Wiebo Ludwig arrested for Encana pipeline bombings

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Imdoo'n and Dave B....

Settle down! You guys are on the same subject and agree with each other.
LOL!!!!
Repeat,,, LOL!!!

Remeber we are only stirrin the pot.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good topic. I worked on wells all around the trickle creek farm 14 years ago and personally met the man ( He just seemed like a crusty old farmer ) when Encana first bought out AEC and I have to say this alot of the stuff that went on out there was the oil companys fault. As i look back now on the stuff we were doing was just plain wrong and imoral. The stuff that has changed over the last 14 years is as far as enviromental and goverment regulations is what weibo was complaing about. It was one of those cituations that the oil company was not going to bow to any one , they even tried to buy him out but he would not sell. At that point the oil company started pushing there weight around even more and pissed him off. I belive that the media had a lot to do with what happened to that little girl. All the bad publisity and always on the radio and news in a small area like that those kids were just being kids out driving around tearing up the county side ( Like i'm sure all uf us have done when we were kids ) and they figuered it would be be funny to tear up his lawn. In no way do is support what happed after that but i know if it was at my place and my kids were in tents sleeping out side there would be hell to pay. I do not belive these last bombing were done by weibo himself or any one from trickle creek , but he problay has a good idea on who is behind them. I hope the justice system can work this time on who ever is behind them. As my grandfather once said the dam squirrles will find them before our RCMP can. Just my thoughts on this subject

Okay, your facts are wrong. You should search that better. I worked for Encana for 8 yrs. It would be cheaper for them to buy everyone out if that was the case. They would own all the land where they drill, it would be easier not having to deal with people, but that doesn't happen. Are you seriously telling me also that you would go out shooting 16 year old kids for driving around on your land? What is wrong with you. I think there is a lot of things I could do like shoot pedophiles or something like that but, I could not shoot someone for trespassing even if my kids were out camping. If they came close I would be pretty dam angry, I would elect for the beating maybe, not the cold blooded killing of a 16 yr old girl. Wow, we are not even aloud to kill someone if they broke into our house. At least that is what I was told when I took my FAC 2 months ago. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I am sure Ludwig is a misinformed landowner, just like 80% of them. There is also some other crazy ch!t going on there. We will never know.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, your facts are wrong. You should search that better. I worked for Encana for 8 yrs. It would be cheaper for them to buy everyone out if that was the case. They would own all the land where they drill, it would be easier not having to deal with people, but that doesn't happen. Are you seriously telling me also that you would go out shooting 16 year old kids for driving around on your land? What is wrong with you. I think there is a lot of things I could do like shoot pedophiles or something like that but, I could not shoot someone for trespassing even if my kids were out camping. If they came close I would be pretty dam angry, I would elect for the beating maybe, not the cold blooded killing of a 16 yr old girl. Wow, we are not even aloud to kill someone if they broke into our house. At least that is what I was told when I took my FAC 2 months ago. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I am sure Ludwig is a misinformed landowner, just like 80% of them. There is also some other crazy ch!t going on there. We will never know.

please reread his post, nowhere has he stated he would shoot at anyone, pedophiles either, just hell to pay. you are telling me that some joy riders running over your kids, and you are going to just use a few stern words. the girl and her friends were committing a criminal act, if they were not there there would have not been a shooting, no the girl did not deserve to die, and that was a trajedy. any criminal breaking into my house will be armed with a knife and club when he is found in the morning.
encana did not try to buy him out it was aec, and they did try to throw a little weight around.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please reread his post, nowhere has he stated he would shoot at anyone, pedophiles either, just hell to pay. you are telling me that some joy riders running over your kids, and you are going to just use a few stern words. the girl and her friends were committing a criminal act, if they were not there there would have not been a shooting, no the girl did not deserve to die, and that was a trajedy. any criminal breaking into my house will be armed with a knife and club when he is found in the morning.
encana did not try to buy him out it was aec, and they did try to throw a little weight around.

You need to reread. I said I could shoot pedophiles. Forget about that you did not understand my point. EnCana is AEC. They merged with Pan Canadian right, and took over evrything as for operations. What I'm saying is I would not go out in my yard in the dark and start firing my rifle. You wouldn't do, get serious. First thing you would do is rush to where your kids are and make sure they are safe. Then you would chase down the little f**kers, and scare the absolute hell out of them with your gun....or whatever. You wouldn't just start firing through the air. Come on imdoo'n.
You are getting extremely stupid now. Before I kind of agreed with you but not now, you better go to bed because you are getting dumber, and dumber by the minute. Go to bed like you said you were going to do. One more question though before you go.......answer this seriously......have you ever driven across someones land, say on a sled, quad or whatever with out going and directly asking them for permission. I know it is a little different. But some farmers think of us sledders as ripping through there fields to be a terrible thing. Riddle me that!! But remember, seriously.

