trouble spots

crts_lmbrt6

Reaction score
I'm heading up to mcbride next thursday and i hear there is alot of guys going up this weekend i would just like to know if there is anything to watch out for on the way up to the renshaw. i have a little brother and this is his first trip to the mountains and i remember my first time up there and those little creeks as your headin up were really bad before the groomer set out. Just want to make sure my brother can make it up with relative ease so he can come to love mountain riding as much as me.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good going Guy. Taking your younger brother to the hills. I wish my brother did that. Now take it easy on him as you know it may be a little tricky first time out for the year. Let him ride at his pace and you will have a riding partner for life.

.08rider

Reaction score
there is a lot of creek crossings after mile 21 and some are fairly deep, go as Glen says at his pace and you will be fine.There were some young guys up there on Saturday, but be careful the whole way even down low there are some tunnel benders! As always though the trail is worth the prize at the end. I have seen this trail in way worse condition even when paying for a trail pass for grooming? Have fun and ride safe, get him hooked young and he will be a great addition to this awsome sport.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also at km 11 there is water over the road so be very careful there. Went through on Fri and Sat and seems to be about 12-18" deep. Have a small trail to the ditch side but abit tricky for a new rider as it is very icy. Hope to try and devert water by way of snow built wall, will try that on Wed. when I go up to repair hole in floor of cabin. If you want me to ride along to make sure you make it let me know, don't mind at all. Will also let you know if the snow wall idea works. Barry-Mountain Haven B&B

Last edited:

crts_lmbrt6

Reaction score
i would also like to know if the is any really bad spots around the cabin for avalanches

Top Bottom