Was thinking Klim or Motorfist...but....Ski Doo maybe??

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's early in the season, anyone know of a place in the Edmonton area that has their motorfist gear on the floor yet?? I phoned Cycleworks West and they told me they didn't have too much yet and to hold off making the drive. It was nice going to Martin-they had a pretty good selection of Skidoo and Klim

On a biased opinion here.....MotrFist jackets witheVent Fabrics is the most breathable and has the best performance then anything out there. Google eVent vs X fabric and see what you get. It is the only one that breathes in one step. Any other membrance needs to soak the PU membrane BEFORE it vents the sweat out.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with klim was not happy with my motofist pants. I will be going back to klim

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a biased opinion here.....MotrFist jackets witheVent Fabrics is the most breathable and has the best performance then anything out there. Google eVent vs X fabric and see what you get. It is the only one that breathes in one step. Any other membrance needs to soak the PU membrane BEFORE it vents the sweat out.

I will say I am happy to see some different color combo/options with the MF gear. Love the boots, just never was a fan of the straight up black/red.

Not looking for lots of color, but a little option on the gear like you are doing now.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I'm actively trying to implement within our store is educating our customers HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW the gear works...
In my opinion so many people purchase their outer layer shell then cheapo out on their mid and base layer.. bulking up with Hoodies
I've even had people wearing their Jeans under their outer layer pants complain when their "gear didn't work".. Holy smokers.. K.. Pants are one factor.. your outer layer Jacket is one factor.. but do spend the time to get a good base and Mid layer.. You are totally wasting your money on an outer layer, be it a Jacket or Pants if you will NOT invest in your Mid and base layers..

This is the article I'm blowing up.. Poster form.. hand outs.. so Everyone understands how the gear works..
Dressed for success | SnoRiders

On a separate note.. OMGOSH!!!!!!!! The Trophy Jacket.. yep that is what I'll be wearing this year.. HOLY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! K so even technology... waterproof breathable... good stuff.. but WOOOO WEEEEEEE... I love the comfort factor.. the fabric is softer, especially around the face where the side zipper is...It's super sexy too! The butt cover part goes down farther too.. I like it!

and Ladies... the mid layer is so soft and cozy...... like comfy Jammie cozy..... So needless to say.. I was wearing cozy clothes upstairs..
One request.. Motorfist.. please make me some slippers.... !!!!!!!!!!!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mostly mountain riding and I can see what you mean about warm but no support thing. They are so comfortable though. Using a set of Burton snowboard boots that have worked very well but after a few years of abuse they are getting beat up and I noticed last year my feet were getting wet. I also know that the Klim boots can be hit and miss too and the FXR's are terrible.

go try on some stoompers from mf i have never heard anything bad about them from anyone the mf guy on here has made it pretty clear he will stand behind their product definetly worth looking into ...i have klim boots not real impressed they are all right but wish i would have looked around a little more

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned and used Klim gear for many years and its great gear, I do not believe that there warranty is as good as some of the folks on hear might say it is and that comes from personal experience. I was in need of some new boots last year and was going to buy another set of klim,s but thought I would take a look at the motorfists as I liked the way they looked. After trying them on I found that they fit better than any other boot I have ever worn and felt like I had been wearing them for years they were so comfortable, so I bought them. They were the best boot I have ever owned and loved them, I ended up damaging the boots by my own stupidity. I posted my opinion and experience with the motorfist boots and how I had damaged them but was going to buy a new set, almost immediately I had a motorfist rep get a hold of me and went above and beyond to help me out I couldn't believe it. These guys really do stand behind there products and offer a level of service that in my opinion is unmatched. I have a lot of experience with gore and it's great however do some research on E-vent and you be the judge, if you look at other garments made with E-vent you will see it is only used in very high end outerwear and the price reflects that, I find that motorfist is very fairly priced for what your getting and doubt you will find anyone out there with a better warranty or service. Good luck with your choice and have a great season!