Okay you say you guys wouldn't shoot her, but you say ther would be hell to pay. I say give them a beating, then you ask that's that all I would do, you say the girl committed a criminal crime. That tells me you would have shot her. Just what I am getting out of this. Sorry if I'm wrong.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
food for thought, there have been alot of postings about the guy in bashaw that shot a guy trying to steal an old quad. was he right or wrong? maybe he should have let the police handle it, maybe he had previous experience with police investigation or lack of. he took matters into his own hands. maybe wiebo has had same response, he shot at a bunch of kids ripping up his place, he may of had his kids in yard, would you have let these clowns get away with it, not likely. girl died. is there any difference. the thief in bashaw could have died. is there a difference. seem to recall most thought the guy in bashaw was a hero?

don't get me wrong, i don't agree with what is happening in wiebo land, but i can understand his frame of mind, don't agree, but understand.

Not sure what I get out of this post either. Are you for or against? Can't tell. You say there would be hell to pay if they ripped up your land. I say a beating, not a shooting. Where do you stand on this. Right or wrong?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to reread.

-i think i read the posts correctly. the only one who has stated that he would kill someone is you. i have clearly stated that i do not agree with Wiebo or what he has done, i said i can understand, but don't agree.

I said I could shoot pedophiles. Forget about that you did not understand my point
. EnCana is AEC. They merged with Pan Canadian right, and took over evrything as for operations.
-yes you are right, only this issue started long before encana was ever formed, thus they inherited this mess and have tried to clean most of it up.

What I'm saying is I would not go out in my yard in the dark and start firing my rifle. You wouldn't do, get serious. First thing you would do is rush to where your kids are and make sure they are safe. Then you would chase down the little f**kers, and scare the absolute hell out of them with your gun....or whatever. You wouldn't just start firing through the air. Come on imdoo'n.

-again, if i came out of the house at night with my kids sleeping in a tent and saw clowns spinning donuts near my kids, you bet i would. you endanger my family or me personally, you will pay the price period. also as i have stated i have no guns and have no need as i will take care of business as ralph said shoot shovel and stfu.

You are getting extremely stupid now. Before I kind of agreed with you but not now, you better go to bed because you are getting dumber, and dumber by the minute. Go to bed like you said you were going to do. One more question though before you go.......answer this seriously......have you ever driven across someones land, say on a sled, quad or whatever with out going and directly asking them for permission. I know it is a little different. But some farmers think of us sledders as ripping through there fields to be a terrible thing. Riddle me that!! But remember, seriously.
- what?
Okay you say you guys wouldn't shoot her, but you say ther would be hell to pay. I say give them a beating, then you ask that's that all I would do, you say the girl committed a criminal crime. That tells me you would have shot her. Just what I am getting out of this. Sorry if I'm wrong.
- as i have stated i would not have shot her as i have no guns and do not go waving them around. i have been run off property before with wackos who can not think straight, police can't be bothered to leave the donut shop, and yes we had permission supposedly
also you have the right to protect yourself and your property, you must be justified in shooting a gun as you do not have the right to shoot anyone unless they are threatening your life. and as i have stated they would be found the next day with knives, clubs etc.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents is this: I've worked/working in gas compression for over 20 years and there is no way in hell I would live near a sour field or facility. Gas leaks/releases can and do happen. Some are recorded, some are not, the regulator can't be there everyday. Today's Oil and Gas Industry is far better than even 10 years ago. Yes they try and be environmentally friendly but it wasn't that long ago you would dump used oil on a lease to keep the dust down, small leaks, flaring were no big deal.
I also don't think there is enough known about H2S's long term health hazards.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
- as i have stated i would not have shot her as i have no guns and do not go waving them around. i have been run off property before with wackos who can not think straight, police can't be bothered to leave the donut shop, and yes we had permission supposedly
also you have the right to protect yourself and your property, you must be justified in shooting a gun as you do not have the right to shoot anyone unless they are threatening your life. and as i have stated they would be found the next day with knives, clubs etc.

