What did you do for your ATV today?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is our trail looking ?, wet dry ?,... may end up a day later, (Friday) hope not, have some brake issues with truck, wanting to get out of town and ride !!!

Getting dry. Trail in great shape

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recovered the commander from a trail near Nordegg after turning my tie rod into a banana yesterday. Hated leaving it out overnight but it's all good now. Thank you very much to Nordeggab for all your help. Next up is a wash and alignment with the new tie rod and then figure out which HD rods I want to go with.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A question...... When any of you take out a tie rod, do you take it in for an alignment? Or do you just adjust to your best possible guess?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's relatively easy to see if the a arm is bent at the mounting tabs . Paint flaking / bent tabs / kink in gussets etc etc ....
If that is the case , obviously more work needs to be done .
Usually the tie rods / and a arms are the weaker part and easy (cheap)to fix ...
Now if you bend / kink the frame , it could mean a write off or new frame ....

So if the frame and a arm are ok .. simply install and set set to recommended settings .

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Polaris general in our last ride caught a stump , bent the arm pretty severely .
No damage to tie rod or frame / support though .

Rode all week & just had to replace the a arm, for a fix ....
Sometimes a weak spot is there for a good reason .

Once again , cut trails wide enough so that the logs are far enough back they don't wreck your machine / or your life ....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to be most of the trails I fix have the issue of not being cut back enough for a stock sxs.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had very few problems on the ranger, unless there is fallen trees.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the mav all shined up and a good grease job .
Ready to pin it ...
Not much to ever fix on the Maverick, just regular maintenance
& add fuel...��

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the trail where I took out my tie rod. I went back through slowly to check and theres only an inch of clearance on each side because the log on the left was on the trail and the other one is perpendicular to the trail but covered up. You can just see the light colour where my tire knocked all the bark off.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the new tie rod to the test on some tough trails today. The repair/wheel alignment done on the trail a couple days ago will need to be tweaked but otherwise held up well. Warranty covered a new winch contactor this year and got to put that to use today too. Trails are very wet and the mud holes are a whole new challenge compared to past years around here. One stuck today and a very good ride left the commander in need of a good wash!

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my brp rad kit installed on the renegade...wow is all I can say. The fit and finish is so much better than the wild boar I had on my outlander 1000! I guess it pays to spend the extra $$

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unloaded from 2 weeks of riding and the Jamboree.

Need new rear wheel brgs

Top Bottom