Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

crater

Reaction score
canucks have the same problem they have had for years they are too soft and suspect goaltending when it counts ... name one game that louongo has actually stolen a win in the playoffs

Agreed

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a Canucks fan yet, just that I may need to convert have not done so yet lol.....

zduck14

Reaction score
canucks have the same problem they have had for years they are too soft and suspect goaltending when it counts ... name one game that louongo has actually stolen a win in the playoffs

So his playoff debut, a quadruple OT 72 save performance against Dallas doesn't count? And the same with only giving up 5 goals in 4 games to sweep the St. Louis Blues?

As for the soft comment, apparently you haven't seen the Canucks play at all this year. Guys like Kesler, Malhotra, Torres, Glass, Volpatti, Bolduc, Bieksa, Ballard, Alberts, and Hamhuis are definitely all push overs. I realize they don't all fight, but really? Soft? Even the Sedin's are proving they are far from soft this year. Speaking of soft, I suppose Stajan is well worth his $3.5 million "no-trade" contract and JOKEinen is the answer to all the Flamers struggles.:rolleyes:

This is a team that is sitting 1st overall in the league with 60 points through 41 games. Even coaches like Todd McLellan in San Jose have publicly said this Canucks team is the most complete team they've played in years. What I find amazing is that, despite seeing this team lose just 1 game in regulation in their last 21 (17-1-3), fans still don't seem to realize how good these guys are.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Detroit/Anarondack Red Wings limped in and pulled out a win over the totally healthy powerhouse Canunks. The road to the cup still goes thru Detroit for any team in the Western Conference.:d:d

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt the nukes look good. All lines are producing. And with a couple guys now not afraid to hit it makes things better. Lu has a new goalie coach and is learning to not lay down all the time and challenge standing his ground. Seems to be key this yr. Not to mention schneider is no slouch as a back up. I really like how kesler has stepped up. I believe he is 2-3 goals behind his career best and the seasons only half done

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shootout win is hardly a win. Both teams were pretty even.

The standings shows the truth

I agree. With the Wings missing; Datz, Cleary, Modano, Stuart, Filly ........the teams were pretty even, and the Nucks managed to hold on and get a point.;):d:d

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shootout win is hardly a win. Both teams were pretty even.

The standings shows the truth

well its not a loss and they are one point behind...Detroit is old and have 6 good guys out of the line up.Van looks good but deep inside they have this inferiority complex that kills them when they come upon a strong competitor...i don,t think they will get past LA this yr

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
23 individuals tying for a cup in golf ????

It's a long shot, but still better odds than a stanley cup...

zduck14

Reaction score
Hopefully for you Canuck fans, it's this year, cause if it's not then your all probably lookin at another long stretch of dissapointment!!! But you should be used to it by now.

Really? So having the Sedin's, Kesler, Burrows, Malhotra, Raymond, Hamhuis, Ballard, Edler, Luongo and Schneider locked up beyond this year means they're gonna have to rebuild? Think about what you said there and then try to back it up.

By the way, the Red Wings game was one of the Canucks worst games all year. It looked like they saw a beat up Detroit team and figured they'd walk all over them. On top of that, Howard looked like a young Patrick Roy. If not for him, the Canucks would have run away with that game. Not to take anything away from Detroit, but, healthy or not, the Red Wings vs. Canucks games are going to be close either way. These are the two top teams in the league and it will be one of them in the finals.

zduck14

Reaction score
I agree. With the Wings missing; Datz, Cleary, Modano, Stuart, Filly ........the teams were pretty even, and the Nucks managed to hold on and get a point.;):d:d

If not for Jimmy Howard, the Canucks would have run away with that game. He made 4 huge saves to keep the game close.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canucks can't stand up in the playoffs against any kind of team that is physical, they just weather the storm during the season. Torres is one of the only ones who can play that type of game. And unless everyone plays like that, the ones that do will get beat up.

They got by detroit by luck, if they play them, it will be a complete blowout. Sedins are good players, but they can't be the top line to a stanley cup.

There is a reason they keep choking every year no matter how good they do in the regular season. Nothing will change this year.

Say what you want about the oilers but how many cups they have? And how close did they recently get? I'll take one game away from a cup over a bunch of seasons choking and not even getting to the finals.

ridehard1212

Reaction score
wow, thats all i can say.. lots of :realmad: albertons.. i would hate my life if i had to cheer for flame or oilers too!!! (at least oil are up and coming) but really? losing to chicago in 2nd round does not mean they will never win in the playoffs.. not sure if you albertons noticed but chicago went on to win the cup after they beat us and then loose half there team.. Also if playoffs were to start today chicago would not be in playoffs.. Nucks #1

HATERS!!!

zduck14

Reaction score
Alberta hockey fans are a kind of a joke really. They sit there and brag about winning a few Stanley Cups, how many years ago? They can't stand the fact the Vancouver is in first overall so they have to make up crap like "Sedins are good players, but they can't be the top line to a stanley cup" Give it up already. Henrik won the Art Ross AND Hart trophy last year because he was THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NHL!!!

What's even more pathetic is if you ask any Oiler or Flames fan, they'd likely take Hemsky or Iginla over either of the Sedin's.

"Say what you want about the oilers but how many cups they have? And how close did they recently get? I'll take one game away from a cup over a bunch of seasons choking and not even getting to the finals." Really? So one overachieved year with NO STANLEY CUP is worth 5-10 embarrassing, rebuilding years? I know I'd rather be a respectable, perennial playoff team than be the joke of the league and not be able to keep or attract players.

Top Bottom