weight of truck

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Load a truck beyond the GVWR and roll up to a police officer/dot in BC, let me know how it goes for ya.
Reading is very very hard.........I said I know in Alberta, and THOUGH B.C was the same. But to read youd have to pull your head out of your a$$.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it totally doesn't make sense magnet. the gvwr on all the trucks even 1 ton single rear wheel have to low of a gvwr for the deck and sleds. i'm going to go by what i was told from the guy this morning. i am under on my tires and axles, made 4 trips to BC already with no issues, so i'll keep on trucking.
I wouldn't worry about it, I mean the dots don't even know for sure, nor people at the scales. It is impossible to find a 100% positive answer in writing.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading is very very hard.........I said I know in Alberta, and THOUGH B.C was the same. But to read youd have to pull your head out of your a$$.

First post was referring to hauling into BC, that is what I responded to. If you want to ramble on about laws in Ab, that isn't what the OP was looking for. If you THINK you know something, shut your mouth, until you KNOW the facts.

To put it bluntly, in BC, if you are weighed above the GVWR you are legally overweight. The one thing it seems law enforcement in BC has a hardon for, regardless of branch, it's writing tickets to out of province drivers. You want to risk it, be my guest.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First post was referring to hauling into BC, that is what I responded to. If you want to ramble on about laws in Ab, that isn't what the OP was looking for. If you THINK you know something, shut your mouth, until you KNOW the facts.To put it bluntly, in BC, if you are weighed above the GVWR you are legally overweight. The one thing it seems law enforcement in BC has a hardon for, regardless of branch, it's writing tickets to out of province drivers. You want to risk it, be my guest.
Do us all a favor and put up paper proof that it is the law, until you can you THINK you know.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off speaking strictly dodge. The axle ratings on the door are a lot lower then the axle manufacture rates them. The rear axle on a 2500/3500 diesel from AAM is rated for over 10,000lbs. Second, a dodge 2500/3500 srw or dually have 9000, 9900, and 11000 IIRC gvw in the 3rd gen trucks. Now it's the same axle rating from AAM just a few different parts to accommodate the extra width. The 3500 srw only has overloads over a 2500. So, as long as its legal, there is zero issues with a 2500 being loaded to a 3500 drw gvw, as long as both are diesels with the same axles. The gvw on them isn't worth the paper it's wrote on.

"Things I Know Sweet Fawk All About, But Will Entry Into Arguements About Them Anyways On Account Of That I'm A FawkTard"
> concrete
> davits
> grade 12
> soffits
> 4 men
> light standards
> transporting bobcats
> yoga pants
and our newest addition !
> Dodge axles

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mikey(slededjr), just checked the gvwr on my 2011 3500 megacab diesel 4x4 slt+ and it is 4582kg or 10000lbs......... Good thing you looked into this mikey, and especially your fog lites. Just gotta watch my hid headlites and foglites now :)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it totally doesn't make sense magnet. the gvwr on all the trucks even 1 ton single rear wheel have to low of a gvwr for the deck and sleds. i'm going to go by what i was told from the guy this morning. i am under on my tires and axles, made 4 trips to BC already with no issues, so i'll keep on trucking.
it makes total sense that just shows the reality of how many people are really overweight. manufacturers do not care about whether or not you can or cant haul your girlfriend around in the back of your truck. you obviously must be some type of relation to cyle. because you ask a question get many truthfull answers that are factual. but because you dont like the factual answers you say we are all wrong and fu i will do it how i want to any ways. if you did not want the truth dont ask the question.

probably 30% or more of the members on this site are , or where truck drivers dispatchers etc and dealt with this crap every day for most of their lives you asked a question we answered it. your welcome. but when you have to leave a sled at the scale remember it isn't the officer who was the azzhole it was the negligent bed wetting driver that didn't think he had top obey the law. And when an axle/ spring/ frame or what have you fails on your truck causing an accident possibly hurting/killing yourself or others it was not the manufacturers fault that your unit failed it was the guy who knowingly chose to massivley overload said unit.

j/s

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do look up the AAM 11.5 axle ratings and differences then dumbass. You will find my information 100% correct. But getting the facts is harder then spewing BS like a dumbass behind a keyboard.

I'm sure the DOT will take your word for it, cricket boy, when you're overweight on an axle. The point you made has absolutely nothing to do with slededjr's original question, or this thread as whole. You sir, are as dim as you are recalcitrant.

Boys, send me some rep for sending ~cycle~ to find a dictionary on that one. :D

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mikey(slededjr), just checked the gvwr on my 2011 3500 megacab diesel 4x4 slt+ and it is 4582kg or 10000lbs......... Good thing you looked into this mikey, and especially your fog lites. Just gotta watch my hid headlites and foglites now :)
still waiting for the link to your "motorized" self levelling aftermarket headlights

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just for clarity, your "motorized" kit simply means that there is a mechanical shutter on the bulb that lifts up for hi beam operation, and drops back down for low beam to block out some of the light. they are used in 2 headlight systems, and do not self level according to load. someone is blowing smoke up your azz Ric, if you were told they are self levelling.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just for clarity, your "motorized" kit simply means that there is a mechanical shutter on the bulb that lifts up for hi beam operation, and drops back down for low beam to block out some of the light. They are used in 2 headlight systems, and do not self level according to load. Someone is blowing smoke up your azz ric, if you were told they are self levelling.

you are incorrect teeroy........... ""the "motorized kit" hid headlights automatically re-aim the headlights when you have a heavy load in the cargo area and/or back seats - specifically to help avoid blinding oncoming traffic. These kits use one motorized hid bulb to convert the low beam & high beam. These kits are only for vehicles that use dual filament halogen bulbs(bulb sizes 9004, 9007, h13 & h4)"" .......... This taken directly from the information literature

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are incorrect teeroy........... ""the "motorized kit" hid headlights automatically re-aim the headlights when you have a heavy load in the cargo area and/or back seats - specifically to help avoid blinding oncoming traffic. These kits use one motorized hid bulb to convert the low beam & high beam. These kits are only for vehicles that use dual filament halogen bulbs(bulb sizes 9004, 9007, h13 & h4)"" .......... This taken directly from the information literature
then they are flat out lying in their literature. the only way the headlights can self adjust is by moving the complete housing up and down not just the bulb.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
then they are flat out lying in their literature. The only way the headlights can self adjust is by moving the complete housing up and down not just the bulb.

just statin' the facts teeroy........... They work great on my truck..... I do notice them dipping and rising, over period of time, when long uphill or down hill grades. Very rarely will see them bobble a bit, when first started as they self adjust.......

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just statin' the facts teeroy........... They work great on my truck..... I do notice them dipping and rising, over period of time, when long uphill or down hill grades. Very rarely will see them bobble a bit, when first started as they self adjust.......
and it was a kit to go into your factory dodge headlight housing?

Top Bottom