Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
WOW.... way to overanylize the western canadian rivalries...and thier fan base...

And in fact the one game from a cup WAS much more fun than many 1st and 2nd round playoff exits...and in my opinion worth a few playoff-less seasons..

I did not live in Edmonton for the cups, so they are basically meaningless to me, I was a Montreal fan durring all of that...
The cup run was FREAKING AMAZING, the city was electrified, maybe you guys in Van will get to experience that thrill someday...

Until then....settle down....

Alberta hockey fans are a kind of a joke really. They sit there and brag about winning a few Stanley Cups, how many years ago? They can't stand the fact the Vancouver is in first overall so they have to make up crap like "Sedins are good players, but they can't be the top line to a stanley cup" Give it up already. Henrik won the Art Ross AND Hart trophy last year because he was THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NHL!!!

What's even more pathetic is if you ask any Oiler or Flames fan, they'd likely take Hemsky or Iginla over either of the Sedin's.

"Say what you want about the oilers but how many cups they have? And how close did they recently get? I'll take one game away from a cup over a bunch of seasons choking and not even getting to the finals." Really? So one overachieved year with NO STANLEY CUP is worth 5-10 embarrassing, rebuilding years? I know I'd rather be a respectable, perennial playoff team than be the joke of the league and not be able to keep or attract players.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta hockey fans are a kind of a joke really. They sit there and brag about winning a few Stanley Cups, how many years ago?

What's even more pathetic is if you ask any Oiler or Flames fan, they'd likely take Hemsky or Iginla over either of the Sedin's.

Ouch; dude not everyone in Alberta is an Oilers or Flames fan. But you are right about one thing; if the Wings made a trade I'd want Iginla or Kesler over either one of the Sedins. :beer:

zduck14

Reaction score

Ouch; dude not everyone in Alberta is an Oilers or Flames fan. But you are right about one thing; if the Wings made a trade I'd want Iginla or Kesler over either one of the Sedins. :beer:

You really need to watch the Sedin's play again. They're widely regarded as two of the top 10 players in the league. They're tied for 3rd in NHL scoring (3 points behind Stamkos with 2 games at hand) playing against the oppositions top defenders every night and are still on pace for 108 points each. On top of this, they are far from soft players. They take tremendous abuse every game and still come back for more. Henrik's 458 game ironman streak kind of speaks for itself. This is currently second to just Jay Bouwmeester, but let's face it, Bouwmeester is just a $6.68 million dollar pylon.

You'd actually take Iginla or Kesler over the HART and Art Ross Trophy winner?

ridehard1212

Reaction score

that is pretty awsome.. i love kesler.. and ingla is still good/ awsome in his day but with that salary u r looking at a bag of pucks or 6th round draft!!

u really dont understand how good the sisters are!!! and they are still getting better.. plus now with kesler lighting it up, other teams have to try to stop both lines.. dan and kesler are 3rd and 4th in scoring in nhl with 2 games in hand on sharp and stamkos!!! thats sick! oh and we are 3rd in goals against in the nhl.. pretty good for an offensive powerhouse!!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not at all saying that the twins aren't great players. I was saying that the Wings have enough offensive weapons to go head to head in an offensive pond hockey style game with anyboby. I just prefer solid 2 way players over pure offensive dynamite.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How good was san jose before in the regular season with all those good players to get knocked out first round? Nuff said. The second the regular season is over the stats don't matter. Players who didn't do anything all season turn out to be playoff stars.

Hope they like their little awards, because as long as they are in vancouver they ain't winning a cup.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How good was san jose before in the regular season with all those good players to get knocked out first round? Nuff said. The second the regular season is over the stats don't matter. Players who didn't do anything all season turn out to be playoff stars.

Hope they like their little awards, because as long as they are in vancouver they ain't winning a cup.

nuck fans are sounding like leaf fans more and more.....

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nuck fans are sounding like leaf fans more and more.....

CORRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Flames fans are regurgitated Maple Laughs fans! Ya gotta be as half ur team came from the azzpipe of Canada.

The Nucks are 1st overall & the leafs are??? maybe tied with the flamers.

Nice goalie rescue by Sutter last night!

So exactly what day does the golf course in Alberia open anyways? New years?

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Reaction score
Guzzly...Bet you a 40 that the Nuks DON'T win Lord Stanley's Mug this year :d

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guzzly...Bet you a 40 that the Nuks DON'T win Lord Stanley's Mug this year :d

im on that as well ...itll be like last where they will have a big party celebrating a first round win and then thats as far as they get ..

friggin party planners

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm, 'nucks win in shoot out to the "2nd last placed" team last nite....... Sounds like another beginning of the end for the canuckleheads???

And funny how the oilers beat them in regular time only a week ago mmmm.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im on that as well ...itll be like last where they will have a big party celebrating a first round win and then thats as far as they get ..

friggin party planners

Who wouldn't want a free 40? I'd take that bet to.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm, 'nucks win in shoot out to the "2nd last placed" team last nite....... Sounds like another beginning of the end for the canuckleheads???

The isles just finished beating Detroit and penguins. They may not have the record but they have great energy and they had a goalie who was on his game last night. Nucks all the way.

Top Bottom