Who wants to race my wheelbarrow?

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
mine is blue, stock tire, old school wood handles, not this cheap plastic junk they put out now....
pics up tomorrow

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is blue, stock tire, old school wood handles, not this cheap plastic junk they put out now....
pics up tomorrow

It's not cheap plstic junk, its LIGHT WEIGHT!

I'm going to port my handles tonight, this is getting serious quick.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
wait till you see the tilt angle on mine!!! almost a 90 before the tip brace even touches the ground!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone thinking modman may have home track advantage? I think maybe the parking lot of the Locker Room....saturday night.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where and what will the track be?
I think If it is clay track, I am going to put picks in the tires for traction
Time for MODMAN to get his butt kicked:d
Hunting down and scaring poor Joey while he is moving to Canada from ontario:nono:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone thinking modman may have home track advantage? I think maybe the parking lot of the Locker Room....saturday night.

well, if you're thinking your wheelbarrow can't handle a little gravel.......

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'm in...... Gonna enter several classes....... I'm loaded for bear with my custom shop water cooler, and also bring my revamped wheel barrow........ You guys shakin' in your high heels yet???

Attachments

• OFFICE WATER BOTTLE 2.JPG
    OFFICE WATER BOTTLE 2.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So we're in the back tunin' the tuner cars......... Oops, gotta make a brewhouse beer run....... The biotches get grumpy if i don't keep 'em watered........

Attachments

• SHOPWORK.jpg
    SHOPWORK.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 246

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got my new 4 wheeled semi caged hot rod garbage can hauler back I'm sure it will put up a hell of a fight especially now with the new vp racing sticker on it and fresh new rubber:thumbsup2: if i lose I might have to drop and roll the thing and paint it rainbow colored for next race

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
SO HERE'S THE OFFICIAL WHEELBARROW RACE RULES........AS PULLED OFF GOOGLE The Great Carterton Wheelbarrow Race :

Wheelbarrow Race Rules
1) WHEELBARROWS: (henceforth known as a "barrow") These shall be, standard, unmodified, hardware store type only (not sack barrows) supplied by the competitors.

2) SCRUTINEERING: This shall be carried out by the Scrutineer who will approve each barrow & the entrants. Barrows & competitors must conform to the following requirements.

The Barrows
A) Bodywork, bearings, & chassis must be unmodified and be of secure & sturdy construction.
B) Grips & shafts must be secure & rigid.

3) SAFETY EQUIPMENT Each competitor must supply and wear the following;
A) Sturdy leather gloves. B) A cycle helmet.
C) Elbow & knee guards. D) Running shoes.

4) COMPETITORS ARE TO BE DRUG & ALCOHOL FREE & OVER 15 YEARS OF AGE

5) STARTING:This will be by starting gun from prepared grid positions, which will be drawn from a hat & issued by the Starting Marshall.

6) THE COURSE will be marked out with hay bales, council cones & road markings.

7) HEATS will be held to determine qualifiers for the open final. The exact number of qualifiers will be determined on the day, depending on the number of competitors.

8) RIDER CHANGING: During the race, competitors are required to change from runner to rider at the designated areas around the course. The wheel must remain in the change zone during the change, or the team will be penalized by having to change back again. The 2nd change does not have to be within the change zone but
must be at the immediate call of the Change Marshall who will shout "Barrow no. XX - Illegal change! Change again".

9) RIDER CONFIGURATION: The riders may position themselves in any configuration in the barrow they desire, but if any of the Course Marshals consider this configuration unsafe, they may be required to adjust their configuration by the cry "Barrow No. XX - Adjust load!".

10) SAFETY RULES: Noteit is part of the race that competitors compete fiercely for position & generally no quarter will be given;
But illegal acts will result in immediate disqualification by any of the Course Marshals.
Illegal Acts -These are described as follows:
• Cutting The course
• Deliberately forcing other competitors off the course
• Deliberate Ramming of any type
• Interference with other teams

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a sweet vintage "barrow" here at the shop, got faded to grey wood frame and handels, got some dried up dog crap in it so its methane powered.
I'll donate our parkinglot for the race if modmans neighbours shut us down. We even have a nice ashphalt jump that the spectators will love.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm out. No Brewhouse allowed, and the field will disappear.

NO RULES!

This is a no holds barred race. Run what ya brung and giv'er. Brewhouse, Coors, Jack Daniels, moonshine, whatever will be allowed to fuel your race machine, there will be no fuel testing at this event.

Anything and anything will be allowed to race, wheelbarrow's are good but if you wanna bring the "for sale" sign off your nieghbours front lawn and race it, it will be allowed. My wheelbarrow is fast enough to take on any and all race machines that you fuggers want to bring.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank god. I just placed an order for a new lightweight bucket this afternoon, and I picked up some Monster stickers at lunch.

Prepare to be destroyed.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO RULES!

This is a no holds barred race. Run what ya brung and giv'er. Brewhouse, Coors, Jack Daniels, moonshine, whatever will be allowed to fuel your race machine, there will be no fuel testing at this event.

Anything and anything will be allowed to race, wheelbarrow's are good but if you wanna bring the "for sale" sign off your nieghbours front lawn and race it, it will be allowed. My wheelbarrow is fast enough to take on any and all race machines that you fuggers want to bring.

no fuel testing wtf i'm out.:rant::mad: there should at least be mutual fuel sampling :dto ensure we all have a fair race.

Top Bottom