Where to get firewood by the logging truck?

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, not only am I starting to think about sledding again, but also about heating my home in Sherwood Park.

Does anyone know who I can purchase larch/birch by the logging truck from, which I can then buck up and split here on the acreage - that has to be the cheaper way to do it.

Any thoughts?

A guy that lives 6 miles east of Lacombe has a yard full of full length birch that he is selling as split or not, I will get you a number. He owns his own log hauling company, would probably haul it to you as well.... Actually Dean Gordon Trucking is the company name, hauls around the edson area. Hope that helps, little bit closer then whitecourt:beer:

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy that lives 6 miles east of Lacombe has a yard full of full length birch that he is selling as split or not, I will get you a number. He owns his own log hauling company, would probably haul it to you as well.... Actually Dean Gordon Trucking is the company name, hauls around the edson area. Hope that helps, little bit closer then whitecourt:beer:

I would be interested in his number as well. Thanks.
Frank

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just giving this old thread a bump - anyone know a good contact for logging truck loads of Birch or Tamarack delivered. I am in the Sherwood Park location.

Thanks......Al

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fyi a truck load to sherwood park would be running you anywhere between $3000-$4000 depending on who you get, and there are not many guys doing it anymore. the price keeps on going up for everyone, the problem is the logging companies have to now cut and log and truck it out with the rest of the timber instead of putting it in slash piles so it costs them money and they want their money back even if its just for firewood. the last guy i got said its going up with the cost of fuel and cost of logging the trees, thats why i guess the price now and for next year will be 3000-4000 a load. for that price you might only get 10-14 cord birch. the cost for pine is a bit better $2500 ish and you will probably get 16-18 cord if the trees are big

Last edited:

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing an old thread back too life. Just wondering if anyone has come across any logging loads of firewood west of Edmonton. Had a deal lined up on 3 logging loads but the guy changed his mind. Not sure if I will get in the bush this winter, had a hip replacement in July.

Top Bottom