Where are all the long-tracked Viper turbos?

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you expect it to weight? Its just basically the same sled as a 1100cat with a different motor. Its a very specialized market that will want one for sure, but the guys that like em, like em a lot. Wanna be cris burrants from SW sask are probably better off with a Pro,,, Altough I can tell you they wont go any where in the trees with a chit rider, just like every other sled. Can you spot the Pro RMK stuck wayyy down there?? Don't worry I went back down on my heavy&wide freeride to give a ski tug. I ride with every kind of sled you can think of and ride a lot... Rider is more important than any thing else when the going gets tuff...[url]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/danthaman_bucket/IMG_0011_zps3e70aa0f.jpg[/URL]

Im guessing you didn't get the part were I've been saying the same thing about the rider...
As for what I expected from the viper... I guess I just expected more. I called it an m1100 from day one with a nytro motor, and was told it wasn't. Guess I was right.

Another epic train wreck for the books.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people just don't get it. I feel alot of us on this conversation have been riding sleds for the last 20 plus years. My first sled was a yamaha snow sport. One of the only sleds I haven't pulled an engine on. There's lots of guys that have had the same sleds on here for the last 10 plus years. Wow are sleds are 450 pounds and make a 150 horse power. Welcome to the 1997 s chassis summit with some mods. Which alot of guys had. Personally I might be driving them again and pulling engines due to lost cranks every 3500 plus km while you cross your fingers hoping they'll make 5000 plus km. For the time being though I'm going to keep thrashing my t nytro and hope when I get to throw a leg over this new viper it will Handle as good as my old skidoo 1000 did.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jason so by the looks you stayed with front factory tunnel and added the CR ext... Stupid Q .. But just have nt been out to check these out... Gawd I can't wait till next year.. To get another heavy 4S as missing mine.

Yes that's right
You will like it

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a newer rider (3rd season) and love my free ride but I never had a chance to try the so called "too heavy" nytro, until the Chris Brown clinic last year when he let me ride his modded rental t-nytro. With the turbo power and narrow front end I found it was easier to handle then my sled. The only time it felt heavy was when I carved too sharp on hard pack and tipped it over. At that point I couldn't upright the thing so I guess I need to spend more time at the gym. So yes i believe a properly built 4s can handle as well or better than a 2s.

Sounds and looks like Neil is building one hell of a machine.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its a great thread. Alot of good info, and all of the hurt feelings are entertaining. I can see the point that both sides have. I think its silly to say that weight doesnt matter at all. Yes the yamahas are heavy, but it sounds like they are working great. I would still like to see them get lighter before I make the jump. I realize they will never weigh the same as a 2 stroke, but the closer they can get the better. For tight tree riding wieght does matter no matter how good of rider. I dont think JPs tree riding video was tree riding. That was a nice meadow with a few trees in it. If we had more big open stuff around here i would be on one of these in a heartbeat. Stock sleds nowadays are pretty awesome, but at a certain point 130hp at elevation just gets boring.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Crap I went away for a few days and it gets good in here. ;)

All I know is there are some pretty cool Vipers on the snow..... in the trees and in the rocks.........aint no pussies aboard those Boost It sleds.

I'll be the first guy to give props to each brand.....they all have strengths and weaknesses. Its your money, buy what you want.

Safe sledding Haters :)

Cheers
RS

Yamaha SRViper Bashing with Drift Camera - YouTube

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have patience dealing with handicaps.Been handicap for 17 years t-5 I'm glad my riding partners aren't arrogant ass holes like you J.P just say .cheers

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just re-read all the posts for fun! .... Why haven't any S&M members sent me any friend requests yet???
I think out of all the bs most people got a good laugh and learnt that vipers are awesome! Lol
Don't let Internet posts ruin your day, I gotta go get ready to ride open meadows and hopefully there's 4 feet of fresh so I can ride my viper.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spent time on a Turbo Nytro and have a riding buddy that rides another Turbo Nytro. Now they are only 190HP but there are things that those sleds will not do as good as a factory 2 stroke, like elevator down a steep embankment, come back up the hill in an off camber situation on a side hill if she gets over center. Down hill zero turns in tight situations. Most importantly when they are stuck they are stuck and not fun to get out.

