Turbos and their crazy prices

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not just $$$$ for the turbo, you still need to remap you comp,need fuel pump and the expertise to install it right or it wont last long.most have oil bath's but mine has none so there is a reason they would cost a bit more,it's not just a turbo out of the wreckers lol.Besides im still waiting for something to try to pass mine up the hill.:D

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7200.00 plus tax and installation. that is everything inclusive mapping and riding down the trail.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty much straight pipe from the turbos,as for air box it comes with a crome air box before the carbs and only needs stock air box,HP can be turned up to 450HP but mine is set at 300 which is plenty for any hill climb.
im also 150-200 lbs lighter than those yamahas lol:D

Just curious...what does it sound like, I have yet to hear a two stroke turboo, if it's basically straight pipe it should sound awesome?:confused:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kits for cars go for quite a bit less but I think it must be due to sale numbers. There is a big price difference on MPI supercharges. MPI lists them for $5-$6k on thier web site but dealers up hear are quoting $7-8k!

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious...what does it sound like, I have yet to hear a two stroke turboo, if it's basically straight pipe it should sound awesome?:confused:

Its hard for me to hear but everbody tells me it sounds like a diesel truck turbo when she takes off

IPNYTRO

Reaction score
Whitecourt Yamha has out of the box 08 Nytro with MC EXPRESS TURBO for sale for $19499.00 plus gst.
Out of the box 08 Apex with MC EXPRESS TURBO for $22999.00 plus gst.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well a new rev or cat for about $13,000.00 plus $6,000.00 = 19,000.00 and - 200lbs for the same perfomance:D

Buster

Reaction score
Depends if you want your investment for the short term or buy Yammi and watch you investment grow year after year after year.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the turbo nytro's are going to take over the sledding videos that featured apex's this past year.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends if you want your investment for the short term or buy Yammi and watch you investment grow year after year after year.

I agree, Yammi is the way to go. Tugging the extra weight around and digging those tanks out while your friends are just sitting around and riding will surely increase your physical condioning enough to lounge around all summer and be ready for the next year of riding on the long lasting Yammie.:rollinglaugh::Cla::rolling:

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, Yammi is the way to go. Tugging the extra weight around and digging those tanks out while your friends are just sitting around and riding will surely increase your physical condioning enough to lounge around all summer and be ready for the next year of riding on the long lasting Yammie.:rollinglaugh::Cla::rolling:

That's just mean.:biglaugh:

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I could see a health nut liking a long time investment of tugging....pulling...:D
..lol

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The long term investment also stands for ,,you bought it your stuck with it lol.....my poor bud cant get rid of his new nitro..wonder why?

Buster

Reaction score
Will see what you have to say Twin Turbo when you go to sell you sled someday.:eek:

Top Bottom