Where to get firewood by the logging truck?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, not only am I starting to think about sledding again, but also about heating my home in Sherwood Park.

Does anyone know who I can purchase larch/birch by the logging truck from, which I can then buck up and split here on the acreage - that has to be the cheaper way to do it.

Any thoughts?

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, not only am I starting to think about sledding again, but also about heating my home in Sherwood Park.

Does anyone know who I can purchase larch/birch by the logging truck from, which I can then buck up and split here on the acreage - that has to be the cheaper way to do it.

Any thoughts?

Double B logging out of Whitecout has sold truck loads of birch in the past so you may want to ck with them................780-778-8838 is the contact number.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never thought of doing it that way, but how will ya unload it from the logging truck?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got an idea how many cords of wood from a logging truck load? Going to give these guys a call today, or if anyone knows of a company closer to Sherwood Park that would be great also.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
16 to 19 cords, there was a guy in Plamondon selling wood, I paid 900.00 for real nice dry spruce. I havent had any problems with the chimminey I checked it and swept it there was maybe one or two quarts of stuff I collected for one year. Clean it once a year.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
16 to 19 cords, there was a guy in Plamondon selling wood, I paid 900.00 for real nice dry spruce. I havent had any problems with the chimminey I checked it and swept it there was maybe one or two quarts of stuff I collected for one year. Clean it once a year.

Is that $900 delivered by logging truck? Then you buck up and slpit

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes he delivered it & unloaded himself for that price then you buck it up.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seems pretty good, I don't think I could drive out and pick up that many cords myself cheaper than that.

Great idea if ya got room to do it!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy that sells birch about 2km east of the Wabamun Lake Prov. Park turn off on HWY 16 ... he has tons of split and tons of logs...not to sure if he sells the logs...he is right on the north side of the highway.

We've bought from him, real gruff looking guy but real nice. We only bought truck box amount for camping. Fairly cheap and dry, good enough for around the fire.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called the # above 780 778-8838 she gave me a guy named Brett, I left the # at work..sorry.

Would you be able to get the number for me? Time to start thinking about that. Lot's of leaves turning colour already!

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Im getting a load of birch out of athabasca, i know he has 2 loads there. Also 3 loads of tamarack. 1600 just for timber and trucking is extra. You can estimate about 150-200 an hour. I will post the number to the guy im using. BNe carefull of some of these people cause you can get a mixed load. Some guys try and throw in some poplar. I have seen this timber and it is good. Seasoned 2 years. If you buy fresh wood you will get lees quantity cause you will be buying a bunch of water so the load will be smaller. About 20-25 cords in a truck load of seasoned birch

Top Bottom