Warranty on a snow check that someone else checked

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a fyi guys with the pull start .... Talked to my dealer this am about my pull start fawking up .... They tryed a new grease or something ... Guess lots are fawking up ... Waiting to hear what they are going to do .... Hope it works off and on before it quits totaly till they get it fixed [ pain in the azz to use the back up rope ] ....

Soooo. The estart is a better deal and it works better!!!! Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder when they will finally have the perfect rewind starter after all these years?:confused:

for the life of me i can't beleave they don't put heat tape on the out housing like they used too on the revs .... Either way when i get a new one they are heat tape'in the hell out of it ....

Reddragon816

Reaction score
These are the exact options my dealer gave me when I ordered my 14 snow check. I took 500 in accessories as i don't plan on keeping it for 4 years and they say etecs are garanteed to start one pull. Some dealers may give you different options.

Reddragon816

Reaction score
I was referring to this post

Re: Warranty on a snow check that someone else checked
Originally Posted by snopro
Hey guys BRP changed the rules for 2014. If you buy a sled that was snowchecked by someone else or buy it used this winter DO NOT do a change of ownership! This will drop the unit down to 1 year warranty. BRP did this to curb the bogus snow checks that dealers were pushing through. I believe most dealers will warranty register a backed out snow check in the original owners name to save the programs as this makes the unit more attractive to prospective buyers however if they register it in the new owners name you will get only 1 year warranty. Make sure if you buy a leftover 2014 snowcheck you do not do a name change till March 31/14.

This is 100% correct. And further more to clarify the warrenty. It all depends on what the original snow checked contract was. When pre ordering last year the owner had the option of an extra year warrenty to equal 4yrs OR an E start. OR, I believe it was ..$500 in accessories. But don't quote that number. I recieved all this info from my dealer after I purchased a 14 that I didn't check

Sent from my shoe phone

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was referring to this post

Re: Warranty on a snow check that someone else checked
Originally Posted by snopro
Hey guys BRP changed the rules for 2014. If you buy a sled that was snowchecked by someone else or buy it used this winter DO NOT do a change of ownership! This will drop the unit down to 1 year warranty. BRP did this to curb the bogus snow checks that dealers were pushing through. I believe most dealers will warranty register a backed out snow check in the original owners name to save the programs as this makes the unit more attractive to prospective buyers however if they register it in the new owners name you will get only 1 year warranty. Make sure if you buy a leftover 2014 snowcheck you do not do a name change till March 31/14.

This is 100% correct. And further more to clarify the warrenty. It all depends on what the original snow checked contract was. When pre ordering last year the owner had the option of an extra year warrenty to equal 4yrs OR an E start. OR, I believe it was ..$500 in accessories. But don't quote that number. I recieved all this info from my dealer after I purchased a 14 that I didn't check

Sent from my shoe phone
It was $200 accs as the program read but some dealers were topping that up to $500 to draw in more peeps.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to take an X model because mine isn't in yet. And they have quite a few that people backed out of. I am still waiting because he said that the X model wasnt checked in my name I would only get one year warenty. I plan on keeping it for more then a year. So I will wait for my SP to show up. He said way to many dealers were screwing the system and they were informed it was fraud if they were caught. This is what my sales guy told me.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cancritter dealer says 1 year machine..2nd&3rd year engine...this was a snowchecked unit and fella upgraded to a free ride

Is this a 14? If it is I think they are confused if this is a Summit model.

Is a 14 BCX 600..was a snowcheck.fella worked out deal with dealer for a 14 freeride...thus leaveing the BCX up for grabs which l wanted...right place right time..lucked out honestly

quote....It will have 1 year machine,2nd and 3rd year engine.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only reason I din,t go E-start is it add a little weight that you could do with out. Hopefully the pull starter works...lol Not a ton of weight,, but look how much people will spend on Carbon fiber trying to lose a few pounds.

Top Bottom