Wiebo Ludwig arrested for Encana pipeline bombings

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one way to fix weibo it cost $0.30 and closure to karmens family is pricless . i will never agree with this wack job doing this crap in my area while i enjoy the peace country with my family we have quadded near the sights in the past i always suspected him in beginning if you ever have met him there is something wrong up there he has more charachters than sesame street

RIP Karmen Willis

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
one way to fix weibo it cost $0.30 and closure to karmens family is pricless . i will never agree with this wack job doing this crap in my area while i enjoy the peace country with my family we have quadded near the sights in the past i always suspected him in beginning if you ever have met him there is something wrong up there he has more charachters than sesame street

RIP Karmen Willis

Sesame street is no longer suitable for pre-schoolers.....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_nPHggnK60[/media]

Ploitics is everywhere....

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just think with 52 or more or less people living on your land..... and what has happend up there i guess they would suspect him. I worked with a guy that lived closed to him very close he was his neibour,lololol.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy molly! Been sledding for 10 hours and I see everyones dander is still up.
This has to be one of the most exciting sites this year...
Doohead----Pass the popcorn and I will send some wobble pops....

Gesh! Esso had a well leaking into Bourque lake and it was just tamed down to a minor spill. Over a few hundred cubes and that is minor?

Probably never killed one fish or the aquatic growth to substain the lake.....
Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMM!

:BBQ: Kimrick, couldn't find the popcorn....have to settle for a BBQ. lol. Where's dem beers.:) Not too many complain about all the birds that get killed in them windmills, or all them fish that freeze solid in the canals..poor bast*rds. lmao. Maybe I should start a new post.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't call him names....but I did compare him to the king envirowacko.

He stated:

When we drill 1800 wells a years in Alberta we f_ck up the entire sub structure to the point that natual gas is now everywhere in the water table. Not true.

tell me about coal bed methane please, when the well is sucked dry and let sit it will tend to fill with water? if not why all the methanol tanks on the sites hmm.

When you can light a flame from your kitchen sink faucet then that is just Bull S_it............. Not always caused by what he thinks causes it. As stated by someone else, this occurs all the time in small town water systems and has nothing to do with drilling for oil and gas. My grandad used to light his faucet for us kids as a gag when we were young and there wasn't any drilling anywhere near there.

true gas is present in a lot of water wells. but wells that never had gas before have it now explain please.

When Sour Gas wells vent off and cattle & people have high rates of sickness in the surounding area then Never proven. Unsubstantiated wives tales.

again hmm. most deaths by h2s can be attributed to other causes. please what percentage of h2s is safe? and what percentage of h2s is required before a well is listed as sour, can this % cause you to die immediately dave do you know which wells are safe within 5 miles of penhold? red deer?

Extremist statements are almost as dangerous as extremist actions.....
dave are you an extremist?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you're saying every well drilled every year cause problems? All 1800 (+++) wells screw up the environment somehow?

So some water wells have gas now that never did before....what about the water wells that no longer have gas that used to?

The "sour gas venting" he is referring to is the oft debated flaring on well sites. This debate has been going on for a long time and never proven to have a negative affect on surrounding areas. Everyone knows the extreme dangers of pure H2S, even in extremely low levels....don't be coy. Pure H2S is not vented directly to the atmosphere anywhere. I've been on hundreds of sour drills and never once had to mask up. I've seen dozens of sour kicks and never had to mask up. This is during the exploration phase of course, which is far more dangerous than the production phase of a well. (unless some nut-job is trying to blow up pipelines that is) Why is it that I'm here still?

I am not an extremist....I'm very passive. What's your motivation for the perpetuation of misinformation? Oh ya....you get paid to sniff out bad wells. Are they ALL bad? Answer me that. I am not saying there aren't environmental mistakes and impacts....never said that. I am saying that the statements AS WRITTEN are not true and can be taken out of context. What is your suggestion to fix all this? Heat our homes with wood? Maybe just shut down the whole industry and cement in every well? That should keep you busy working for a few years.

