Was thinking Klim or Motorfist...but....Ski Doo maybe??

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking for new gear for this year. Have lots of friends wearing Klim. I had a pair of Adrenaline's that last a couple years and were great but no longer keep my feet dry.

So I went to Martin Equipment today to test fit some gear. To make a long story short, The Togwotee bibs were ok, didn't like the fit of the Valdez Jacket-arms were too long and it pulled in the sholders. The PowerXross Pullover was ok, but it's a pullover and might get annoying...The Adrenaline Boots fit good as usual and so did the new Arctic GTX...

BUT....

The Skidoo Helium 30 jacket felt awesome!! What does everyone think about this line. They didn't have the pants but I loved the Jacket---fit perfectly....might not be as durable but at least I'll be comfortable.

t335_b02214cb7329d555ea27e80999b9ed6f.jpg

Last edited:

Twacked

Reaction score
I told u to get the togwotee. Two seasons on mine and still great.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those helium jackets are nice....rode in some wet heavy snow last year with one on and was bone dry and comfortable,,, i wouldnt think twice about sporting one

• Thanks
Reactions: Raz

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey brother, nice to see you on the forum....you use your first post to harp on me though!! :)

I told u to get the togwotee. Two seasons on mine and still great.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have the helium 30 or 50?

Those helium jackets are nice....rode in some wet heavy snow last year with one on and was bone dry and comfortable,,, i wouldnt think twice about sporting one

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Im looking for new gear for this year. Have lots of friends wearing Klim. I had a pair of Adrenaline's that last a couple years and were great but no longer keep my feet dry.

So I went to Martin Equipment today to test fit some gear. To make a long story short, The Togwotee bibs were ok, didn't like the fit of the Valdez Jacket-arms were too long and it pulled in the sholders. The PowerXross Pullover was ok, but it's a pullover and might get annoying...The Adrenaline Boots fit good as usual and so did the new Arctic GTX...

BUT....

The Skidoo Helium 30 jacket felt awesome!! What does everyone think about this line. They didn't have the pants but I loved the Jacket---fit perfectly....might not be as durable but at least I'll be comfortable.

t335_b02214cb7329d555ea27e80999b9ed6f.jpg

Get whatever feels best. Most manufactures do a good job so fit and comfort should be high on the list. I work with many brands and have used the helium series alongside those others(mountain hardwear, oakley, Columbia, Helly Hansen) I absolutely love the helium 50 for sledding but enjoyed the helium 30 pants better. This year I will be rocking the helium 30 jacket which is more what I like, lighter and less stiff...if your tough on stuff the helium 50 is for you, if your not, not that the 30 is not tough but it rather feels lighter, then the 30 is a great choice.

• Thanks

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have the helium 30 or 50?
Im not sure which one it was, it was on a demo ride, brp wanted you to wear all their gear too. Whichever one it was it was a good jacket tho,I really liked it.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUT....

I too am in the same boat and was seriously consider the skidoo stuff.... right now i run all klim gear (pull over and freeride pants), i just find it very bulky and heavy compared to whats on the market. With the bulk of some of this it catchs on the trees alot, not fun. As well when the snow stick to the pants, there just that much more sticking on them.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the helium 30 jacket and I love it. I have a really hard time finding sledding gear that fits ( I am quite a tall girl) I have my Klim as well but find it bulky.

• Thanks

snowho

Reaction score
I am looking at a new pair of boots and I found a set of Baffin's I think they were the arctic series or something like that at any rate they seemed pretty good. Does anyone have a set that can give me some likes or dislikes?

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got the helium 30 jacket and pants last year,good stuff,supper light ,windproof,and dry, pretty amazing something that light is warm to.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had two Doo jackets and one pair bibs in recent years and the only negative I have found are the quality of zippers are not as great.

I still have an original Ski-Doo Goretex pull over that is still more water proof than the later released RPM gear. But, all the zippers on just about everything are toast.

So as far as the quality of the product and water proofing, their gear is great. The Zippers not so much.

Just check out the zippers on the newer gear to see if they look cheap or not. Pants, I wouldn't go with anything but KLIM.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a new pair of boots and I found a set of Baffin's I think they were the arctic series or something like that at any rate they seemed pretty good. Does anyone have a set that can give me some likes or dislikes?
What kind of riding are you going to be doing? If you are planing on spending any amount of time mountain riding, stay away from Baffins. They are supremely warm, but generally provided very little in the way of support.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had the Klim gear and switched to the doo stuff 3 years ago I think it's great have not experienced any issues with the zippers what's so ever think its great stuff and would not go back to the Klim gear IMO the doo stuff is better i even think the boots are better and up until then you would have a hard time convincing me there was a better boot than klim

snowho

Reaction score
What kind of riding are you going to be doing? If you are planing on spending any amount of time mountain riding, stay away from Baffins. They are supremely warm, but generally provided very little in the way of support.
Mostly mountain riding and I can see what you mean about warm but no support thing. They are so comfortable though. Using a set of Burton snowboard boots that have worked very well but after a few years of abuse they are getting beat up and I noticed last year my feet were getting wet. I also know that the Klim boots can be hit and miss too and the FXR's are terrible.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mostly mountain riding and I can see what you mean about warm but no support thing. They are so comfortable though. Using a set of Burton snowboard boots that have worked very well but after a few years of abuse they are getting beat up and I noticed last year my feet were getting wet. I also know that the Klim boots can be hit and miss too and the FXR's are terrible.
I got a set of Klim last year and had zero issues with them. My feet stayed warm, but not overly so, and were never wet. I would say go with them, I've heard good things about HMK too though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well seeing as I won the free motor fist jacket ill let ya know.

Had all fxr stuff before. Bibs have been 100% jacket well zipper has failed many times, been through 4 sets of boots ( but fxr has warranted them so they do look after ya )

sent from my htc

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a biased opinion here.....MotrFist jackets witheVent Fabrics is the most breathable and has the best performance then anything out there. Google eVent vs X fabric and see what you get. It is the only one that breathes in one step. Any other membrance needs to soak the PU membrane BEFORE it vents the sweat out.

snowho

Reaction score
I got a set of Klim last year and had zero issues with them. My feet stayed warm, but not overly so, and were never wet. I would say go with them, I've heard good things about HMK too though.
I do like the KLIM stuff allot of people that I have talked to love it kinda like a cult . I have one friend that loves his boots never wet and always warm (one hit) and another friend who is not very happy with his boots one boot leaked bad (one miss) he bought them online and did send them back they sent him a new pair and guess what the other one leaks (another miss.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had HMK's for one season and was the worst money I've spent on boots ($ 360.00) Wet feet, laces shredded, and half peeled off the bottom of the soles from kicking snow off my stock boards. Looking to hopefully buy MF or Klim boots at the Sled show, if the price is right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom