Stuck on weight are you

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"the wife geared up with sled, rolls on snow just under 700lbs."

Sure hope she doesn't read this. Think about it and maybe do the math again.

680lbs discounting any snow on the sled and her water bottle lol

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She carries her avy pack with basic avy gear and a water bottle, thats about it. Yes thats mainly why, in the long run it makes a difference of us riding 4hrs or 6hrs...just saying. When we go out i like to ride as long as we can and it sucks when i have to call it a day cause shes too tired to ride on. We found this works for her.

So what happens when you fawk off up a big azz hill on your uberturbo and fawk up and possibly can't come back or get hurt? You got all the sctuff.

Not everybody is 6'2" and ex-military, in shape skiier, S&R trained, ex-Skidoo tester racer bigshot guy(I'm 6'3" and 255lbs of overweight semi-alcoholic pipeliner from hell and don't care about weight). Thats when weight starts to matter! When you're tired. When you're hungover. When you suck. When you're learning. True story dude.

Ps: still your turn to buy supper

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good here bud I'm 5'7" about 210 geared up I ride turbos not to climb but to play in deep pow. But when I aim my apex up hills guys have to side hill I pretty much can blow over the top. If I do have to side hill it I prefer it to be in deep snow otherwise it is a beast to handle. The viper handle easier on the sidehill.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm all brands get stuck - some easier to get out than others - Im thinking if u aint getting stuck from time to time ur not trying and if ur not getting stuck - your usually sitting on the sidelines watching other peps that are !

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Umm all brands get stuck - some easier to get out than others - Im thinking if u aint getting stuck from time to time ur not trying and if ur not getting stuck - your usually sitting on the sidelines watching other peps that are !
Well then. I must be trying REALLY hard. 😉

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what happens when you fawk off up a big azz hill on your uberturbo and fawk up and possibly can't come back or get hurt? You got all the sctuff.

Ps: still your turn to buy supper

If i did what you suggested above, the last thing i want to do is come back and deal with the wrath of KB. But poop happens and it better not be my stupidity or i won't be here posting anymore...cause she kill me first.

Generally if i do have to check out a spot that could be dicey(very rare BTW) i would drop off the gear. Tunnel pack, extra fuel can ect. and leave it with her.
We have 2way communication.
But reality is, we are together all day and if she can't go, i dont go.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i did what you suggested above, the last thing i want to do is come back and deal with the wrath of KB. But poop happens and it better not be my stupidity or i won't be here posting anymore...cause she kill me first.

Generally if i do have to check out a spot that could be dicey(very rare BTW) i would drop off the gear. Tunnel pack, extra fuel can ect. and leave it with her.
We have 2way communication.
But reality is, we are together all day and if she can't go, i dont go.

Why don't you two trade sleds for the season Mr.Nosenseofhumour?

Personally though, I could only care less what any of you, or all of the members here doo or think of what I doo. I'm quite happy with my crappy outfit or I would make a change. Happy Thanksgiving, have some turkey for me, I'm drillin sh!t.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh boy these are productive and contributing posts to this thread. You either have a dislike or even a hate for Lund or Yamaha or both.
Please stay on topic, thx.
BTW, if your having a hard time with that, let me help. Its not about Yamaha's or Lund. LOL

Internet hurt your feelings today?

I don't care about weight. I ride what's best for me. I carry what I need. It's nice to reduce unneeded weight as long as it comes at a reasonable cost but I am not running out to buy titanium bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone can notice 5 or 10lbs, but I do notice when a sled gets into the low 400s. Way more fun to ride and easier to get unstuck. Im a fairly big guy (6'4 240lbs) and I will take the lighter sled any day of the week.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone can notice 5 or 10lbs, but I do notice when a sled gets into the low 400s. Way more fun to ride and easier to get unstuck. Im a fairly big guy (6'4 240lbs) and I will take the lighter sled any day of the week.

Very true about 5-10lbs difference. Also the ergonomic and geometries in design will hide alot of the weight. So can the ability to shed snow during the day, a sled can easily add additional weight because of poor design. The lightest sled can actually become the heaviest sled if it doesn't shed snow efficiently.
Do you run a turbo? At your size you find the stocker's enough?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very true about 5-10lbs difference. Also the ergonomic and geometries in design will hide alot of the weight. So can the ability to shed snow during the day, a sled can easily add additional weight because of poor design. The lightest sled can actually become the heaviest sled if it doesn't shed snow efficiently.
Do you run a turbo? At your size you find the stocker's enough?

I had a turbo xm last year. Sold it and bought a 2016 T3 154 knocked close to 30lbs off of it and had WAY more fun. Dont get me wrong, the turbos are an absolute blast....but for our riding areas and my riding style I would take the lightened T3 any day. I noticed a huge weight difference between the two sled. If I were in your area though with more open area I would consider a turboed yammi. Just alot of super tight steep tree riding around here. And for jumping I find you really notice any extra weight as well.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know Lund but a Yamaha stuck in the ditch takes 5 guys to get it out...everything feels lighter than that.

Fact is no i'm not sore about it, but i like the way this story is constantly related, "yamaha stuck in ditch", talk about bashing. It would be nice to have the "REST OF THE STORY" and the facts down. Admit it, its an attitude some have.
Yes i get stuck, 95% of the time i get my self out on my own. I guess you never get stuck eh, my memory doesn't really recall that but i'm old and could have the beginning of alzheimers.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a turbo xm last year. Sold it and bought a 2016 T3 154 knocked close to 30lbs off of it and had WAY more fun. Dont get me wrong, the turbos are an absolute blast....but for our riding areas and my riding style I would take the lightened T3 any day. I noticed a huge weight difference between the two sled. If I were in your area though with more open area I would consider a turboed yammi. Just alot of super tight steep tree riding around here. And for jumping I find you really notice any extra weight as well.

I.C.
Ya we have lots of tree areas but my partner doesn't go there and so yes we spend our time in the more open areas. For the few rides i get in with the guys, which is alot less then most, pretty much most of my riding is with the wife.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fact is no i'm not sore about it, but i like the way this story is constantly related, "yamaha stuck in ditch", talk about bashing. It would be nice to have the "REST OF THE STORY" and the facts down. Admit it, its an attitude some have.
Yes i get stuck, 95% of the time i get my self out on my own. I guess you never get stuck eh, my memory doesn't really recall that but i'm old and could have the beginning of alzheimers.

I'd say sorry for poking some fun but....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consider track length too, a stock 800 turning a 174 3 inch is kinda weak. 154 is the way to go on a stock engine IMO

A 174 skid will hold more snow too, and when you do get stuck you are buried to china.

Top Bottom