Edit: I'm not going to continue this "debate" with you. You know very well what I am saying. If you truly believe that all drilling is evil and bad and just screws everything up, then that is your stance. Please state if this is your position and I will respect it. But I'll bet both you and Wiebo drive a vehicle or two and have homes heated by something other than wood or cow dung. Blowing up pipelines is not going to help anyone....and it's a darn sight more likely to release HUGE quantities of dangerous gas into an area and endanger lives than any well drilling. Do you think that Wiebo should blow up jewelry stores because gold is extracted from quartzite using cyanide?

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
So you're saying every well drilled every year cause problems? All 1800 (+++) wells screw up the environment somehow?

Edit: I'm not going to continue this "debate" with you. You know very well what I am saying. If you truly believe that all drilling is evil and bad and just screws everything up, then that is your stance. Please state if this is your position and I will respect it. But I'll bet both you and Wiebo drive a vehicle or two and have homes heated by something other than wood or cow dung. Blowing up pipelines is not going to help anyone....and it's a darn sight more likely to release HUGE quantities of dangerous gas into an area and endanger lives than any well drilling. Do you think that Wiebo should blow up jewelry stores because gold is extracted from quartzite using cyanide?

Is it not also true that without all these "EVIL WELLS" he would no longer be gainfully employed in what I'm sure is a very lucerative career? I find it ironic that one who is employed in our oil and gas industry maintains such a pessimistic view of said industry.

One could also argue that the oilsands projects in the north are similar to enviromental reclamation..... I've worked all aspects of the Fort mac scene, as a land surveyor I've seen how gross smelly and dirty the NATURALLY OCCURING oil is.....also as a safety Proffessional I've seen how much emphasis is put onto safety and environment by the "EVIL BIG OIL COMPANIES" (reactive ot not the comitment is there) As well I've had the pleasure of touring syncrudes post mined reclamation areas, I must say they are much nicer than the "NATURAL STATE" Greenies argue that oilsands are destroying the enviroment.....I counter argue that they are cleaning it up.....If need be I'm sure I can research many 1/2 truthes and bias facts to support my arguement....

Just sayin:d

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you standing on a soap box or what, maybe you should get out and smell the roses, oil patch regulations are in response to problems found in the oil industry, you sound like weibo's opposite, you are dealing with some highly dangerous substances in the oil industry, salt water is one of the worst, h2s toulenes benzines etc. me thinks you need to pull your head out.
No, not a soapbox. I work in the industry, so I don't need you to tell me to get out anywhere. You think you're the only one that knows anything about the oil patch? Regardless of how the regulations came about, they are stringent. There are those that break the regulations true, but there are vastly more that do not and follow them. Some bad operators shouldn't be an excuse to point a finger at the entire industry. I am quite familiar with what salt water does as I used to treat salt spills. You can disagree with my views all you want, but I am as informed as you are. Are you saying that Ludwig's past actions of planting bombs at sour gas well sites is okay? Just have the guts to come out and say it if that's the way you think.:nono:

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This snowmobiler thinks the conversation has in fact, lost site of the true criminal's.
The wack job in question and the products of incest that co-habitate trickle creek are responsible for the death of a 16 year old girl.
This should be a debate on capital punishment.

Good call, I agree with you 100% on that!!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

now where did you get this from, are you making this up, you know i said if only 1 of 1800 wells, your credibility is starting to fail here.

So some water wells have gas now that never did before....what about the water wells that no longer have gas that used to? must have been a miracel eh

The "sour gas venting" he is referring to is the oft debated flaring on well sites. This debate has been going on for a long time and never proven to have a negative affect on surrounding areas. Everyone knows the extreme dangers of pure H2S, even in extremely low levels....don't be coy. Pure H2S is not vented directly to the atmosphere anywhere. I've been on hundreds of sour drills and never once had to mask up. I've seen dozens of sour kicks and never had to mask up. This is during the exploration phase of course, which is far more dangerous than the production phase of a well. (unless some nut-job is trying to blow up pipelines that is) Why is it that I'm here still?

maybe luck ? as you state you don't mask up. definitely unsafe dave please what ppm are we talking here 5 or 500 ppm.

