What safety gear do you use while riding

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My previous post was Quadding gear, and when Sledding I have a 30L ABS pack, which I carry my shovel with me, peeps probe, extra sweater, socks, gloves, water, first aid, gps with radio, saw, helmet and goggles, and I wear a Klim tek vest. I perfer the shovel in the pack rather than mounting on the sled because it doesn't do you any good if your in an avy and you lost your sled but you survived with your abs but your buds may be buried, I think your in a worse situation with no shovel.:twocents:

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I always wear a helmet, doesn't matter what I am throwing my leg over if it moves has 2-4 wheels or 4 legs then on goes my helmet.

After breaking both of my collarbones last year. I went out and got a new chest protector. Now I always ride with chest protector, riding boots, riding pants, jersey, goggles, gloves and helmet.

My son has everything but riding pants, and jersey.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you are riding sleds or atv's what would you recommend in safety gear for new riders. Are ball caps, short pants, sandals, running shoes, t-shirts, 15 pack of beer, reefer, all good to go?

Have seen all the above and worse yet, anyone with a few suggestions?

Huhhhh who would only bring 15 Beers duh....:D:beer::beer:
my problem is I always seem to carry too much gear but ya never know when you will need it, better safe than sorry I guess

you guys mentioned lots of important things but one of the most important safety items is a BIG BOX of COMMON SENSE!!! that will probably save your life before anything else...:cool:
:twocents::twocents:

Top Bottom