Work out machine?

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230618-234746.png

Has anyone used a workout machine like this, if so what are your opinions good or bad. Says it goes up to 220 lbs. Never tried a unit like this before. Thank you.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outfitted our gym with atlas from northern fitness. Great deals and good universal equipment. Quality that you would see in a real gym.

When you have too many attachments and too many pulleys I find they are trying to do too much. Best all around bang for the buck so far has been my trx.

Just my opinion

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outfitted our gym with atlas from northern fitness. Great deals and good universal equipment. Quality that you would see in a real gym.

When you have too many attachments and too many pulleys I find they are trying to do too much. Best all around bang for the buck so far has been my trx.

Just my opinion

Looks like a nice machine but out of my price range. Do you think 220 lbs of weights are enough poundage? I understand what you are saying a machine with too many bells and whistles. I think the maxhine I showed has a decent amount of exercises to work on the chest and arms, I don't care about leg exersises so much. I hope it builds muscle and sheds some chest fat if one uses it faithfully like lilduke mentioned, which I intend to.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice machine but out of my price range. Do you think 220 lbs of weights are enough poundage? I understand what you are saying a machine with too many bells and whistles. I think the maxhine I showed has a decent amount of exercises to work on the chest and arms, I don't care about leg exersises so much. I hope it builds muscle and sheds some chest fat if one uses it faithfully like lilduke mentioned, which I intend to.
I guess an important question would be how much is it?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just my opinion
Ditto, a TRX is amazing with what you can do with it. Much smaller, lighter and cheaper as well.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree with above, I went with the adjustable bowflex dumbells and a bench. Does what I need and then some and takes up minimal space

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Machines let you work one limb harder if you are not careful. Example right hand dominant is stronger and does more work. Over time I found it got worse. You have to be very conscious to keep both limbs doing the same work. Free weights avoid this because that limb has to do the work. Imbalances create all sorts of issues with back and neck

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also your range of motion is limited with machines. with free weights you can and do tend to change what movements you make

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also your range of motion is limited with machines. with free weights you can and do tend to change what movements you make. If you are new to weights I would make a suggestion to hire a trainer for at least one or two sessions to get your form correct. You can develop bad habits quickly that can hurt you. They can also put you down the path of a proper workout routine. Too much is not a good thing.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is also a great work out Machine. Very simple.
Awe. The goon spoon. As a young man that spoon helped me lift snowmobiles on the weekend. I Worked at a big lumber mill and I shovelled wood chips for Overtime from under the mill

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still use one of those just about everyday, I'm one of those operators who would rather get out and do it myself. Especially with the hew generation of laborers, hard to sit and watch, less frustrating to just do it myself.

Top Bottom