What do I do?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what the "boy" is right Just ask for your stuff back. Than when he says "no", cause he obviously wont even pay the bill. Than you can "threat" him with telling you mommy. :mad::rolleyes: He isn't giving parts back. nobody would. The guy would need to pay somebody else to take everything apart. and would most likely dent, ding, scratch(wreck) whatever was taken off.

I would continue to try and help him out and fix his clutch, than get payment before you start.

:rolleyes: Oh jeez... Here we go... Another know-it-all is here to tell me my advice is worthless, and then has to go about making fun of my username... Real mature.

I believe you owe me an apology, that was most unkind on your part, not to mention uncalled for.

I never intended this to be a $hit kicking match, but you feel you have a point to prove, good day to you Sir!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an old X neighbor/riding buddy/friend ask me to pick up parts and help him snorkel his Renegade. Well picked up 120$ worth of parts ,built the kit put it on and never did get paid for the parts.....So lesson learned. It`s not the money either it`s the people you think you know,you really don`t....lol
The kicker was when he tells every one how easy it is to snork a gade...lol

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Quad do you think you might be a little too sensitive? Unless there is a history I am not aware of. I thought he was just using a shortened version of your name. JMHO. Not taking sides here. Can't we all just get along? except for the douche bag who won't pay his bill! :d

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
1.)I think I would put the pressure on the friend who started it all. He is the one who brought you into it.

2.)If he can't get it settled make sure you post his full name on every website, door, shop, power poll, car, everything and tell the reason his name is up there and when he comes to your house to tell you what a "dick your being about it" knock him the f out.

3.)Or talk to a lawyer I think some will give free advice, and even a strongly worded letter from a lawyer will sway even the most iggnorant people.

4.) Could also poor some sugar in would make me feel a whole lot better.

My thoughts in order

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a real stupid thing, fixed a freind of a freind's quad. The long story short. Grizzly 700 needed a timing chain, they started the job, but buddy got sick and they decided it was too big of a job anyways. So they asked me if I was interested in doing the job and I told them no problem, get parts together and I'd do it. Well after it was opened up needed piston, valves, and new rod/crank assembly. Got the parts together and reassembled, and running and delivered to him. Told him when I dropped it off that wet clutch was about done but might be good for the summer and might not be. This was on Friday and was going to pay me Sunday afternoon. So no word from him on Sunday so texted him Sunday evening asking him if every thing worked ok. He told me it ran good but the clutch was noisy, so I told him I was thinking it might not be ok but took a chance to save him a g for a month or two till he got money to replace it. I then told him I'd install the new parts for no charge and he told me he wasn't paying me for anything. So here I'm out $400 in parts and time and he won't answer my texts or calls, I want to make it right but won't give me the chance. The time I can eat but parts are hard to pay for when it ain't yours. Any "legal" avenues I can take?

PM me and I will go with you.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you let the quad out of your shop without getting paid you are hooped. you threaten him in any way you are in trouble, you post his name or what you think he did, you can be in a heap of trouble, these guys play the game, seem to remember about an episode with some batteries a little while ago. small claims court may be your only recourse. talk to a lawyer, or a auto shop.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an old X neighbor/riding buddy/friend ask me to pick up parts and help him snorkel his Renegade. Well picked up 120$ worth of parts ,built the kit put it on and never did get paid for the parts.....So lesson learned. It`s not the money either it`s the people you think you know,you really don`t....lol
The kicker was when he tells every one how easy it is to snork a gade...lol

I'd grab him by the back of the neck and hold his head over the toilet. Tell him to pay you back or he will need a snorkel kit installed on his face.................................................................................................................................if you know what I mean?;);)

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Quad do you think you might be a little too sensitive? Unless there is a history I am not aware of. I thought he was just using a shortened version of your name. JMHO. Not taking sides here. Can't we all just get along? except for the douche bag who won't pay his bill! :d

Used this username on several forums ranging from theatvchannel, ATVRiders and Highlifter, which I still frequent, and generally when anyone wants to start a pissing match with me thats the first thing they call me out on. Friends of mine on other forums usually use QB55 or something similar.

Almost every time someones called my username by "boy" they never had anything good to say about me in that post. I guess thats why I'm edgy about it. Also seems as though his post was directed on me in a degrading fashion, but thats just me.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything is all good. He paid in full. But lesson learned for me, almost an expensive one but wont soon forget.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd grab him by the back of the neck and hold his head over the toilet. Tell him to pay you back or he will need a snorkel kit installed on his face.................................................................................................................................if you know what I mean?;);)

Hahaha that was a good one. Good to see everything worked out for you. It's too bad people like this can turn helpful people off from helping. He should be happy you are helping and saving him 85$ - 110$ per hour.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should we ask what did you do? Or for culpable denieability you can't tell us? Good on you that you got it settled. It irks me that a guy like you went out of your way to fix a guys ride and then get a shaft where it really doesn't belong. Hope you don't stop helping people because of this jacka$$!

Top Bottom