Now back to my post. I was a potential costumer and came on this thread only to see how the new kits are running. I do not want a Viper but I thought this thread would be a good representation of the craftsmanship of Boost-It products. What I found was a business owner in a pissing match with somebody about two stroke verses four stroke when he actually sells both. Negative comments were made about a riding style that I am passionate about. The Boost-It kit might be the best on the snow but after seeing how he does not treat every comment on a public forum as a potential to make a sale or bring a new customer his way I don't think I want to deal with that business. It might be as simple as getting caught up in trying to push the new Viper products and forgetting about everything else for a little while but I took a bit of offence to it.

the problem is you dont know the hole story here,neil is giving it to fredw is because he has done the same thing every year for i cant remember how long.he comes on these threads asks how these sleds are then trashes them & says his sled is so much better,after awhile you get tired of answering his question only to have him start a bioch fight:confused:if you are interested in a boost it kit call them at the shop & talk with them,i guaranty you wont find better guys to deal with.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem is you dont know the hole story here,neil is giving it to fredw is because he has done the same thing every year for i cant remember how long.he comes on these threads asks how these sleds are then trashes them & says his sled is so much better,after awhile you get tired of answering his question only to have him start a bioch fight:confused:if you are interested in a boost it kit call them at the shop & talk with them,i guaranty you wont find better guys to deal with.

I agree completely....and it's nice that they are canadian

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

sledhead80

Reaction score
I have spent time on a Turbo Nytro and have a riding buddy that rides another Turbo Nytro. Now they are only 190HP but there are things that those sleds will not do as good as a factory 2 stroke, like elevator down a steep embankment, come back up the hill in an off camber situation on a side hill if she gets over center. Down hill zero turns in tight situations. Most importantly when they are stuck they are stuck and not fun to get out.

Now back to my post. I was a potential costumer and came on this thread only to see how the new kits are running. I do not want a Viper but I thought this thread would be a good representation of the craftsmanship of Boost-It products. What I found was a business owner in a pissing match with somebody about two stroke verses four stroke when he actually sells both. Negative comments were made about a riding style that I am passionate about. The Boost-It kit might be the best on the snow but after seeing how he does not treat every comment on a public forum as a potential to make a sale or bring a new customer his way I don't think I want to deal with that business. It might be as simple as getting caught up in trying to push the new Viper products and forgetting about everything else for a little while but I took a bit of offence to it.

Before you make a comment like that I suggest you call boost it and speak with Neil. You're going off of some stuff that is posted in a forum. I think you will change your tune in a hurry. Neil is by far one of the best people to talk to and backs his product up like no other. This is the third turbo kit I've had on a sled and his service and knowledge is by far the best! He doesn't sugar coat stuff and tells you the way it is, I like that, nothing worse than someone blowing smoke up your a$$. Take it for what its worth but call him and talk to him before you assume something about someone you've never even talked too!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like hell... I came on here asking for a weight... That simple.... Drama all started after that... because many of us have pulled on apex skis, and nitro skis..... It's work plan and simple, I have a nitro in the shed that does not get used and cost a pretty penny

now there's the viper and it sure would be nice to see a true weight for the public of the end all be all sled, that simple..

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like hell... I came on here asking for a weight... That simple.... Drama all started after that... because many of us have pulled on apex skis, and nitro skis..... It's work plan and simple, I have a nitro in the shed that does not get used and cost a pretty penny

now there's the viper and it sure would be nice to see a true weight for the public of the end all be all sled, that simple..

understand iam not picking on yah fredw just telling it like it is,you have to admit you have done this many times befor & then trashed yammi,thus the backlash you get,its just the internet, you are probably a great guy in person & like to stir the $hit.:beerchug: if you are really interested in what the viper is like take neil up on his offer,i guaranty he is serious & will let you ride the sled. both neil & jp are great guy & fun to ride with & its usually a laugh a minute with the hole boost it crew:party2:

Drifter1

Reaction score
Couple of questions for the guys that have Vipers. What's the most HP you can run on pump gas plain old 91? Could you get 800 beating power with out a turbo? How much more front heavy are they then a pro? Will they side hill with a pro? Can you get rid of the radiator? Coming off a stock Polaris ppro do you think a person would be happy on one of these if all a Person does is ride trees? I am going to get a chance on Sunday to try one and will most likely answer most of these questions
my self but would still like to get some opinions. Thanks!

Last edited:

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
I will pick fredw up on my way thru med hat to revy in 2 weeks for this epic throw down! Gonna bring my lawn chair and a big bag of theatre popcorn and sit at the top of the bullpen and watch. :) and piston contracting lets get that Pro in the shop for some Boost-it lovin! You will have your lightweight Pro ripping and climbing anything you will want to climb. :) if we run into you in fernie this weekend you can try my TSS M8, will also have a TSS XM in the group, a T-Nytro, and one of my guys is coming up with his boost-it pro we built so maybe he will let ya throw a leg over it. - Cody

Top Bottom