Warranty on a snow check that someone else checked

on the fence

Reaction score
Would anybody know if the warranty changes if you buy a snow checked sled that you did not snow check. I believe that a snow check is 4yrs.

B-Mac

Reaction score
No it doesnt change. It just stays under the name of the person who snowchecked it. I believe after 6 months you can change it so its in your name.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Would anybody know if the warranty changes if you buy a snow checked sled that you did not snow check. I believe that a snow check is 4yrs.

A snow check "can be 4 years" not "is 4 years". I only use the 3 year warranty and take another option. Normally, it is the electric start that I take.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dealer told me it drops to one year. alot of dealers are keeping them at 4 yrs but aparently its not policy and you could end up hooped trying to get service at another dealer? i duno?

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the sled keeps its warranty. I bought mine used and they said the sled has the warranty no matter what. Doesn't matter who owns it as long as you transfer it when you buy it to be under your name

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A snow check "can be 4 years" not "is 4 years". I only use the 3 year warranty and take another option. Normally, it is the electric start that I take.

Interesting....so, you can take 2, 3 or 4 years of warranty or extra options instead of the warranty? What does a year of warranty cost you?

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I called brp and they said that my 13 x I bought off a guy that backed out has the 3 yr on it no matter what so thats good enough for me, my dealer said the same

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a snowcheck this year. Cause I didn't snowcheck it it only has 3 years.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm fella tha l got mine offa snowchecked his and upgraded to a free ride through dealer...wonder what kinda warrentee they'll give me..pickit up in2 weeks woot

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dealer you bought the sled from might give you the 4 year warranty. But if your out on a trip and your sled brakes down and you take it to another dealer they might not want to give you the warranty.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys BRP changed the rules for 2014. If you buy a sled that was snowchecked by someone else or buy it used this winter DO NOT do a change of ownership! This will drop the unit down to 1 year warranty. BRP did this to curb the bogus snow checks that dealers were pushing through. I believe most dealers will warranty register a backed out snow check in the original owners name to save the programs as this makes the unit more attractive to prospective buyers however if they register it in the new owners name you will get only 1 year warranty. Make sure if you buy a leftover 2014 snowcheck you do not do a name change till March 31/14.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happens if you try to get warranty at another dealer? Maybe tell them you are dropping it off for a buddy? You would think most dealers wouldn't be pr..cks about this but you never know?

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm now this has me wonderin...gona have to send a email and find out where l stand..will post reply tommorow

motorheadracing

Reaction score
Hey guys BRP changed the rules for 2014. If you buy a sled that was snowchecked by someone else or buy it used this winter DO NOT do a change of ownership! This will drop the unit down to 1 year warranty. BRP did this to curb the bogus snow checks that dealers were pushing through. I believe most dealers will warranty register a backed out snow check in the original owners name to save the programs as this makes the unit more attractive to prospective buyers however if they register it in the new owners name you will get only 1 year warranty. Make sure if you buy a leftover 2014 snowcheck you do not do a name change till March 31/14.

This is 100% correct. And further more to clarify the warrenty. It all depends on what the original snow checked contract was. When pre ordering last year the owner had the option of an extra year warrenty to equal 4yrs OR an E start. OR, I believe it was ..$500 in accessories. But don't quote that number. I recieved all this info from my dealer after I purchased a 14 that I didn't check

Sent from my shoe phone

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I sold my 2013 snow check to a friend. That sled had 4 years warranty. Last year I sold my 2012 snow check to another friend. That sled had 3 year warranty.
Do these sleds both currently have warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I sold my 2013 snow check to a friend. That sled had 4 years warranty. Last year I sold my 2012 snow check to another friend. That sled had 3 year warranty.
Do these sleds both currently have warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using
Should have Devon. This is a new policy from BRP for 2014 models.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 3year warranty and a 200$ rebate. Guess the 4th year is only worth 200$... If I wind up owning this thing 4years there is NO way it woulds still be stock, so I choose the 200$ rebate

Top Bottom