Vegas NASCA

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going on march 3rd,Any advice from somebody who's been.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of beer. We went last year one day was plus 25 the next day it tried to snow so have some warm cloths on hand just encase........ Was a blast, we camped on the infield what a true red neck time it was.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Been three times now...best advice I can give you is pack your shorts, suntan lotion, and a snowsuit LOL

Been sunburned so bad I couldnt stand it, also been so cold we could hardly drink...

Down by the 'garage' there is a drink booth where they free-pour the drinks, you get way more than you pay for. Chicken wings in a bucket is a must do along with the Kraft Dinner booth (just to say you have).

Other best advice...Driving there blows! We drove to the race, went early, no big deal, but getting home was over 3 hours back to the strip. There is a bus that leaves from the Strip, and it runs through the military base missing all the traffic, or if you can afford it, arrange the helicopter, about 6 minutes from the track to the strip but around 400 bones each...

You will have a blast, its hillbilly heaven...Never felt so at home!!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I are planning a trip to the Coke 600 at Charlotte in May. Went to Richmond 2 years ago for the spring race. These events are an absolute blast.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there last year as well, take clothes for all conditions, we were in shorts at the track but later that evening it was pretty cool on the strip and had to change into pants. TAKE A BUS OR SHUTTLE to the track like Longhorn said, We took the bus from our hotel and were in and out in 45 minutes or less as the buses go thru the AFB, we talked to some who drove, 2-3 hours sitting in line ups several miles long. Had an awesome time, can't wait to go back again.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, I wore shorts and we sat on the top. Froze me arse off. Its a blast there. Lots of people and thngs to see. We borrowed the ear sets from some good peeps from Vegas. I thought it was pretty cool. You can here what the drivers and the crews are saying. Its a little pricey and you have to give a down payment. Maybe the other guys have a better opinion on them. I listened to it for about 5 min. We took the shuttle, still a long wait and a long ride. Heard driving takes longer, as mentioned above. Food and drink is priced as you would think. If you want memorabilia, its all there in 50ft trailers. Lots of free stuff that sponsors hand out. Would go again in a heart beat!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
You guys will have a blast. Only other suggestion, is earplugs...We always sit in the Dale Earnhart section across from the pits, up higher it isnt bad but last year we were in the front row and we had to buy them on site. VERY LOUD!! First lap at speed, it blew our caps right off our heads LOL

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if possible go on friday for qualifying,all the cool free stuff and lots of interactive stuff to play with and very little people,saturday and sunday its a zoo,and yes take the bus,done both and the bus is quicker,the last time we move down front and watched legend car racing and drank more beer,went out to the bus and walked right on.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is nascar the one that the go round an round....i could be an announcer there

"here they come down the stretch wait for it, wait for it.......another left turn folks....i bet i know what their gonna do at the other end of the track..... u guessed it another left turn....but it was a beauty"

Just playin, i think it would be cool to c

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"here they come down the stretch wait for it, wait for it.......another left turn folks....i bet i know what their gonna do at the other end of the track..... u guessed it another left turn....but it was a beauty"

Thats the beauty of it. They just go round and round and round. easy to follow when hammered!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't really say that iam a big fan of it as I've never sat and actually watched a race, but I think it would be cool to see once

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Like everyone said - Dress for both winter and summer.
We flew a few years back, went to Friday night - Was great.
Purchased pit passes - Was great.
Attend world of outlaws - Was great.
Eat and drank wayyyy toooo much - Was great
Used the bus system to attend - Works great\
Even the wifey (who could care less about motorsports) thought it was great.
Vegas NASCAR is an awesome event to attend

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our branch manager went last year. doo the ride along the day before i think it is. him and his wife, who could care less about racing, said it was insane. even if you were just ridin. have fun.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
our branch manager went last year. doo the ride along the day before i think it is. him and his wife, who could care less about racing, said it was insane. even if you were just ridin. have fun.

Day after the race, Monday, and yes, it is a super wild kick in the pants. You have to do the ride along before you can drive so thats what I did...needed new shorts first lap, by the third, they likely had to burn that car LOL

Attachments

• IMG00021-20110110-1951.jpg
    IMG00021-20110110-1951.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 125

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you really want to see a hillbilly nascar event. Need to go to dega, Talledaga! There is close to 250,000 people for the sunday race. The track is in the middle of no where usa. Couple hrs from Atlanta GA or Birmingham AL. Pretty much everybody camps there, showers are like 5bucks. The infield is a hoot. Seen a dumb state trooper dump is harley, that was sur funny. Lots of boobs flying around. Rode in a car @ Daytona, the high banks @ 170mph was the $h!t. I noticed the tach wasnt @ 9500rpm, told the guy hammer down, he just smiled. There limited to that speed with a passenger. Have a good time, yes it gets boring after couple hrs. Unless there is alot of passing or crashing.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thought the same thing until I watched a live race. Way better than watching on tv. Only thing good about watching it at home is you can stretch out on the couch and snooze until the last 20 laps...

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
If you really want to see a hillbilly nascar event. Need to go to dega, Talledaga! There is close to 250,000 people for the sunday race. The track is in the middle of no where usa. Couple hrs from Atlanta GA or Birmingham AL. Pretty much everybody camps there, showers are like 5bucks. The infield is a hoot. Seen a dumb state trooper dump is harley, that was sur funny. Lots of boobs flying around. Rode in a car @ Daytona, the high banks @ 170mph was the $h!t. I noticed the tach wasnt @ 9500rpm, told the guy hammer down, he just smiled. There limited to that speed with a passenger. Have a good time, yes it gets boring after couple hrs. Unless there is alot of passing or crashing.

Now that sounds like real entertainment.
:beer::beer::eek::beer::beer:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of extra stuff you can do there Scott, my advice is do some research into what turns your crank. If I was to do it again I would have gone early with pit passes and got a little closer to the action before the race. It's a rush to see up close and personal for the first time. Everybody else is right about the busses or shuttles, we took a cab there which was quick and easy to get there but waited in line for two plus hours to get a cab back. I would pack some headache pills, race fuel can get to you and the noise level is high. We rented head phones so you could here the drivers talking which was cool but there again the line up to return them can be long. Enjoy, I did.

Top Bottom