WeldCraft Jet

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I type this I’m sitting in the wapati giving er a break in.

Well that sounds like a good day!

a451aecc2ef3f421c58d5c216fb36d4f.png

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I found was I had my pcv vents back to my cup then from my cup back to my intake directly. Too much vac. As the engine built vac it would scream thru my pcv valves. Ou the plug back in my intake and put the outlet of the pcv cup back to my flame arrestor. I put the cup in because I had a oil mist on my intake that I had to clean every few trips. Just annoying is all. This should fix it. I also put a small amount of oil in my cup. Runs like a top now.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your carb should have a large Vac port on one end under a bowl. I'd use that with the can in the middle. I had an older 454 and ran PCV direct to Holley 750 DP with no issues, with the can, you're gold

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got out for a couple rips this weekend. The boat needs some more tuning so it’s in the shop now. Beyond my expertise. Started running really rich on me after running good the weekend before. Let’s just say I burnt some gas. Enough gas that I floated back to magoos on Friday night.
f2b723e433e80e8dfb0054a2eb49d2e5.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weird that it ran good then started to run rich. maybe a stuck float bowl or needle?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weird that it ran good then started to run rich. maybe a stuck float bowl or needle?

No idea buddy. Two Saturday’s ago ran good. Down to the Smokey, up to the rat shack and back to magoos. It’s above me now. Will be pretty chapped if it’s something stupid. Just needs a fresh set of eyes as stupid as that sounds.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong with getting someone to look at it. Im no carb wizard either. Did you change carb or did you reuse?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird that it ran well and then poorly...

Id agree with the secondaries to soon but all you can do there is progressive linkage VS 1:1 no? I have seen the secondary linkage stick before and leave the blades open too

Distributor vacuum advance or stuck weight/spring not adding timing to burn the fuel at higher rpm?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vac secondary. I was thinking they were late 3900. An I have a AA on er. I should have taken a vid. When it’s cold it ran fine. Warmed up an just ran gutless. Like that 305.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys it’s been a long day. The guy that was supposed to look at my boat ended up rolling his quad. Long story short I got my boat back. Ripped the quick fuel off and put a brande new brawler 650 on it. Took er down the river and it ran good. Went to pull the boat out of the water and I somehow managed to get water in it it. I don’t have flappers on my exhaust. The only thing I can think of is I turned it off at too high of rpm, and it Diesel’ed. My manifolds are fine. I somehow took water. Anyways. I got it all out, pulled plugs, changed oil blah blah blah. It’s going to jetcraft tomorrow. Long day.

Top Bottom