Truck and trailer stolen out of valemount best western parking lot.

jamessavage

Reaction score
Just a little trick to help immobilize your truck and really slow up their escape, is to remove some important relays and fuses for circuits that are required for the vehicle to run. You won't be able to fire up from the room with your command start while sippin coffee but you will have your sh*t in the morning. Pulling the fuel pump relay out got me a few AMA sponsored rides home from the bar back in the day. This won't help against vandals and attempts but they would have to work for their prize at least, hopefully being noticed...and then taught a lesson.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about a master kill switch like the race cars have? Kills all power to everything. Hide it under the truck or hood. Or a switch to kill the fuel pump so an alarm can still be installed.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a different thought. A guy I work with bought a GPS device that mounts on your trailer. It can be live tracked from your smart phone so you can track these Mo Fo's!!! Even if they take it into a garage it will show last point of signal, right to the door of the chop shop!!! I think it was $400 ish and a fee to track each year. He uses it for his construction trailer / sled trailer.

Last edited:

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a titan gps tracker in my bobcat also, I could see when the machine started, stopped, where it was, etc from my I phone..cool feature forsure..

dwight3566

Reaction score
How about a battery disconect, which will kill all power, they are only about $20 bucks and about 1/2 hr to install. We use them at the mine and you can install it under the hood and just remove the key or you can get them where a clasp shuts and you can put a pad lock on them. (clasp and lock is a better idea as the keys a generic)

This could be bypassed if some one knew what they were doing, but they would have to break in to the truck then get the hood open and would have to have the right tools and Wiring / conectors / knowledge. Not something that could be done very quickly unless they were very familar this set up.

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
had a friends ford f 350 Harley stole this weekend with his new red/black xm in the back of it in Edmonton coming home from a trip at blue river. seems the 6.0l ford are very easy to steal from stories around my town. many stole right from the dealership to. keep your eyes out for it if ya could 2007 grey Harley Davidson edition f 350 with 2010 Harley rims. and a red and black xm. thanks.

Top Bottom