becomes a factor."""

Most folks won't because their bodies can't...

Cheers All,,, got too run,,, got a semi trailer full of crap too hand-,bomb,,,
Body ergonomics all the way

Last edited:

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is also a great work out Machine. Very simple.
I'm betting that some of the shovel designers never used one ...esp in wet cement snow ....much rather a small blade

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the work-out machine that got me started...
View attachment 269985
$350 Cnd funds all in for 10.000 ++ miles
I ghost pedaled alot of miles over the 2 years,,, pretty much covered most of Central Albeta and lots for rides in the Eastern slopes...

Old smoker,,,doe-boy needed too start some where...

Then We built 7 of these for the next workout vvv
View attachment 269986
$800 cnd funds for the first 1,,, We got them down to $500 all in on the next workout series...
Logged on 2 too 3000 miles on these units when my whole body was ready too take over all on its own...

High elevation training for the next year with runn-boots
View attachment 269987

A few months of that ,,, took up longer mountain hikes after that...
View attachment 269988

The work out plan was under-way,,, got my first 60 lb bike push completed that summer...
Bike and rigging scaled in at 60 + lbs for 10 kms up bike pushing... vvv

View attachment 269989

Followed by extreme cold weather hikes threw out Western Canada
View attachment 269991
^^^ - 37°f for full day stints in a home made Canadian armed forces High Artic suit...
View attachment 269992
Ruffly 2 years getting the suit dialed in,,, takes 30 to 40 minutes too suit up properly out side at -30°f... never dawn on a Artic suit in a warm building... You'll over heat before yha get out the door...

Spring rolled in,,, back too workout plan 3000 by then,,, covered alot of Western Canada by truck & bike...
16 too 24 workout stints,,, squeeze in 20 too 30 mile rides every night no matter what...
View attachment 269993

BC has some of the hardest climbs I've ever done...

The reframe from smoking thing kicked in vvv
View attachment 269994
^^^ 50 lbs of fat bike riding on the Eastern Slopes of Rocky Mountain Range

No E-assist or nothing,,, stand alone human power...

Fat bike does not like smokers,,, lol...
View attachment 269995

Racked up 2000 + miles before this spring kicked in...

Full time job trucking,,, farm operations,,, biking,,, and daily chores here and there...
Don't know how i found the time too add this workout too my be'ing

View attachment 269996

I was thinking about doing a full on workout gym,,, then i realized that my daily lifestyle is a gym...

Pay too join a gym or get paid working my @zz off at work that is now my gym...

That's the was I see it,,, line up tasks on the job as a workout,,, I joined a gym to watch others workout,,, learned all about the dynamic system too prevent injuries... and haven't looked back since...

Reframe from static streches if yha want keep going,,, they only come into play at days end...

I learned this the hard way,,, ended up losing 4 months due too that...

Dynamic makes yha bullet proof,,, just like We learned in foot-ball,,, nothing worse then being all stretched out if your going to take a hit...

Zero Static for me going into battle... Ha

The clash of the cup-cakes,,, you'll find lots of information on what not too do when one needs those muscles tight and ready too rock...

Think of ones muscles like a rubber-band,,, the strongest bands are one that haven't been stretched out (Too Far).

A firm muscles group will take yha the distance,,, of course each person has their own take of what works for them...

Any-who,,, you can make up 1000's apon 1000's of different workouts on any machine if you add a few nylon basket slings and set up your body ergonomics up in different positions beyond what the book says...

I can make up 4 too 800 workouts from each machine i use...

I'll still a doe-boy,,, always will be,,, just thought id better get at it now before i get to 70,,, pretty hard turning it on at that stage of the game...

The old guy said:::
""" The hills from 0 too 40 aren't that steep,,, but for most folks the hills from 40 too 80 are brutal...
At what age bracket does one choose too turn it on,,, earlier in life or later,,, its much harder too do it when age becomes a factor."""

Most folks won't because their bodies can't...

Cheers All,,, got too run,,, got a semi trailer full of crap too hand-,bomb,,,
Body ergonomics all the way
Now that was a well put together documentary. Thank you

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our adventures begin with yes I can,,, and sometimes end with (I aint a going too try that again.)

Ha...

Yuppers,,, get moving now instead of later could be the plan for those that choose...

Top Bottom