Who is ready for summer?

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5000 for Glen Echo. That's crazy. That is the worst part of the lake too. We pay 2800 a year and I leave the trailer there in the winter. It's a nice area where we are, nothing fancy but it works.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5000 for Glen Echo. That's crazy. That is the worst part of the lake too. We pay 2800 a year and I leave the trailer there in the winter. It's a nice area where we are, nothing fancy but it works.

yes we thought $5000 grand was rather steep too. To be honest though I dont mind that part of the lake but we found a lot of times we would head out towards Sicamous and the Narrows. How far are you from the lake?

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm about 150 yards from the lake. Which works good for me. I have young kids so I don't have to worry about them going swimming unsupervised while I'm in the trailer.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are anxious to get on the water soon too. Toying around with idea of going to Kalamalaka-laka-laka Lake (or what ever it is!!). Can't justify the fuel expense taking the big rig so we tried to find a decent B&B nearby, but couldn't find one that met our needs.

You B.C.'ers know if you can still 'tow' your boat with a houseboat? Thought about a couple families together on the Shuswap. I was out there many many years ago and could swear people had there speed boats tied to thier houseboats.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. You can tow a boat behind a houseboat. Heck, I've seen 2 boats and 2 sea doos being pulled before. I know you can't raft the houseboats together anymore. Shuswap is a great lake to be on. Lots of places to pull the boat on the beach and camp if you want to.

kbweed

Reaction score
thinking of boating from kamloops to enderby, anyone do this, any info would be good. grew up in kamloops so i know that area but never been on the shuswap river to enderby. have a jet boat so i think it will be no problem

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking of boating from kamloops to enderby, anyone do this, any info would be good. grew up in kamloops so i know that area but never been on the shuswap river to enderby. have a jet boat so i think it will be no problem

if you have a jet boat you should be good to go. Been up from Mara to Grindrod in my 22 ft bow rider no problem. As for the Kamloops to Shuswap, water does get low in late summer but you should be ok too.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are anxious to get on the water soon too. Toying around with idea of going to Kalamalaka-laka-laka Lake (or what ever it is!!). Can't justify the fuel expense taking the big rig so we tried to find a decent B&B nearby, but couldn't find one that met our needs.

You B.C.'ers know if you can still 'tow' your boat with a houseboat? Thought about a couple families together on the Shuswap. I was out there many many years ago and could swear people had there speed boats tied to thier houseboats.

are you looking for a B&B right on the lake? There are some really nice B&B around Vernon area. As for a boat and houseboat tied together, Free Rider is right. See it all the time. Keep in mind cops also have a house boat cruising around too. Here is a picture from last summer just past the Narrows. A gong show of houseboats and this is when business was down by nearly 50% according to local business owners on the lake

IMG_4599.jpg

Side Show

Reaction score
I've been on this site for about 2 years now and just realized there was a boating section. lol. Who else is done with winter? I broke my leg sledding a while back so my riding season is done. Bring on summer!!!

Just because your bones are too brittle to handle a little jump on your sled doesn't mean you can ruin it for the rest of us. Have a glass of milk and put your deck back on your truck!

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because your bones are too brittle to handle a little jump on your sled doesn't mean you can ruin it for the rest of us. Have a glass of milk and put your deck back on your truck!

Hey Nate, I will remember this comment later this summer when I am out on the lake with my boat and you are stuck on the beach. lol

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Oh man I am so ready for summer!! Cottage is open for the season already!! :beer::cool::beer: Got to get this white stuff off the lake though!!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i could sell the 2 houses i built and then go buy a new mastercraft tige or malibu I will be ready for summer. until then, sledding it is

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bsfImg.jpg
getting a full enclosure put on her this weekend should be ready on monday will post pics then

*well i guess parts didn't get delivered on time will be ready on wednessday*

bring on the sun :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom