What's new for 2015

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my new one in the garage and I had thought about waiting but decided to have a great season with a new sled.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like this guys projections were all wrong this year and he is a bit pissy. Nothing boring about a 2013- 2014 summit xm.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guys a whiney idiot. In 2013 the manufacturers really pushed the envelope with some new technology and most of it worked pretty well so for 2014 they refined it. I don't know about you guys but I would like to see a manufacturer perfect some technology before lumping on more and being their R&D tester.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:Geez-Havent you guys heard. Polaris is coming out with a factory installed turbo in their mountain sleds. Comes with a 4 year warranty and all for $17000!:whoo:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i stopped reading here, there is NOTHING significant about the viper in any way shape or form. sure its a cool new lineup. thats it.

" although we think that Yamaha’s Viper is one of the most significant sleds of virtually any year since we’ve been writing about the snowmobile business,"

I never read the article but now that I know they said that there's no need to!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im riding my m7 for this year then guna try and dump it around late dec/jan. Lookin to buy a new one next year im leaning towards the xm but if something just f**kin radical comes out i would be all over it. Who knows if i could find a used turbo xm or pro for a good price i may go with that to. A factory (2stroke) turbo sled with warrenty would rock i just cant see it yet tho.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My other thought for holding off to buy a new one is... just in case the RnD department missed ironing out a couple glitches or... it will be old technology in one year.
Or... maybe I am just bored and miserable because it has not snowed 3' yet and I am over thinking it.
Thanks fer yer thoughts.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
possibly one of the lamest articles I've ever read. Snowmobile technology has come light years forward in the last 10 years! Imagine riding an XM or even a Pro in 2004. I remember when I bought my '04 Rev I literally thought "This is it, how could they ever make a snowmobile better than this!" But yet, here we are....
Sounds like some Yam/Cat propaganda.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He thinks the 2014 are boring because there is not a lot to write about them.
We don't need the Manufactures to build something new for the sake of building something
like they did in 2005-2010.
They have some nice products now just give them time to refine it.

Last edited:

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manufacturers, could make a sled to make everyone happy. Just head to your local dealer, pick out chassis, engine, track, and color in the spring. Then plunk your $30-50k on the counter! Cant make every rider happy unless it is a one off for each person, even then it is a crap shoot!

Top Bottom