I am still pretty sure you would have to be beaten badly yourself, to prove it was necessary. It would be nice to find out exactly what you can do, and get away with to protect yourself. I will start a new thread. Thanks.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents is this: I've worked/working in gas compression for over 20 years and there is no way in hell I would live near a sour field or facility. Gas leaks/releases can and do happen. Some are recorded, some are not, the regulator can't be there everyday. Today's Oil and Gas Industry is far better than even 10 years ago. Yes they try and be environmentally friendly but it wasn't that long ago you would dump used oil on a lease to keep the dust down, small leaks, flaring were no big deal.
I also don't think there is enough known about H2S's long term health hazards.

Ya tough to say man. I know some pretty old dudes, like 70 yrs old that were still working the patch consulting until just recently. They always talked about how they would carry shot guns to light the H2S cloud up. They are still fine. Anyway, with Weibo, I was just trying to get at an underlying cause. Was he a little extra close to his family if you know what I'm saying. Do we know that? Is that the cause? It's easy to blame the oil companies which is why I ask.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i share your opinion, you have the experience to back up your views and therefore your opinion is valid, whether we share the same view or not.

the effects of H2S are not known, it is an extremely dangerous substance, and some people do not want to be test subjects. DaveB is the exception, he thinks they will cure anything medical condition he may find himself in. Nieve is the word that comes to mind,

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SHOOT, SHOVEL and SHUT UP!!!! ;)

Bahahaha, your crazy man, I like you, your effing crazy.

Where do you you live though, I don't want to accidently end up crossing your land with my sled.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still pretty sure you would have to be beaten badly yourself, to prove it was necessary. It would be nice to find out exactly what you can do, and get away with to protect yourself. I will start a new thread. Thanks.

sorry, you do not have to start a new thread, we are having a dicussion, and i value your opinion, may not agree, but if you use facts not hearsay, your opinion is welcome. discussion ( may be heated, keep the name calling and threats down) is always welcome, as that is how opinions can be formed.

Again, i do not agree with wiebo's tactics or most of his ideas, i just understand. I do not condone guns in any way, and have no use for such. to many people killed by stupid people. H2S is not user friendly.

and DaveB can you explain trolling, do you do it often, can you you do it at home or do you need to be in a public place, do you enjoy it or is it painful, you seem to be well informed on the subject and may be able to enlighten us. Again dave i have not said anything that i would not say to you face to face. so far i have stated just my opinion right or wrong, i may be wrong so give me some facts to show that you are just not showing schoolyard bravado.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and DaveB can you explain trolling, do you do it often, can you you do it at home or do you need to be in a public place, do you enjoy it or is it painful, you seem to be well informed on the subject and may be able to enlighten us. Again dave i have not said anything that i would not say to you face to face. so far i have stated just my opinion right or wrong, i may be wrong so give me some fats to show that not schoolyard bravado.

Is your OPINION better than mine? Keep trying dude....gotta use better bait than that.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry, you do not have to start a new thread, we are having a dicussion, and i value your opinion, may not agree, but if you use facts not hearsay, your opinion is welcome. discussion ( may be heated, keep the name calling and threats down) is always welcome, as that is how opinions can be formed.

Again, i do not agree with wiebo's tactics or most of his ideas, i just understand. I do not condone guns in any way, and have no use for such. to many people killed by stupid people. H2S is not user friendly.

and DaveB can you explain trolling, do you do it often, can you you do it at home or do you need to be in a public place, do you enjoy it or is it painful, you seem to be well informed on the subject and may be able to enlighten us. Again dave i have not said anything that i would not say to you face to face. so far i have stated just my opinion right or wrong, i may be wrong so give me some fats to show that not schoolyard bravado.

