AVI to MP4

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Needing some help and/or advice regarding the title.
New dash camera is recorded in AVI and I can’t view it on my computer. It needs an App for conversion to MP4.
What is recommended from the S&M wizards?

StuckDownHill

Reaction score
I would install VLC media player. It’s free and will play most video formats without issue. I have tried to find conversion software before and end up with a lot of adware. Maybe hang tight and see what others recommend first as I am not the most tech savy person but this should work for you.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I would install VLC media player. It’s free and will play most video formats without issue. I have tried to find conversion software before and end up with a lot of adware. Maybe hang tight and see what others recommend first as I am not the most tech savy person but this should work for you.
Thanks.
Yes, the adware and other BS stuff is the reason I posted this. I am not tech savvy and for these types of things it is good to get various opinions.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you purchase the camera?
Maybe they can help or point you in the right direction..?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you google avi to mp4 there is a million apps for free online that take like 10 seconds to covert your file..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If you google avi to mp4 there is a million apps for free online that take like 10 seconds to covert your file..
Yes, but I was looking for some “real time” comments from users of apps. Not that I don’t appreciate your comment.
I looked at a lot of them already on YouTube and decided not to be in a rush and download a piece of crap.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but I was looking for some “real time” comments from users of apps. Not that I don’t appreciate your comment.
I looked at a lot of them already on YouTube and decided not to be in a rush and download a piece of crap.

You dont need to down load them. You can use them online. But do what ever you figure...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t they come as Apps?
Remember, I am as old as dirt and not very tech savvy.

No like I said. Google "AVI to MP4 online free" then the will be a square or something that will say select file.

Pic the file you want to convert, a few seconds later your file will be converted. You down load that and you have the file.

No need to download the app.

here try this one

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use handbrake ...converts to most formats ...easy to use

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
or this one.

Tried the two you suggested. They are very slow to download and fart around and seem to stop playing in a short period of time. Is that because of the 1 GB limit?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried the two you suggested. They are very slow to download and fart around and seem to stop playing in a short period of time. Is that because of the 1 GB limit?

Maybe how big of file are you trying to convert?

I tried and took a few seconds

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My “Finder” tells me 524.3 MB. All the .mov are the same MB for whatever reason and all the jpeg images are 729 Kb

Should work, but maybe its a Mac thing. Im PC, so maybe thats why.

Im out of bright ideas, but im sure one of the mac guys can get you pointed in the right direction.

🍻

Top Bottom