Thumbs up Best Western Valemount

Invalid Zero

Reaction score
Stayed at the Best Western Valemount this weekend. Saturday night around 7PM after riding, a guy came in from Prince George to buy a sled from me. He had left his truck running near my truck and as we were going over the sled in the trailer the hotel maintenance guy popped his head in not 5 minutes later. Asked what we were doing and what room I was staying in. I'm sure he checked the room number against my truck plate on his way back in.

Just wanted to give a shout out. I was really impressed that they would go outside and check on trailers and not just rely on the gates and cameras. :clapping:

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I locked my trailer keys inside my trailer after locking the man door at the end of a long day. We pulled up to the hotel and parked and the rest of my group bailed out and went upstairs threw the back door. I walked up to the front and told them that I had done what I had and asked if maybe they had a set of bolt cutters. The promptly paged a maintainace man who brought bolt cutters and handed them over for me to go outside and cut locks on a trailer in the parking lot. Not one question was asked about who I was or what room I was in. For all they knew I was not even a guest. I found this very disturbing!

I guess we all of our good days and our bad ones too.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I locked my trailer keys inside my trailer after locking the man door at the end of a long day. We pulled up to the hotel and parked and the rest of my group bailed out and went upstairs threw the back door. I walked up to the front and told them that I had done what I had and asked if maybe they had a set of bolt cutters. The promptly paged a maintenance man who brought bolt cutters and handed them over for me to go outside and cut locks on a trailer in the parking lot. Not one question was asked about who I was or what room I was in. For all they knew I was not even a guest. I found this very disturbing!

I guess we all of our good days and our bad ones too.

Haha. You must look honest :p

It sorta looks like you guys were checked in so I imagine they knew exactly who you were. If not, you would be the world's worst thief and they wanted to see how far you would go. I have helped complete strangers before and I imagine you have as well.

Looks like they are vigilant now.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. You must look honest :p

It sorta looks like you guys were checked in so I imagine they knew exactly who you were. If not, you would be the world's worst thief and they wanted to see how far you would go. I have helped complete strangers before and I imagine you have as well.

Looks like they are vigilant now.

I would like to think that I do take enough pride in life and myself so as that I do not come off as some low life crook lol, but they had no idea who I was. We were parked close to the highway in the overflow and when I walked up to the desk I was not wearing gear or carrying any bags with me. I walked up in plain clothes and just flat out asked for bolt cutters to cut the locks on my trailer as I had locked the keys inside. There were no questions at all. Maybe it was just a bad day for them, but in my group that day has left a lasting impression on their "secure parking lot" although we were out of the fenced area lol. None the less we have and will stay again. Gps trackers and a keen eye are always the best bet anyways. Security is what you make it

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to think that I do take enough pride in life and myself so as that I do not come off as some low life crook lol, but they had no idea who I was. We were parked close to the highway in the overflow and when I walked up to the desk I was not wearing gear or carrying any bags with me. I walked up in plain clothes and just flat out asked for bolt cutters to cut the locks on my trailer as I had locked the keys inside. There were no questions at all. Maybe it was just a bad day for them, but in my group that day has left a lasting impression on their "secure parking lot" although we were out of the fenced area lol. None the less we have and will stay again. Gps trackers and a keen eye are always the best bet anyways. Security is what you make it
You may have been on camera right after you parked. After you kicked the trailer tire in Disgust they decided to give you the cutters, no questions asked LOL

Top Bottom