Where are all the long-tracked Viper turbos?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I have spent time on a Turbo Nytro and have a riding buddy that rides another Turbo Nytro. Now they are only 190HP but there are things that those sleds will not do as good as a factory 2 stroke, like elevator down a steep embankment, come back up the hill in an off camber situation on a side hill if she gets over center. Down hill zero turns in tight situations. Most importantly when they are stuck they are stuck and not fun to get out.

Now back to my post. I was a potential costumer and came on this thread only to see how the new kits are running. I do not want a Viper but I thought this thread would be a good representation of the craftsmanship of Boost-It products. What I found was a business owner in a pissing match with somebody about two stroke verses four stroke when he actually sells both. Negative comments were made about a riding style that I am passionate about. The Boost-It kit might be the best on the snow but after seeing how he does not treat every comment on a public forum as a potential to make a sale or bring a new customer his way I don't think I want to deal with that business. It might be as simple as getting caught up in trying to push the new Viper products and forgetting about everything else for a little while but I took a bit of offence to it.
Its the risk I run posting on the internet.

I'm a straight shooter and tell it the way I see it. I'm not going to sugar coat anything to hope I sell more stuff. We try to make every kit we sell up to our standards and then support the product like we would like to be taken care of.

If you read something that you took out of context then so be it. I rode over 5000 Kms last season and probably 4000 of them were in the trees. I ride Revy and as you know it's impossible to ride anywhere but the trees most of the time. Maybe we are a bit too excited about these Vipers because it's finally a 4 stroke that handles waaaay different then any other 4 stroke we have ridden.
My kid is about 5,9 and 160 lbs and absolutely loves his Viper. He won't even climb chutes.
i personally have about 25000 Kms seat time on boosted sleds and have never ridden anything like this so ya we think they are pretty cool.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
my last ride out I swapped sleds with a friend...a stock 800 2014 (brand does not matter) I found it boring, handled great but lacked that surge of power I have gotten used to....if the viper handles similar to the 800's and you can have power too....I may consider one in a year or two...

Hey NM, how have the chaincases been holding up for you?
So far so good.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excuse number two!
Has nothing to do with me. Your the one going on about how great your sled is. I'm sure everyone would love to see it in action.
Maybe someone should start a thread asking where the vids are of Fred's Doo climbing anything?

I guess you could just put your viper on a scale...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

WesG

Reaction score
NM let me know when your planning a demo ride if you wouldn't mind. Also you should put a t-pro rmk on the scale as well. I would like to see 174*3*15 tracks with Baker skids on both.

TY,
Wes

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

08nytro

Reaction score
I guess you could just put your viper on a scale...

What is it with everyone and weight. We all know 4 strokes are heavier then 2 strokes. I could care less if my viper weighed more or less then a 1100 with any kind of turbo on it. Even if the viper weighed more then a apex 174 it shouldn't matter. It should only matter the way a sled handles, and if anyone is concerned about lifting them when stuck its pretty easy... Don't get stuck or make friends with strong guys or ride a 2 stroke. Lotta options!!

Sent from my iPad using

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is it with everyone and weight. We all know 4 strokes are heavier then 2 strokes. I could care less if my viper weighed more or less then a 1100 with any kind of turbo on it. Even if the viper weighed more then a apex 174 it shouldn't matter. It should only matter the way a sled handles, and if anyone is concerned about lifting them when stuck its pretty easy... Don't get stuck or make friends with strong guys or ride a 2 stroke. Lotta options!!

Sent from my iPad using

If weight wasn't an issue, companies wouldn't be trying to make sleds lighter... weight is a huge issue, unless of course your just out fer a rip...
And if thats the case, its pretty tough to back up a claim of the sled being the best, or any better then the next. Any sled built in the last 8 years handles just fine with enough power in a foot or two fresh snow.

Thats all. Call the Viper fun. Call it powerful. Call it reliable, but don't call it the best, because it not in many cases.

WesG

Reaction score
My suggestion was because a turbo pro rmk setup the way we do (174 3", bakers skid, turbo system, etc) is going to be alot heavier than a stock 155 pro rmk. I think the difference between the two will be less than expected. Of course freds' whip is significantly lighter with all the extra work done to it so it does not really compare. Also I rode a newer cat 8000 and it did not "feel" much if any heavier than my pro and it is supposedly much heavier. My biggest issue with my t-apex was the slow building power after decompressing the motor. I ran it with stock compression at lower boost for awhile and it was much better to ride, just required alot more octane. I am surprised they are getting 8 lbs on pump....

edit- I am also interested because my pro is on its forth season and will need replacement sometime in the near future and this is one option I am looking into. I prefer to run 4/5 years on a sled.

Last edited:

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here for all the guys that will never ride one anyway:rolleyes:
first one is a stock cat 153 full of fuel a little snow on it
688lbs
next a stock nitro 162 1 gallon of fuel
592lbs

viper 162 no light weight parts 1 gallon
558lbs

- 8lbs from all sleds for straps
so ad 60lbs for fuel & around 30lbs for turbo kit

Attachments

• 8BD51FC4-6E74-425C-A157-E4C669DECAD9.jpg
    8BD51FC4-6E74-425C-A157-E4C669DECAD9.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 01B12809-50E3-4480-9B06-1B8B8F5A2677-1281-000000F57813C48B_zps4afe1b1b.jpg
    01B12809-50E3-4480-9B06-1B8B8F5A2677-1281-000000F57813C48B_zps4afe1b1b.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

08nytro

Reaction score
If weight wasn't an issue, companies wouldn't be trying to make sleds lighter... weight is a huge issue, unless of course your just out fer a rip...
And if thats the case, its pretty tough to back up a claim of the sled being the best, or any better then the next. Any sled built in the last 8 years handles just fine with enough power in a foot or two fresh snow.

