What do I do?

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a real stupid thing, fixed a freind of a freind's quad. The long story short. Grizzly 700 needed a timing chain, they started the job, but buddy got sick and they decided it was too big of a job anyways. So they asked me if I was interested in doing the job and I told them no problem, get parts together and I'd do it. Well after it was opened up needed piston, valves, and new rod/crank assembly. Got the parts together and reassembled, and running and delivered to him. Told him when I dropped it off that wet clutch was about done but might be good for the summer and might not be. This was on Friday and was going to pay me Sunday afternoon. So no word from him on Sunday so texted him Sunday evening asking him if every thing worked ok. He told me it ran good but the clutch was noisy, so I told him I was thinking it might not be ok but took a chance to save him a g for a month or two till he got money to replace it. I then told him I'd install the new parts for no charge and he told me he wasn't paying me for anything. So here I'm out $400 in parts and time and he won't answer my texts or calls, I want to make it right but won't give me the chance. The time I can eat but parts are hard to pay for when it ain't yours. Any "legal" avenues I can take?

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go see him at his house?
it's harder to evade someone when you are talking face to face

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesnt sound much like a friend... Thts why im iffy fixing things for my friends... i don't charge them time, i do it out of the good of having fun... But i usually make them pay for the parts when i order them or else i don't pick them up... Reason why i dnt charge an hour is because i ususally fix older machines, and they are so unpredicatable never knw what could go out next... Just dnt want to be relieable... The best u could do in this case is talk to him look around for a deal for the clutch parts... Idk man just talk to him...

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesnt sound much like a friend... Thts why im iffy fixing things for my friends... i don't charge them time, i do it out of the good of having fun... But i usually make them pay for the parts when i order them or else i don't pick them up... Reason why i dnt charge an hour is because i ususally fix older machines, and they are so unpredicatable never knw what could go out next... Just dnt want to be relieable... The best u could do in this case is talk to him look around for a deal for the clutch parts... Idk man just talk to him...

friend of a friend..... definitely not a friend

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well next time get him to buy the parts for you .... and well i think you are s.o.l. or tell him you will fix his quad again for nothing and take your parts off and dont give him the quad until he pays .....or if he parks the thing outside at night go there and take your parts back go with some friends and it wont take very long....

Last edited:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go knock on his door, who-ever answers gets $400 buck beat out of them....Big Lebowski style.

Maybe the friend that introduced you to this slug could put some heat on him too

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you invoice him for the work done? If it was a cash sale then legally you are SOL but if it was invoiced then you can put a mechanics lean on it. I believe you go to the local court house with serial # etc pay a small fee and you are good to go.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go knock on his door, who-ever answers gets $400 buck beat out of them....Bib Lebowski style.

Maybe the friend that introduced you to this slug could put some heat on him too

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS LARRY!!! hahaha

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never let it go till its paid for.... unfortunely even friends do this...

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell him you want your parts back. If he's not paying then why should he have them?

Once you get them back tell him about how much of an ass he is because he most likely doesn't know this yet.

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell him you want your parts back!?WTF.:Hammer3: If "pay me" dont work I dont think he will be taking parts off his quad and giving them back.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell him you want your parts back!?WTF.:Hammer3: If "pay me" dont work I dont think he will be taking parts off his quad and giving them back.

Why wouldn't you try this first? Its worth a shot, and he has no right owning them if rocketron bought it.

He can send a threat his way if it doesn't work, and like previously posted, his "friend" can come in and say to his "friend" he wants his parts back, then go about telling him how much of an ass he his, because he still most likely doesn't know this.

and by using a threat, I mean by saying you will pursue what ever legal action is needed on his part.

If you don't agree with that, then who's side are you on? :confused:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never let it go till its paid for.... unfortunely even friends do this...

Damn straight! Jerk-offs like this usually count on the fact that you'll just give up long before they get tried of evading you.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your mutual friend to organize a day quad trip with him. show up unexpectedly. when you get out in the bush, remove the parts you installed and go home.:d:d:d

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what the "boy" is right Just ask for your stuff back. Than when he says "no", cause he obviously wont even pay the bill. Than you can "threat" him with telling you mommy. :mad::rolleyes: He isn't giving parts back. nobody would. The guy would need to pay somebody else to take everything apart. and would most likely dent, ding, scratch(wreck) whatever was taken off.

I would continue to try and help him out and fix his clutch, than get payment before you start.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should probably realize by now he's gonna foog you. Probably does it all the time.

Find some road kill and stuff it under his deck/porch.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give him a live bullet and tell him the next one is coming air mail!

Top Bottom