What safety gear do you use while riding

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you are riding sleds or atv's what would you recommend in safety gear for new riders. Are ball caps, short pants, sandals, running shoes, t-shirts, 15 pack of beer, reefer, all good to go?

Have seen all the above and worse yet, anyone with a few suggestions?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always wear a helmet, along with long sleeves and pants. Eyes are covered by either sun or safety glasses. Things that I carry in my box is first aid kit, duct tape, rope, knife, just to list a few articles. One thing that I have now been carring is a 2lbs fire extingusher, you never know. We have had the exhaust on two quads in the last couple years ignite muskeg on the muffler. If you smoke, use common sense don't flick your butts in the bush or grass. Leave the left handed cigarettes and booze at camp / or home where it belongs., and always let someone know where you are and when you are going to be back.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helmet and eye protection is a must, no questions asked. At a minimum I wear Jeans, boots, Longs sleeve shirt, gloves, helmet, goggles and gloves. My son wears the same. I am thinking I am going to get him a chest protector after seeing him roll his quad last time we went out.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good call on the fire extinguisher, tabneil A+, never thought of that, as a fire can easily happen while riding and water is never close by.

Couleeman, A+ , glad to see you step up, keep your kids safe, as crap happens real fast when you least expect it and crying is to late. Cost is definitely high for kids equip but well worth it in a roll over or such.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good call on the fire extinguisher, tabneil A+, never thought of that, as a fire can easily happen while riding and water is never close by.

Couleeman, A+ , glad to see you step up, keep your kids safe, as crap happens real fast when you least expect it and crying is to late. Cost is definitely high for kids equip but well worth it in a roll over or such.

Yep, cheaper to buy the right gear than pay for a funeral....

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Skid lid, safety glasses, gloves, long pants, long sleves jersey, work boots when dry, steel toed rubber boots in the mud. I always go for the long sleeves cause branches causes owees ;)

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When quadding usually coveralls, boots lid, glasses and gloves. Dirtbike...full MX gear head to toe. A chest protector i think is a must when riding bikes. Mine has kept me out of the hospital more than once.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. Helmet
2. Eye Protection
3. Gloves
4. Riding Boots (Protect The Shinz)

I think that should be the MINIMUM...

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
all i wear is a mankini and a helmet. most dont remember the helmet but they will never forget the kini. lol. oh and a little bit more info for the visual. i am a 30 something, balding, pudgey white male with lots of body hair.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice......... I'm scared now. Thanks for the visual Plumbum........ Well at least your wearing a kini and not a Bannana Hammock, There is so much more fabric in a mankini. That way you are not revealling to much. Its so much more mysterious..........:eek: Bahahahahaah

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run!!!!!!!! Everyman for himself, my eyes , can't see, oh this is bad.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
all i wear is a mankini and a helmet. most dont remember the helmet but they will never forget the kini. lol. oh and a little bit more info for the visual. i am a 30 something, balding, pudgey white male with lots of body hair.

You coming camping in July??Mite have to bring blindfolds for the kids LOL:bandance:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
the look on the consevation guys face would be unreal. oh to have a camara.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camera's not likely to work with such a frightening sight

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
lmao. you guys kill me. i should actually do it once out at bruderhiem just to see the look on the rcmp's face. betcha i could almost do anything and not get a ticket.lol. he would be afraid to pull me over.

but seriously since i got my sporty, i now wear, riding boots, skid lid, gloves, riding pants, goggles, jersey, and chest protector.all FOX. this is when on the 700xx.

on the rubicon, i wear waterproof bib coveralls, rubber boots, gloves, skid lid, goggles and temp appropriate wear.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After having my quad making a criss cross across my back and leaving a nice bruise,After a year wait to get one,[ girls are different than boys, we have bumps in ours, LOL] now I wear a chest protector which protects the back also....hummm dunno if it would help too much when 600 lbs comes hurling down on ya, but at least its there. Other wise, I always,...Ever since I have started riding,, wore Riding boots, riding pants, summer and winter and actual riding coat, I dont care if its hot out still wear all the proper gear. Good helmet [mohawlk style] and goggles, glasses and gloves. It only makes sense. It costs about 800 to 1000 to be suited properly.. but it is worth it. I know when I get suited for the sled season it will be more. but like I say....its worth it. ...avalanche pack is 1000.00 alone:eek: Happy riding:bike::bike::bike::bike:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DL is the type of mohawk helmet you have..LOL..duct tape six pack special

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter what motorized sport it is i always were all the safety gear.. I've had a chest protector save me more than once.. Riding dirtbike when a rock that got chuked at a buddy from my tire hit him in the chest and tore open his jacket he decided it would be a good thing to get.. I've also been knocked clean off my bike before when i took a grouse to thje chest, with chest protector on it wasn't bad except for not being on my bike anymore...LOL.. But yah there is no exception for me, I cant put a price on my life..

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just dirt bikers in our regular group, everybody has riding boots,pants,gloves,goggles,some chest protectors and of course a helmet. Only Andrew has the Six Pack Special helmet from a few posts back. Can't see riding without the gear, nver know when trees will jump out in front of you and it happens a lot....they're sneaky buggers!!!!! :D

Top Bottom