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I'm actively trying to implement within our store is educating our customers HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW the gear works...
In my opinion so many people purchase their outer layer shell then cheapo out on their mid and base layer.. bulking up with Hoodies
I've even had people wearing their Jeans under their outer layer pants complain when their "gear didn't work".. Holy smokers.. K.. Pants are one factor.. your outer layer Jacket is one factor.. but do spend the time to get a good base and Mid layer.. You are totally wasting your money on an outer layer, be it a Jacket or Pants if you will NOT invest in your Mid and base layers..

This is the article I'm blowing up.. Poster form.. hand outs.. so Everyone understands how the gear works..
Dressed for success | SnoRiders

On a separate note.. OMGOSH!!!!!!!! The Trophy Jacket.. yep that is what I'll be wearing this year.. HOLY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! K so even technology... waterproof breathable... good stuff.. but WOOOO WEEEEEEE... I love the comfort factor.. the fabric is softer, especially around the face where the side zipper is...It's super sexy too! The butt cover part goes down farther too.. I like it!

and Ladies... the mid layer is so soft and cozy...... like comfy Jammie cozy..... So needless to say.. I was wearing cozy clothes upstairs..
One request.. Motorfist.. please make me some slippers.... !!!!!!!!!!!

MF slippers.jpg

mtacres

Reaction score
I use eVent. Coat, gloves, and pants. Had good luck with it so far. This will be the 4th year with the coat and works like the day I bought it with regards to waterproof and breathable. Will be the 3rd year with the pants. Same performance. I use it in the summer for quading also and am always dry, whether splashing through mud and puddles to riding and sweating hard in the summer heat. The motor fist gloves truly do keep your hands dry through out the day also.
Had Klim boots for a year and had wet cold feet every time I went out. Not happy. Bought the Stomper boots at the sled show in Edmonton last fall and am very impressed. Soles are getting chewed up from the running boards but they all do. May have to check out the replaceable sole feature.

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned and used Klim gear for many years and its great gear, I do not believe that there warranty is as good as some of the folks on hear might say it is and that comes from personal experience. I was in need of some new boots last year and was going to buy another set of klim,s but thought I would take a look at the motorfists as I liked the way they looked. After trying them on I found that they fit better than any other boot I have ever worn and felt like I had been wearing them for years they were so comfortable, so I bought them. They were the best boot I have ever owned and loved them, I ended up damaging the boots by my own stupidity. I posted my opinion and experience with the motorfist boots and how I had damaged them but was going to buy a new set, almost immediately I had a motorfist rep get a hold of me and went above and beyond to help me out I couldn't believe it. These guys really do stand behind there products and offer a level of service that in my opinion is unmatched. I have a lot of experience with gore and it's great however do some research on E-vent and you be the judge, if you look at other garments made with E-vent you will see it is only used in very high end outerwear and the price reflects that, I find that motorfist is very fairly priced for what your getting and doubt you will find anyone out there with a better warranty or service. Good luck with your choice and have a great season!

Thanks. We try to do what's right and make you ride more. And if you can ride more and If you don't notice our gear riding.....then we did our job.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim never let me down for a season then the pants ripped and no warranty, the helmet is very pretty but feels heavy, boots have been great though standing up well to my monster board inserts even and I bought the cheap ones, only cold once and I really shouldn't have been riding that day, a buddy is running the new brp stuff and likes it, as for motorfist.... The gloves are the most comfortable I've ever tried abd they warrantied a tear cause by my improper sled roll technique grabbing the sharp outer boards, I replaced my torn klim jacket for a mf one last season which I purchased in gp tore in valemount and had replaced free of charge in Kamloops, I'd like to hear of klim doing that and no jacket is supposed to be ridden over by another sled in the first place so you can't blame the product, the new mf helmet is affordable and light the boots have replaceable soles and in comparison it's cheaper all around, I have zero affiliation with them but will be a loyal mf guy for life for the treatment I've received to date and this klim mf battle rages in my group every ride;)

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now if only I could get some free decals from them to cover the klim ones on my trailer for free..... Lmao kidding of course but it's really great gear, more colors like klim would be nice though

Top Bottom