I am not an extremist....I'm very passive. What's your motivation for the perpetuation of misinformation? Oh ya....you get paid to sniff out bad wells. Are they ALL bad? Answer me that. I am not saying there aren't environmental mistakes and impacts....never said that. I am saying that the statements AS WRITTEN are not true and can be taken out of context. What is your suggestion to fix all this? Heat our homes with wood? Maybe just shut down the whole industry and cement in every well? That should keep you busy working for a few years.

now dave please calm down, you state that anyone that doesn't share your view is an extremist, if your view is not the same as mine are you now an extremist. just asking? again i look for pipeline leaks dave, what is a bad well? sorry i may have raised your hackles, i have no objection to oil activity have been in the industry for 34 + years. you ask where my opinion came from, mainly experience and what i have observed personally.

yes i know what you are saying, never said oil activity was bad dave, never have said i agree with wiebo just that i understand. i definitely don't condone blowing up wells or pipelines or jewlery stores ? but dave you said venting sour gas was not dangerous and several times. so what harm will bowing up a pipeline do as you keep saying sour gas is safe and you do not need to mask up.
Dave where do you get this stuff.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it not also true that without all these "EVIL WELLS" he would no longer be gainfully employed in what I'm sure is a very lucerative career? I find it ironic that one who is employed in our oil and gas industry maintains such a pessimistic view of said industry.

i base my opinion on past experience, and i also have surveyed throughout the oil industry, pipelines, wells, plants, roads, subdivisions seismic etc. my comments have been based on observations over the years, yes i have spent lots of time in the city at the end of the road.
so just what are you saying. oil and gas production cannot be improved and made safer.

One could also argue that the oilsands projects in the north are similar to enviromental reclamation..... I've worked all aspects of the Fort mac scene, as a land surveyor I've seen how gross smelly and dirty the NATURALLY OCCURING oil is.....also as a safety Proffessional I've seen how much emphasis is put onto safety and environment by the "EVIL BIG OIL COMPANIES" (reactive ot not the comitment is there) As well I've had the pleasure of touring syncrudes post mined reclamation areas, I must say they are much nicer than the "NATURAL STATE" Greenies argue that oilsands are destroying the enviroment.....I counter argue that they are cleaning it up.....If need be I'm sure I can research many 1/2 truthes and bias facts to support my arguement....

Just sayin:d

i'm sure you can but why?

Stubble Jumper

Reaction score
This is a good topic. I worked on wells all around the trickle creek farm 14 years ago and personally met the man ( He just seemed like a crusty old farmer ) when Encana first bought out AEC and I have to say this alot of the stuff that went on out there was the oil companys fault. As i look back now on the stuff we were doing was just plain wrong and imoral. The stuff that has changed over the last 14 years is as far as enviromental and goverment regulations is what weibo was complaing about. It was one of those cituations that the oil company was not going to bow to any one , they even tried to buy him out but he would not sell. At that point the oil company started pushing there weight around even more and pissed him off. I belive that the media had a lot to do with what happened to that little girl. All the bad publisity and always on the radio and news in a small area like that those kids were just being kids out driving around tearing up the county side ( Like i'm sure all uf us have done when we were kids ) and they figuered it would be be funny to tear up his lawn. In no way do is support what happed after that but i know if it was at my place and my kids were in tents sleeping out side there would be hell to pay. I do not belive these last bombing were done by weibo himself or any one from trickle creek , but he problay has a good idea on who is behind them. I hope the justice system can work this time on who ever is behind them. As my grandfather once said the dam squirrles will find them before our RCMP can. Just my thoughts on this subject

