Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll buy the beer for the canucks stanley cup victory party :d

Couldn't even score a goal on the rangers......

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? So having the Sedin's, Kesler, Burrows, Malhotra, Raymond, Hamhuis, Ballard, Edler, Luongo and Schneider locked up beyond this year means they're gonna have to rebuild? Think about what you said there and then try to back it up.

By the way, the Red Wings game was one of the Canucks worst games all year. It looked like they saw a beat up Detroit team and figured they'd walk all over them. On top of that, Howard looked like a young Patrick Roy. If not for him, the Canucks would have run away with that game. Not to take anything away from Detroit, but, healthy or not, the Red Wings vs. Canucks games are going to be close either way. These are the two top teams in the league and it will be one of them in the finals.

I stand by what I said, all the players you mentioned are at their prime. Next year means one year older, one year slower. Look at the Flames, having a bunch of comfortable players locked up has done them a lot of good. If your Canucks don't win this year, it will start to go down hill from there, and you will be back to team your used to watching.

Trench:smiliestirthepot:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree with you there, that a problem in the current NHL. Not so easy to deal a mid aged vet as it once was.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
agree with you there, that a problem in the current nhl. Not so easy to deal a mid aged vet as it once was.

true dat!!!

But lotsa god kids comin' up through the ranks everywhere.....i think the average age of the players will drop over the next few years, and the average length of a players career will be shortened over the next few years too....... What y'all think?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true dat!!!

But lotsa god kids comin' up through the ranks everywhere.....i think the average age of the players will drop over the next few years, and the average length of a players career will be shortened over the next few years too....... What y'all think?

lol can we start that this year in calgary

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well since he can't clear waivers and where ever he goes edmonton has to foot the bill, he can come shovel my drive way.

Oh and Van downs Washington tonight 4-2. Good work boys.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wild over nucks 4-0. Good job Wild. Tough road trip that shouldn't have been so hard.

zduck14

Reaction score
I stand by what I said, all the players you mentioned are at their prime. Next year means one year older, one year slower. Look at the Flames, having a bunch of comfortable players locked up has done them a lot of good. If your Canucks don't win this year, it will start to go down hill from there, and you will be back to team your used to watching.

Trench:smiliestirthepot:

So of the guys I mentioned, only 4 of them are 30 or older. The Sedin's and Malhotra are 30 and Luongo is 31. How on earth are they going to magically slow down at 31 years old? The rest of them are 26,29,25,28,28,24 and 24. Yes, these guys are ancient........:eek:

P.S. The Sedin's style of play doesn't rely on speed, therefore they will likely be able to dominate longer than most superstars.

On top of all this, the Canucks have one of the top minor league systems in the game right now. Cody Hodgson, Jordan Schroeder, Sergei Shirokov, Anton Rodin and Billy Sweatt all make up a tremendous forward group. On the back end, there are potential stars like Kevin Connauton, Yann Sauve, Chris Tanev and Patrick McNally along with an under-the-radar goalie in Eddie Lack. Honestly? The future has never been brighter in Vancouver.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might be better then ever, but they've never won the cup so that doesn't say much!!

Say whatever you want.....they have no chance at the cup.

zduck14

Reaction score
It might be better then ever, but they've never won the cup so that doesn't say much!!

Say whatever you want.....they have no chance at the cup.

Is it safe to assume that, seeing as you're from Edmonton, you probably figure the Oilers still have a shot at the Cup?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that, seeing as you're from Edmonton, you probably figure the Oilers still have a shot at the Cup?

I'd put money on the oilers winning the cup long before the canucks and I know the oilers ain't making the playoffs.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a strong statement to say because someone has never won the cup, they can never win the cup. There was a time when edmonton had never won a cup. At some point their was a time when every team has never won a cup.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a strong statement to say because someone has never won the cup, they can never win the cup. There was a time when edmonton had never won a cup. At some point their was a time when every team has never won a cup.

lol and it took the oilers four years to win a cup not forty

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at the Flames, having a bunch of comfortable players locked up has done them a lot of good.

Seemed to work for them old, washed up Flames last night in Vancouver.:eek: The 2011 Stanley Cup champs had better start learning how to get on the boards and grind out some wins in the tough games. Play-off games are more often decided by the grinders picking up their game and the skilled players being willing to get dirty hands and bloody noses, than by dazzling open ice; All Star game type plays. Just sayin'. :smiliestirthepot:

Top Bottom