What did you do for your ATV today?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it in that harness I moved up ???

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

There was a loose bullet connector hidden in there when I pulled tbe tape off, but it still didn't fix the problem. I ended up finding a couple frayed wires to the stator that were grounding to the frame.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y would there be a bullet connector in that harness ??

And that went to the stator ???

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y would there be a bullet connector in that harness ??

And that went to the stator ???
Every wire at that spot in the harness that was kinked up had a bullet connector on it. Seems like a pretty goofy place to put a bullet connector, especially since you can't buy that portion of the harness by itself. I didn't trace any of those wires. The frayed wires were on the opposite side of the bike right close to the stator, but when you wiggle the harness enough, they would ground out against the frame. The loose bullet connector probably didn't help much either.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Every wire at that spot in the harness that was kinked up had a bullet connector on it. Seems like a pretty goofy place to put a bullet connector, especially since you can't buy that portion of the harness by itself. I didn't trace any of those wires. The frayed wires were on the opposite side of the bike right close to the stator, but when you wiggle the harness enough, they would ground out against the frame. The loose bullet connector probably didn't help much either.

if I were you Dean, and maybe you did already, I would get that connector together properly and put heat shrink tube over it to hold it tightly in place.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I were you Dean, and maybe you did already, I would get that connector together properly and put heat shrink tube over it to hold it tightly in place.

Good idea Tyler. I'll do that before I button it up.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished installing new winch, bush guard, and skid. Whew, what a PITA! ...bumper didn't want to go on, so I'll probably turn it into an ash tray or something.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373567238571.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373567238571.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 117

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you going soon? Josh just phoned me and said his truck is making a a grinding noise so he might be out.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loaded up old Big red in the Tundra and haul out the old Grizz, rince of my rad and in the morning off to the Jamboree yeppiiii

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All Balls Racing Ball Joints, Tierods and tie rod ends all around, Replaced both Front Cv Joints and found a missing bolt from my front drive shaft. It just never ends!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelly you missing the bolt in the centre of the one part of the U joint? that's a 13 mm bolt, I believe and must be put in with blue locktight to hold...the bolt goes in to the piece that goes into the engine at the front...

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All Balls Racing Ball Joints, Tierods and tie rod ends all around, Replaced both Front Cv Joints and found a missing bolt from my front drive shaft. It just never ends!

You got your hands on AllBalls parts already? What it cost you? I ended up going factory on mine because I didn't figure I'd be able to find stock on aftermarket ones. (PS. Keith was in the lineup at Riverside right behind me yesterday to pick up his ball joints.)

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got your hands on AllBalls parts already? What it cost you? I ended up going factory on mine because I didn't figure I'd be able to find stock on aftermarket ones. (PS. Keith was in the lineup at Riverside right behind me yesterday to pick up his ball joints.)
Rapid Revolutions keeps them in stock for the Can Ams as those tie rod ends are apparently a weak point. 4 tie rod ends, 2 tie rod (HD) 2 lower ball joints and once tube of synthetic amsoil grease was 160 taxes in. If I had gone OEM the Tie rod ends alone are 200 (49.99 each) Yeah Mark I got the washer and the M8 X 16 bolt and I RED locktighted the bugger in. I am lucky that didn't break on me. That is too funny Dean! I hope Keith does both sides? I had replaced my upper ones late last year so they are still good. I cannot believe how tight the front end is now. Just waiting for Purolater to give me my steering knuckle. they have only had it since the 9th.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
God.... Ur allways working on that thing.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Just adding a few things...

1600 km in 8 months of riding. I don't just let it sit in the garage..

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So up date on the Purolator shipment. As soon as the guy hands me the box I knew something was wrong. The box was way too light, someone had badly taped it up and all that was in it was some bolts and the shipping receipt. Gave it back to the Driver and refused delivery. Took 10 days to get here from Toronto, not sure what the deal is but hopefully I will get the damn knuckle soon. Good thing I didn't tale the quad apart thinking the part was going to be here today. Sheesh!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So up date on the Purolator shipment. As soon as the guy hands me the box I knew something was wrong. The box was way too light, someone had badly taped it up and all that was in it was some bolts and the shipping receipt. Gave it back to the Driver and refused delivery. Took 10 days to get here from Toronto, not sure what the deal is but hopefully I will get the damn knuckle soon. Good thing I didn't tale the quad apart thinking the part was going to be here today. Sheesh!
Wouldn't the steering knuckle and tie rods, etc be under warranty?

Top Bottom