Sorry Imdoo'n, started a new topic as I thought I was getting OFF topic. I am done with this Weibo thing. My feelings "he is crazy man....crazy". Although....I HAVE NOT been near his land, and do not know what his situation is exactly for the H2S thing. If he has that much H2S coming into his area he has a valid point. There are systems that can be set up on the land to detect the amount of H2S. I have seen them working. Any detections and an alarm triggers, and the ERCB is involved immediately. I have personally had to deal with this several times. If he has those, then there would be records of the H2S levels near him. Why is that not being made public in his defense. Believe me, I have dealt with the ERCB for 12 yrs. They are not on the Oil companies side. Not in the Southern Alberta areas anyway. They do a pretty good job of trying to make the oil companies follow strict policies. I have found over the years that it's the little companies that do not follow the policies, and get away with it. Thanks.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Imdoo'n, started a new topic as I thought I was getting OFF topic. I am done with this Weibo thing. My feelings "he is crazy man....crazy". Although....I HAVE NOT been near his land, and do not know what his situation is exactly for the H2S thing. If he has that much H2S coming into his area he has a valid point. There are systems that can be set up on the land to detect the amount of H2S. I have seen them working. Any detections and an alarm triggers, and the ERCB is involved immediately. I have personally had to deal with this several times. If he has those, then there would be records of the H2S levels near him. Why is that not being made public in his defense. Believe me, I have dealt with the ERCB for 12 yrs. They are not on the Oil companies side. Not in the Southern Alberta areas anyway. They do a pretty good job of trying to make the oil companies follow strict policies. I have found over the years that it's the little companies that do not follow the policies, and get away with it. Thanks.
I agree with your comments regarding ERCB. One thing people need to remember is that all anyone has heard is Ludwig's side of the story. We do not know what went on in the negotiations he has had with the industry. I deal with landowners regarding industry on a regular basis and have for 20 years, and I can tell you that they are not all honest. Some will look you in the eye and lie to your face if it will help their position. Some in industry will do the same obviously, but the point is, I wouldn't be surprised if Ludwig's version of events around his place isn't entirely accurate. He has never come up with any solid evidence to back his health claims. Not once. It's all his word. We're all supposed to accept his word as gospel. I don't think so.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to DaveB for the map showing wells near my house as an example. I'm fairly removed from any major producers but how would you like to live in the red zone to the east of my location? Hmmm, maybe I need to move.

Attachments

• wellsite[1].pdf
    70.8 KB · Views: 62

Stubble Jumper

Reaction score

I am not going to get in to a spitting match with anyone over this subject , I was just stating what i saw with my own eyes , You say you worked for encana for eight years , i am quite sure there were things that got done that were not 100% up to spec , because even today they still bend the rules for them selves unil the EUCB steps in , I am quite aware they talk out both sides of there faces. ( 99% of the oil companies do ) . I personaly work for some of the majors right on the front lines and if any one thinks any oil company is perfict think again , some are better at hiding there faults and short cut better then the others , As far as the EUCB they are here for the public and are trying to patrol a vast industrie that was at one time allowed to contol them selves but when it was proven that industie in general could not be trusted to due what they said they were doing to due is when they stepped in. That is when the oil companys started complaining , end result lost profits . Look at what has happened since stelmac brought in the new rules the oil companys are pouting like a bunch on kindergaten kids because the now have to pay more. They all should grow up and work with the public and regletory bodys so issues like the weibo thing can be a thing of the past.
My 2 cents

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not going to get in to a spitting match with anyone over this subject , I was just stating what i saw with my own eyes , You say you worked for encana for eight years , i am quite sure there were things that got done that were not 100% up to spec , because even today they still bend the rules for them selves unil the EUCB steps in , I am quite aware they talk out both sides of there faces. ( 99% of the oil companies do ) . I personaly work for some of the majors right on the front lines and if any one thinks any oil company is perfict think again , some are better at hiding there faults and short cut better then the others , As far as the EUCB they are here for the public and are trying to patrol a vast industrie that was at one time allowed to contol them selves but when it was proven that industie in general could not be trusted to due what they said they were doing to due is when they stepped in. That is when the oil companys started complaining , end result lost profits . Look at what has happened since stelmac brought in the new rules the oil companys are pouting like a bunch on kindergaten kids because the now have to pay more. They all should grow up and work with the public and regletory bodys so issues like the weibo thing can be a thing of the past.
My 2 cents

I don't think you read one of my later posts where I said that a lot of the smaller companies are worse. I have worked in the office and in the field. I am telling you the truth when I say that in the group I was in they were very, very concerned about the landowner, and the public. The landowner runs them, whatever they want we had to do. Believe me, we were washing the tires on the rigs before we went on different land so not to spread disease. Now that I have worked for smaller companies I know they try to get away with a little bit, but if the landowner pushes they can make it very difficult for us. I actually had a guy more pissed off about a little oil spill, about a five gallon pail full(which we cleaned up right away) then 1500L of produced water the brilliant tank truck driver spilled on the ground. Like I said, most of the time, they are not educated enough on what is good or bad. Don't get me wrong either because I am not preaching for any of these guys, just pointing out my dealings. Every bodies is different. Actually to tell you truth, I have experienced guys in the field breaking the rules because they for some reason think they are doing the oil company a favor. We would rather see the job get done right, and the landowner be happy, then he will let us drill more wells. He will not flood our lease road when we need to go fix the well, etc.

Top Bottom