Thats all. Call the Viper fun. Call it powerful. Call it reliable, but don't call it the best, because it not in many cases.

Your clearly just on here to stir the pot and contributing nothing on this thread about vipers ,other then the obvious that they are heavy and not the best sled in your opinion . That's all

Sent from my iPad using

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Who is this guy? Who called it the best? It might be my best sled I've ever rode, I never once said it's the best sled. It's a Yami motor in a cat chassis.... I like it and mine is gonna be fast and awesome all year, I'm sure I'll sell it and build something different next year again. So let's end this bull**** posting and keep the thread useful for others... Actually I'll probably start another when I get some better video, thanks to my buddy Fredw this thread went south fast all about the weight of a 4 stroke sled that almost everybody knows the rough weight anyways.... I weighed my truck and sled trailer with 5 sleds in it at 18000lbs.... I didn't come on here and start a useless thread about it being to heavy...I have more important things to take care of.

Are we done?

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blah blah blah is all I have read for the 10 pages .... so I ride an 1100 and it's my first turbo sled and so far I love it and im into for about 20 ... what is the cost of a build one of these vipers ???? And I saw someone said they handle better in the trees are you guys doing anything to the front ends to give it better handling ???

08nytro

Reaction score
Blah blah blah is all I have read for the 10 pages .... so I ride an 1100 and it's my first turbo sled and so far I love it and im into for about 20 ... what is the cost of a build one of these vipers ???? And I saw someone said they handle better in the trees are you guys doing anything to the front ends to give it better handling ???

Better in the trees then a nytro yes. With any luck that post will take it to 11 pages of b.s

Sent from my iPad using

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who is this guy? Who called it the best? It might be my best sled I've ever rode, I never once said it's the best sled. It's a Yami motor in a cat chassis.... I like it and mine is gonna be fast and awesome all year, I'm sure I'll sell it and build something different next year again. So let's end this bull**** posting and keep the thread useful for others... Actually I'll probably start another when I get some better video, thanks to my buddy Fredw this thread went south fast all about the weight of a 4 stroke sled that almost everybody knows the rough weight anyways.... I weighed my truck and sled trailer with 5 sleds in it at 18000lbs.... I didn't come on here and start a useless thread about it being to heavy...I have more important things to take care of.

Are we done?

I was very excited when I seen these in a magazine last year. Even more so when I sat on one at the edmonton show. What suprised me though after sitting on it, was how heavy it still is. I would love to take one for a ride, as im sure they rip. There is now doubt it dances right along in an open meadow. Probly goes up a hill like any 275hp machine should.
I came on the thread to see how guys were making out with them, and if they were happy with having to relive the '90s, buying a trail seld and long tracking it... turns out though no one can say why, other then it's a better climber then it's cat counter part, and handles better then a nytro.

Nice wraps by the way, they do look good.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was very excited when I seen these in a magazine last year. Even more so when I sat on one at the edmonton show. What suprised me though after sitting on it, was how heavy it still is. I would love to take one for a ride, as im sure they rip. There is now doubt it dances right along in an open meadow. Probly goes up a hill like any 275hp machine should.
I came on the thread to see how guys were making out with them, and if they were happy with having to relive the '90s, buying a trail seld and long tracking it... turns out though no one can say why, other then it's a better climber then it's cat counter part, and handles better then a nytro.

What did you expect it to weight? Its just basically the same sled as a 1100cat with a different motor. Its a very specialized market that will want one for sure, but the guys that like em, like em a lot. Wanna be cris burrants from SW sask are probably better off with a Pro,,, Altough I can tell you they wont go any where in the trees with a chit rider, just like every other sled. Can you spot the Pro RMK stuck wayyy down there?? Don't worry I went back down on my heavy&wide freeride to give a ski tug. I ride with every kind of sled you can think of and ride a lot... Rider is more important than any thing else when the going gets tuff...

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok, I will spend some more time with you, normally I don't have patience dealing with you But here we go....
Vipers may be only for Yami fans that want 4 stroke turbo power that handles considerably better than a nytro or apex, so really you answered your own question about why we built these sleds... Is that not a good enough reason to build a new sled? It handles better and has awesome hp?? Oh ya and by the videos I've posted you can clearly see all I ride is open meadows.
I really hope you can understand why I built a 174 viper, I did the same thing with my pro, bought a short track then put a long track on it... Get it? Probably not...lol

Last edited:

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you expect it to weight? Its just basically the same sled as a 1100cat with a different motor. Its a very specialized market that will want one for sure, but the guys that like em, like em a lot. Wanna be cris burrants from SW sask are probably better off with a Pro,,, Altough I can tell you they wont go any where in the trees with a chit rider, just like every other sled. Can you spot the Pro RMK stuck wayyy down there?? Don't worry I went back down on my heavy&wide freeride to give a ski tug. I ride with every kind of sled you can think of and ride a lot... Rider is more important than any thing else when the going gets tuff...[url]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/danthaman_bucket/IMG_0011_zps3e70aa0f.jpg[/URL]

Finally a post that contains some intelligence.... Thanks Dan
See you when it snows

Top Bottom