Turbos and their crazy prices

sledhead65

Reaction score
I hate to sound like a complainer, but isn't the pricing on rev, rt and xp turbos absolutley ridiculous, air box, piping and turbo for prices ranging from $6,000 to $6,400?? I think it is safe to assume they are not selling many.

What does a turbo for a rx1 cost, much more elaboratew system and the last i heard over a beer on the mountain was to the tune around 4k.. I understand r&d costs.. but geez that is nuts imo. i wanted to put one on my xp:rant:

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about an rx1, but an apex or nytro is around $8-10,000 out the door, most base kits are $6,500+

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the prices are rediculous too. If prices were around 3500-4000 I maybe more incline to buy one. Seen as I only want to keep the sled for two to three years at the most, its hard to justify that much into a new sled. In three years, the advancement in sleds will make me want to upgrade again.

sledhead65

Reaction score
wow...thats alot of cash to be putting into a machine
I have a 06 renegade rt1000 X i paid 17k for (tax in) and piped and canned and clutched and extro'd and big wheeled.. oh god i can go on.. about 22 to 23 k total now...so then i want turbo as well Ken at specialty wants 12,000 dollars for the twin turbo set up... i almost hit the floor what if a turbo fails are u to tell me a replacement turbo housing/vane assembly minus the piping is worth 3 to 4 grand... gimme a bloody break, how can they say these prices with a straight face.. who knows where these are made state side and by who.. i heard the name once i cant remember though i would love to see the mark up and possibly bring one back in my suit case when i go get another work entry visa in houston..any info would be great guys.

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 renegade rt1000 X i paid 17k for (tax in) and piped and canned and clutched and extro'd and big wheeled.. oh god i can go on.. about 22 to 23 k total now...so then i want turbo as well Ken at specialty wants 12,000 dollars for the twin turbo set up... i almost hit the floor what if a turbo fails are u to tell me a replacement turbo housing/vane assembly minus the piping is worth 3 to 4 grand... gimme a bloody break, how can they say these prices with a straight face.. who knows where these are made state side and by who.. i heard the name once i cant remember though i would love to see the mark up and possibly bring one back in my suit case when i go get another work entry visa in houston..any info would be great guys.

Go build one and let us know how it turns out. anyone who thinks guys are getting rich putting these kits together should really do their homework. lots of r&d plus minimal sales numbers doesn't = big profits.

JONESIN4SNOW

Reaction score
the name of the company that makes aerocharger turbos is HiPerformance Aerocharger 2.0 Turbocharger by HiPerformance. find the site get a dealer list and make some calls or see if you can buy direct from them .another way is on ebay .com (not ebay.ca) i saw apair of brand new fox floats on there for 600 bucks brand new which is a far cry from 1099 a certatin unnamed edmonton shop wants. dont be afraid to take advantage of a favorable exchange rate the retailers are.

sledhead65

Reaction score
the name of the company that makes aerocharger turbos is HiPerformance Aerocharger 2.0 Turbocharger by HiPerformance. find the site get a dealer list and make some calls or see if you can buy direct from them .another way is on ebay .com (not ebay.ca) i saw apair of brand new fox floats on there for 600 bucks brand new which is a far cry from 1099 a certatin unnamed edmonton shop wants. dont be afraid to take advantage of a favorable exchange rate the retailers are.

Thanks for the info i agree about the exchange rate, i bought a boat and saved a bundle, i saw the same shocks .. great deal,

With the tubo i wonder if a guy can get the dyno port pipe to work with it or not a si noticed a different flange leaving the pipe on Specialty's site

JONESIN4SNOW

Reaction score
:ignore::ignore:no doubt a turbo is a very involved mod but if you can find a kit south of the border for less and have it installed here wouldnt you?.

EDIT: After doing some digging around I have found that the prices down south are the same as here , the only way you would save money is if our dollar was worth at least 15% more . And the money saved would most likely be spent in shipping plus you dont have anyone close by if there was a problem you couldnt fix yourself. I hereby retract my previous statements I'll shut up now.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but the question at hand is if the price of a turbo kit is justified. I know I can't build it for the price that Boondocker, Synergy, MPI, MCX, or anybody else is blowem out for.

but with a turbo you dont need to do anything else to your sled but ride

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:Dyou mean nos with turbos?they use nos to get rid of the little lag from the turbo but is not needed after the turbos start a spinning lol:D

sledhead65

Reaction score
i was thinkin that too.. but if the nozzle was aimed at the vane (lingenfelter did that) it helped the spooling up time.. would be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the spool up time on my twin is not bad, i can easily play up a hill or boondock.
im waiting to see how my single turbo works on m new 800 xp for lag

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trust me if the right guy does the right turbo for you, save your money and dont even bother to lite weight or put any other mods on. this is more than enough,unless you got coconuts lol

sledhead65

Reaction score
i wonder if we can run dynport pipes with a turbo or are you stuck with the factory pipe?

are you running air filters on your intakes?

What kinda horsepower u getting now?

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty much straight pipe from the turbos,as for air box it comes with a crome air box before the carbs and only needs stock air box,HP can be turned up to 450HP but mine is set at 300 which is plenty for any hill climb.
im also 150-200 lbs lighter than those yamahas lol:D

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the price of the turbo its self must be around 1000 i was thinking for the 7g i could buy a nice welder and the tools needed to fab a kit.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the price of the turbo its self must be around 1000 i was thinking for the 7g i could buy a nice welder and the tools needed to fab a kit.

7200.00 and you can have a MCX turbo.

Top Bottom