What works best?

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2007 Kawasaki Brute force 650i, its a great quad so far, how can I make it even better? I've put on mud lites so far, what's the next mod I should consider?

Thanks all.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mostly trail/hill ride with a little mudding when I can find it. I was looking at a Dynatek FS Ignition, it sells for $180, is it worth it?

Thanks for any help.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a Moose-racing chip in my KVF 700 and it really woke it up on the bottom end. $130 through royal distributing.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mostly trail/hill ride with a little mudding when I can find it. I was looking at a Dynatek FS Ignition, it sells for $180, is it worth it?

Thanks for any help.

I have one on my 750 seems to work but I put it on the same time as my 27" tires. It seem to have the same power now as when I had the stock tires. It depends on what you want the dyna(CDI box) gives you more total timing advance, removes bottom end timing retard, removes belt light, and removes reverse limiter or there is a moose module(Plug n play) which I understand just removes bottom end timing retard. One thing about the moose is that you can unplug it and still have it stock where as the dyna you have to keep the stock cdi with you to change. The moose is about half the price

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of riding do you do? you could put a new pipe on it

I haven't tried it yet but there is a muffler mod to the stock exhaust that I am told will make just as much power as any aftermarket pipe out there.
If you want more info send me a pm.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I got a Dynatek cdi coming off ebay for $210 with the shipping as well as a K&N air filter. We'll see what she will do with them. :D

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but there is a muffler mod to the stock exhaust that I am told will make just as much power as any aftermarket pipe out there.
If you want more info send me a pm.

I tried the muffler mod I had heard about and I really can't tell if it did anything. My next mod well be a clutch kit.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to do just springs when I get around to ordering some looks like about $20 bucks a spring!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the CDI's work well on kawi's alot better than on most bikes. mostly because they are detuned from factory alot more or so i am told.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pink primary and a almond secondary from epi have to wait to see how much of a difference it well make.

jester

Reaction score
not sure, havent really tried my theroy but the wieghts are what makes the most diffrence, but meh, could be wrong, i went with the whole kit and i'm pretty happy with how it brought the snort back on the bottom end.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got just the springs but I won't be able to tell you how they work for a week or to because of work.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 650 Kawi I put 26" mud lights on it and i Just picked up the Dynatek cdi. Sure hope it is worth the money.
The one for 650i seems to work from one post I read on here.

poppajon

Reaction score
Hey Sasksummit, hows the 99x treating you, slamnek tells me your son rode the bag off it last season!

Top Bottom