What kind of helmet camera?

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I have the ControurHD from Vholdr, and I've used it on two rides now. For a self contained unit that can record up to 8 hours in HD (on a 16GB MicroSD), it's hands down one of the best out there! I've gotten some killer video from it and the sound will pick up normal conversations as well.. Wind noise is still there at high speeds, but with the roar from the motor it really doesn't matter.. I mostly wanted it for the stuck and mud shots anyway.

I ordered mine from Point of view cameras, which has a Canadian website. I'm still waiting on my accessories, and I have to send them a few emails to get my camera on time (I think they forgot about my order), but otherwise the price was right.

Can you get me the exact web address, thank you. I did a lot of research and this is the best one out there, if you have the money.I like the first twenty20 camera, which makes VholdR.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can you get me the exact web address, thank you. I did a lot of research and this is the best one out there, if you have the money.I like the first twenty20 camera, which makes VholdR.

If you can cover the mic with electrical tape That is what I did with my first one and it helped a lot with wind noise, and it still picked up conversation. The mic is very sensitive.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sweigh, what did you pay for it?

Rubirose...can you post what you find out when you call today? What$$$ and availability.
Gettin' the same camera here shortly. Seems like a good one.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hey Sweigh, what did you pay for it?

Rubirose...can you post what you find out when you call today? What$$$ and availability.
Gettin' the same camera here shortly. Seems like a good one.

Well I have had no luck so far in finding this camera locally. I have phoned various Cycle works(dont sell it), Riverside(don't sell it), The shop in Whitecourt sells it BUT will not get there order until near the end of July(about $400).
Just placed an order for the VholdR camera from www.pointofviewcameras.ca . It will not be shipped until near the end of July. I guess these cameras are in such high demand that they can't make them fast enough.

Rufus777

Reaction score
If I were looking for a helmetcam, I would look at the quality of the videos that were made with it, just take a look at some of the videos, there is a big difference in the stability and picture resolution from one to another, if you get the wrong one, no one will want to spend much time watching your video, to jiggly or not a good picture. Just saying I have been making these videos for about 4 years now and I don't see many amateurs turning out as good as mine, it's all in the system, I just turn it on and ride!

[media]http://vimeo.com/4467210[/media]

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Motocomm camera do you have? They show the DSR1003G on website. I have veiwed all your vids (along with alot of others) and you do a good job shooting and with stability for sure. I'm a little concerned about the color and the resolution- only a 320X240 resolution which isn't high enough for DVDs. Not alot of contast, you lose details of the guys around you as soon as they're a little ways away. The camera seems to sit up quite a bit on your head...I think with our riding we'd rip the camera right off our helmets, our shovel handles get in the way and they're more out of the way than the camera would be.
Would also like HD capability as we have it with our camcorder.

mattmedic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a clip from last year.... 3000' in about a minute, and same time to come down....[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuOoFHYsCzU[/media]

Rufus777

Reaction score
What Motocomm camera do you have? They show the DSR1003G on website. I have veiwed all your vids (along with alot of others) and you do a good job shooting and with stability for sure. I'm a little concerned about the color and the resolution- only a 320X240 resolution which isn't high enough for DVDs. Not alot of contast, you lose details of the guys around you as soon as they're a little ways away. The camera seems to sit up quite a bit on your head...I think with our riding we'd rip the camera right off our helmets, our shovel handles get in the way and they're more out of the way than the camera would be.
Would also like HD capability as we have it with our camcorder.

I use the 1003g, some of the videos on my site were shot with a DSR 100, I noticed a big difference right away, better contrast and a better overall picture, as for toughness, it's very tough, I beat the hell out my sled last year and my camera never let me down! I make DVDS with it, they look a lot better than the video you see on the internet, the camera is on top of my helmet, it has stayed there for about 4 years, like I never crashed or went through the trees!! It's pretty tough to stand up to what I've done to it, most of the good wipe outs have happened when the camera wasn't on! I'm keeping it turned on more while we are riding, I have to edit out the boring stuff, but sometimes you catch some cool things that you aren't expecting!

Rufus777

Reaction score
here is a clip from last year.... 3000' in about a minute, and same time to come down....[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuOoFHYsCzU[/media]

That camera looks pretty good, the light wasn't very good that day but it still had lots of colour and contrast, what kind is it?

mattmedic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That camera looks pretty good, the light wasn't very good that day but it still had lots of colour and contrast, what kind is it?
ya it was one of those socked in days big flakes sticking to the goggles, im happy with it so far, the cam is a go pro wide angle.used it lots , had good success so far, but aq bit hard on batteries, invest in rechargable, found they work as well as the lith. that they recommend... hope that helps.

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my gopro hero helmet cam takes 5min videos and then shuts off. does anyone know if this is normal? do you just have to turn it on right before you want 5min of action?

Top Bottom