What did you ride this weekend?

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we had a very nice weekend and just wondering what everyone when riding on. Here is a photo of what I rode, but didn't get to ride my quad I Dr. has not given me the ok yet.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great looking horse,That has to be a little rougher than your quad?
catmando!

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what I think but the Dr. said that he thinks the horse is safer. I guess he never seen a horse get mad and try and dump the rider. I find it easier to keep 4 tires on the ground then 4 feet.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beautiful creature, my sister used to be a trainer in Cochrane when she lived there.

rode the sled for a while on saturday around the farm racing with the little guy on his mini-z, jumped on the quad and pushed some snow onto the dark spots on his track, then hopped on the bike and rode to town for ketchup. cooked hotdogs at the firepit, then left for work at 3am to get a D-8 Cat out of the bush on the frost....I love/hate spring. :D

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the quad out yesterday afternoon and bladed the slush off the driveway hoping that it will dry up faster. Maybe try and blade some more slush off tomorrow before heading back to work for 2 weeks.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Albertagal500... funny how a Doctor might think that it is safer to ride a 1200 pound horse instead of a 650 pound quad :confused: When you think about it, there's a better chance of getting yourself into trouble on a horse than on an atv?? I've never seen an Atv get spooked and buck the rider! And.. the brakes react quicker on an ATV then a horse! I've had alot better luck contolling a quad compared to a horse.... Like you said as well :)

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty, I think he is worried because I rolled the quad and broke my collarbones. I think if I had come in after one of the times I've gone down with a horse then I would have gotten the ok to ride the quad first.

It was funny after I got hurt everyone in my family asked my mom if I was going to get rid of that dangerous quad. They all seemed to have forgotten the time that I fell of my horse, broke my leg and spent the summer in the hospital.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope this works. Sat. at PowderKing ski area. If this turns out, this is my Summit and my Ranger. The amount of snow was incredible.

Attachments

• DSC00291.jpg
    DSC00291.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC00287.jpg
    DSC00287.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 100

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty, I think he is worried because I rolled the quad and broke my collarbones. I think if I had come in after one of the times I've gone down with a horse then I would have gotten the ok to ride the quad first.

It was funny after I got hurt everyone in my family asked my mom if I was going to get rid of that dangerous quad. They all seemed to have forgotten the time that I fell of my horse, broke my leg and spent the summer in the hospital.

LOL :D You can get hurt on anything you ride I guess! Horse or Atv.. they both make great memories for you i'm sure :). I have broken my left collarbone twice, first time in three places and the second two years later it was broke in two places. I feel for you! ;) A broken collarbone is the worst break in my opinion... very imobilizing (sp?). Hope you heal well and quickly! Sounds like you are a bit of a casuality like myself?? :rolleyes:

flatlandguy

Reaction score
I rode the local snowmobile ralley here in Blaine Lake on Sat. It was a beautiful sunny day +3. The snow conditions really sucked though, we have had some terrible winds that stripped most of the snow off the fields and left some rock hard finger drifts. Only a few good tall stubble fields left. This week more melting so I think sledding around here is nearly done for the season. One more trip to the mountains, maybe next week:D:D

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife and daughter also enjoy dressage and jumping. It's more expensive than sledding and the sled eats less.:D

flatlandguy

Reaction score
Yeah, my wife and daughter also enjoy dressage and jumping. It's more expensive than sledding and the sled eats less.:D

Can anybody explain to me what it is about women and horses??? Does it have to do with always wanting do domineer over something or just because they think horses are cute? Must be at least 9 out of 10 girls who live in the city think they want a horse:confused::confused: WHY?? Albertagal , can you share a little insight to this phenomenon?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Pulled the quad out yesterday afternoon and bladed the slush off the driveway hoping that it will dry up faster. Maybe try and blade some more slush off tomorrow before heading back to work for 2 weeks.

when you're done your drive there Wheeler, feel free to drop by and do mine..... and a path to the side with the walk out too. Need to get a truck in there before the end of the month..... If you don't have time, just leave the quad in the yard, and the key in the garage :D

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anybody explain to me what it is about women and horses??? Does it have to do with always wanting do domineer over something or just because they think horses are cute? Must be at least 9 out of 10 girls who live in the city think they want a horse:confused::confused: WHY?? Albertagal , can you share a little insight to this phenomenon?

Well in my case it is being able to control 1200lbs with my thighs. The feeling of moving as one with something so powerful is a big high.

just so you know that 2 in 5 riders still still are into horses when they grow up and only 1 of the 2 are more then just there to have fun. It is like boys and hockey they all want to play only a few are good at it.:D

Hope that helped;)

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a 40 pounder bottle of Alberta Springs for about 7 hours saturday night...........got bucked off around 3am....

Top Bottom