What would you rather have?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to say.....ugly if it works good

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An ugly sled that performs or a hot looking sled that cant?

Are you talking about the new 174 x 3 XM, or the new Viper MTX (get rid of that wind screen and it's a hot looking sled that performs)? We know you can't still be talking about your rainbow monstrosity.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one nice thing about older iron is how easy they are to work on.....I kida miss carbs

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one nice thing about older iron is how easy they are to work on.....I kida miss carbs

I disagree, I would much rather work on my Pro than the old wedge chassis, everything is built to be moved out of the way to get at what's underneath. Just takes a different approach is all.

BTW your not helping LHF's phobia of new technology.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree, I would much rather work on my Pro than the old wedge chassis, everything is built to be moved out of the way to get at what's underneath. Just takes a different approach is all.

no don't get me wrong, the new stuff if fun....but there was a lot of satifaction in getting an old mod sled dialed....

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Really? I could have my engine on the bench faster than you could have your injector rack out.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the key was...mild porting and lots of compression....race porting sucks to keep dialed

I like stock motor and boost, much easier to find parts for if the motor pops, but to each their own. I just like the broader powerband stock porting achieves combined with the insane pull of a turbo.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I could have my engine on the bench faster than you could have your injector rack out.

I've yet to have a reason to pull the injector rack or engine for that matter so couldn't tell you, I guess that's the difference between a stock and mod motor, even if it takes twice as long to pull the motor and if I only pull it 1/3 as often...

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like stock motor and boost, much easier to find parts for if the motor pops, but to each their own. I just like the broader powerband stock porting achieves combined with the insane pull of a turbo.

I find stockers so underpowered now....I am turbo spoiled also

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've yet to have a reason to pull the injector rack or engine for that matter so couldn't tell you, I guess that's the difference between a stock and mod motor, even if it takes twice as long to pull the motor and if I only pull it 1/3 as often...

Ya I guess your right. A Polaris motor never has to come out. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Top Bottom