Turbos and their crazy prices

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey you know somthing rucky you are right.. The other thing to be said about riding a smaller and more suited to the rider sled is the fact you actually learn how to ride!!! Any fool can point a sled at the hill hit the throttle and go straight up, that don't take skill. It takes skill to carve your way through the trees and then go over a hill or use a sled that you have to side hill and really ride it to get over the top.. Starting out on smaller sleds and making them go where you want is how you learn to be a good rider...

Last edited by a moderator:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you can put a 860 big bore kit on XP800 and make just over 170hp.. And they work really well.

170-20% elevation loss=136hp@elevation

M8 with 6 lbs. will be around 170-180 at elevation

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that owns a dealership he sells turbo's for like 3-4500 bucks, he's installed my turbo and gave it to me free because my family spend's so much money there

there is no kit available for a nytro under $6000+install.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xp800 turbo'd 10lbs boost 225hp at elavation..

M1000 turbo'd 10lbs boost approx 280hp.. 200+ftlbs torque..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is no kit available for a nytro under $6000+install.

If you go back like 2 pages sled head jr says that he got the turbo from the dealership for free cause his family spends so much money there.....?????????

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You loose power as you climb in elevation cause as you go up in elevation there are less oxygen particles in the air(air is thinner). Just like when the barometric pressure changes you'll make more or less power.. You make the most power at sea level.. That is why some aftermarket Cans loose power at elevation cause they are built for sea level. Wrong restriction in the can..

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You loose power as you climb in elevation cause as you go up in elevation there are less oxygen particles in the air(air is thinner). Just like when the barometric pressure changes you'll make more or less power.. You make the most power at sea level.. That is why some aftermarket Cans loose power at elevation cause they are built for sea level. Wrong restriction in the can..

I understand this....but are the numbers the other guy posted correct...i couldn't see a sled losing that much hp.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually it is amazing how much power you lose due to elevation..

Last edited by a moderator:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah now you are on the right track.. The reason that you have to jet is because of the change in the amount of oxygen in the air.. As you get up higher in elevation there is less oxygen so you need less fuel... Just like when it gets cold out the air gets more dense(more oxygen per square foot of air) so you have to jet up..

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah now you are on the right track.. The reason that you have to jet is because of the change in the amount of oxygen in the air.. As you get up higher in elevation there is less oxygen so you need less fuel... Just like when it gets cold out the air gets more dense(more oxygen per square foot of air) so you have to jet up..

Yeah...sooon i will have no worries...VARI-FLOW to come.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yah.. That should help..

hopefully, it sure was a pain in the a$$ to be burping the throttle all the way up the trail...it will also be nice around home for temp changes...especially so the sleds not running terribly rich in the spring.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i go ta vari flow on my rmk and it helps alot...only adjust it one or 2 clicks up top and runs like it did at the bottom

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Around that. I thought it was around 5 but like i said pretty close.. But if you have a turbo then it dosn't really apply.. Thats the beaty of those little hairdryers... Are you into logging in hinton?

Top Bottom