Where are all the long-tracked Viper turbos?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well into the season now....haven't heard boo about the new Vipers. The Boost-it pre-season build was posted, and Robertson showed their sled show sled but none of the new Vipers. What about MCX, MPI? Performance reviews? Comparisons to Nytros? How is the AC part holding up to the Yammy boosted power?

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On totally Yamaha there is issues with that reverse on some units, the flat landers say the turbos rock....but no mountain guys talking yet....

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not shoot climbing season yet maybe:noidea: Saw Aaron from GSR out on his a Christmas, and a couple in Revy. Not too many around...

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not shoot climbing season yet maybe:noidea: Saw Aaron from GSR out on his a Christmas, and a couple in Revy. Not too many around...

nothing on you-tube really either....chute lol

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was one in the parking lot at Coal Creek in Fernie over the weekend.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my new Viper. There is no comparison between the Viper and my Nytro. The Viper is far superior in the handling department.

Hows it compare to the 1100 cat? Aaron really liked his too:beer:

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Based on my experience so far you better have a LOT of work done to the Cat to have a chance of keeping up.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience so far you better have a LOT of work done to the Cat to have a chance of keeping up.
So how about some deets? What skid and track? Who's turbo? What's it weigh in at? How many miles so far?

Did some searching...yours is a Boost-it with a 174x3 track.

Last edited:

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Racers Edge Skid with Ice Age rails. Never put it on a scale so I don't know exact weight.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Well into the season now....haven't heard boo about the new Vipers. The Boost-it pre-season build was posted, and Robertson showed their sled show sled but none of the new Vipers. What about MCX, MPI? Performance reviews? Comparisons to Nytros? How is the AC part holding up to the Yammy boosted power?
For most, the season doesn't really start until Jan so it's really very early in the season. We are almost finished building our 12th Viper but don't have too many miles on.
There has been a couple unexpected hurdles we had to overcome, but I think we are pretty much good to go now. I will say this though...there is no way anyone would want to ride a Nytro again after riding one of these. I have 300 Kms on my 14 and it is a blast to ride.
rode with a couple Cat 1100 with some EVO mods that were running over 20 lbs boost, and all I can say is they don't look very fast beside a Viper running 8 lbs boost. At least that is with our kit. I can't comment on the others as I have never seen them run.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I have 500k on my MCX 270 with 162. I have posted a few vids to my social site.

A few details.

MCX270 on pump fuel
162 2.5 camo Extreme
AC tunnel Ext,Rails, Bumper
Zbroz 38" front end with their Coil overs
ZBroz rear coil over with KISS coupler.......works very well.
CR Fresh air intake....a must
CR risers....nice touch
Slydogs

As most have said it is pretty cool buggy. I love riding it an usually alternate between my Nypex with 174 very second ride. Its rather "conventional" to a current 800 2 stroke in the chassis and handling dept......but with a ton of power/torque and reliability :)

Heading to my second home tomorrow for the weekend....if your around you are welcome to a demo :)

Cheers
RS

Attachments

• Vipers Boosted 2.jpg
    Vipers Boosted 2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 614

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 500k on my MCX 270 with 162. I have posted a few vids to my social site.

A few details.

MCX270 on pump fuel
162 2.5 camo Extreme
AC tunnel Ext,Rails, Bumper
Zbroz 38" front end with their Coil overs
ZBroz rear coil over with KISS coupler.......works very well.
CR Fresh air intake....a must
CR risers....nice touch
Slydogs

As most have said it is pretty cool buggy. I love riding it an usually alternate between my Nypex with 174 very second ride. Its rather "conventional" to a current 800 2 stroke in the chassis and handling dept......but with a ton of power/torque and reliability :)

Heading to my second home tomorrow for the weekend....if your around you are welcome to a demo :)

Cheers
RS

And how does one view vids on your "Social Site" there Mr S..

MC Xpress

Reaction score
I didn't look after last ride but I am floating right around the 400 mile mark. I came off a 310 MCX nytro that I loved and was set up just the way I wanted it so my viper had huge shoes to fill. I was way off the mark 1st ride and had that sick "what have I done" felling at the end of the day. After changing gearing,clutching, boost pressure, suspension etc lat weekend I finally finished the day happy and certain I had a better, more capable, and faster machine than my nytro for the first time. Being a new model I knew I was in store for a few hurtles as Niel mentioned earlier but was a little frustrating at times but I think the end result is worth it. The chassis is definitely a great fit for this engine. We are sitting right around 75 MCX viper kits sold in Canada thus far and many did go out east. Anyone struggling with set up PM me and I'll share my experiences. No need for everyone to re-invent the wheel solo when others have had similar issues. My sled is a:

270 MCX turbo
Cat 38" front end
float evol front shocks
SLP powder pro skis
Racers Edge skid w ice age rails
174x3"
Skinz running boards
cat vertical steering post
cat vented panels
cold air intake
more expensive stuff I can't recall right now.

cheers!
LL

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna be the next new snomobubble Dave?
After riding that T Nytro for a year, I honestly don't think I would be happy on anything with much less power....an upgraded chassis would be a bonus....so I guess I will answer that, yes, this machine is at the top of my list. Kibbles an I thought about doing it this year, but I have the new digs to worry about (and spend all my fun money) and I think it will make sense to let the bugs get worked out for a year.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After riding that T Nytro for a year, I honestly don't think I would be happy on anything with much less power....an upgraded chassis would be a bonus....so I guess I will answer that, yes, this machine is at the top of my list. Kibbles an I thought about doing it this year, but I have the new digs to worry about (and spend all my fun money) and I think it will make sense to let the bugs get worked out for a year.
good deal....hate to see a respected part of this snowmobile community without a sled for to long.....

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And maybe wait for a few of the required mods to maybe be a factory option in 2015

Top Bottom