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, not a soapbox. I work in the industry, so I don't need you to tell me to get out anywhere. You think you're the only one that knows anything about the oil patch? Regardless of how the regulations came about, they are stringent. There are those that break the regulations true, but there are vastly more that do not and follow them. Some bad operators shouldn't be an excuse to point a finger at the entire industry. I am quite familiar with what salt water does as I used to treat salt spills. You can disagree with my views all you want, but I am as informed as you are. Are you saying that Ludwig's past actions of planting bombs at sour gas well sites is okay? Just have the guts to come out and say it if that's the way you think.:nono:

not sure but are you trying to tell me what to think. yes most follow the regulations, sometimes fully, sometimes just inside. regulations are stringent yes, please explain why regulations are needed, for the rest of us. i don't disagree with all your views, and no planting bombs is not ok, and no i do not agree with ludwigs views as previously stated ,i said i understand. now is that guts enough.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i know what you are saying, never said oil activity was bad dave, never have said i agree with wiebo just that i understand. i definitely don't condone blowing up wells or pipelines or jewlery stores ? but dave you said venting sour gas was not dangerous and several times. so what harm will bowing up a pipeline do as you keep saying sour gas is safe and you do not need to mask up.
Dave where do you get this stuff.

Show me where I said sour gas was safe. Never actually been on a drilling rig have ya?

Last edited by a moderator:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show me where I said sour gas was safe. Never actually been on a drilling rig have ya? Not surprised. Maybe you should call a wambulance..... (LOL...where did I read that term imtroll'n?)

now dave have you nothing to say and have now resorted to name calling. i have not called you any names, please lets get out of the school yard. Again dave you have know idea were i have been. my comments are derived from my experiences in the area. dave were are your opinions coming from. have you been in the area of the old aec plant, and when.
seems like your experience has been on one drilling rig, but i have no idea. sorry exh probably does't count as oil related.
please read your posts, you have constantly stated that h2s is ( safe), you don't mask up on your rig because you feel it is safe.

dave please what are the effects of long term exposure to h2s levels, you may find out, as you and i are the guinea pigs. you have been shouting out the praises for big oil and they can do no wrong.
how long did shell oil let their pipeline spill into the river out by caroline, how long did shell oil leave there contaminated soil on the south side of red deer, north of armstrong cheese, was the pile covered, it did have plastic bags on the bottom, but where did the rain water go ( and contaminants) maybe into the red deer river. please tell us about beasrspaw pet out by stettler, and how eub were unfair to them, please explain.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep trollin'....

I've said my piece...if you can't read or comprehend it, I can't help you.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now dave again with the name calling :nono: give us the facts, by the way what are you trying to say (trolling) please explain. i don't comprehend and so far you have been no help at all, no facts of any sort, just hearsay and inuendo.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Well HELLOOOOO!

Gesh spend a couple days away and look what I missed.

Name Callin???????

H2S????????

Stand by for a minute, the microvave just dinged and the butter is ready.....

Gesh, I am starting to think with all the opinions and knowledge, you guys must be what? 90 years old.

Can you guys come and run my company?

We can make a million... Did I say a MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys can split a million can't yah?

Bars and bars! Split them and you still get BARS...... Thats were the women are I hear.

Oh, honey grab me a sudsy! The boys are still at it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good topic. I worked on wells all around the trickle creek farm 14 years ago and personally met the man ( He just seemed like a crusty old farmer ) when Encana first bought out AEC and I have to say this alot of the stuff that went on out there was the oil companys fault. As i look back now on the stuff we were doing was just plain wrong and imoral. The stuff that has changed over the last 14 years is as far as enviromental and goverment regulations is what weibo was complaing about. It was one of those cituations that the oil company was not going to bow to any one , they even tried to buy him out but he would not sell. At that point the oil company started pushing there weight around even more and pissed him off. I belive that the media had a lot to do with what happened to that little girl. All the bad publisity and always on the radio and news in a small area like that those kids were just being kids out driving around tearing up the county side ( Like i'm sure all uf us have done when we were kids ) and they figuered it would be be funny to tear up his lawn. In no way do is support what happed after that but i know if it was at my place and my kids were in tents sleeping out side there would be hell to pay. I do not belive these last bombing were done by weibo himself or any one from trickle creek , but he problay has a good idea on who is behind them. I hope the justice system can work this time on who ever is behind them. As my grandfather once said the dam squirrles will find them before our RCMP can. Just my thoughts on this subject

good post, you have been in the area in question, have a valid opinion, right or wrong doesn't matter, you have made it on what you have seen and experienced. thanks for the level headed reply.

Top Bottom