Where are all the long-tracked Viper turbos?

08nytro

Reaction score
Couple of questions for the guys that have Vipers. What's the most HP you can run on pump gas plain old 91? Could you get 800 beating power with out a turbo? How much more front heavy are they then a pro? Will they side hill with a pro? Can you get rid of the radiator? Coming off a stock Polaris ppro do you think a person would be happy on one of these if all a Person does is ride trees? I am going to get a chance on Sunday to try one and will most likely answer most of these questions
my self but would still like to get some opinions. Thanks!

Are you actually asking if a stock viper could beat a 800 2 stroke? What would your reasoning be to delete the radiator lol

Sent from my iPad using

Drifter1

Reaction score
Are you actually asking if a stock viper could beat a 800 2 stroke? What would your reasoning be to delete the radiator lol

Sent from my iPad using

I realize that a stock viper isn't going to run with a 800 but with high compression head cam's tunning etc Would it be possible? Reason's for getting rid of the radiator are I don't ride in sask on the trail nice to get ride of any extra whieght over the front end possibility of smashing it etc bigger u-cooler would be better.

08nytro

Reaction score
Does that setup look like I ride sask trails?

Attachments

• 2014-01-31 10.32.15.jpg
    2014-01-31 10.32.15.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 360

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just down at ten lakes in Montana, and three feet of new for and viper riders that want to come for the weekend

heavier tree riding with some great pulls

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just down at ten lakes in Montana, and three feet of new for and viper riders that want to come for the weekend

Snowtel only says 3 inches. Confirm?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That explains it haha. Did you want to answer any of my questions?
With compression, cams, exhaust, you can get the Nytro motor (Viper motor) to 150+ HP, but you would still pay a huge weight penalty over the 800 2 stroke. For the cost of said cams, compression, exhaust, you can do a turbo system.

08nytro

Reaction score
That explains it haha. Did you want to answer any of my questions?

To be honest I think you would be going through lots of hassle as far as motor work for very little gain. Nothing makes power and torque like a turbo 4 stroke, they are not for everyone as you can read in this thread ha ha. As far as the rad in front I want it up there to cool my water to air intercooler and hold the front down .

Sent from my iPad using

Last edited:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the Viper has the same motor as the Nitro correct? What about an Apex motor in a viper? Dumb idea? Pointless? Or just not done yet?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that someone has tried to build one. It either will not fit or was way too many man hours to build. I heard that the Viper will keep up with Nypex anyway.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

3feet fresh really? Any pics? Hate to drive down and find 3inches....

Reactions: NM

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any new videos on these vipers? Also very interested in trying one of these compared to the turbo pro any ideas if your gonna be able to do a demo day NM?

Top Bottom