Tree riding Part I

sledhead2010

Reaction score
I'll never get that 3 mins back! Wow they are made to ride not walk!

I enjoyed the video myself, but how about if you get a hold of ferniesnow and have him take you out for a ride, either way it will be a win win situation for the rest of us, we'll either be treated to some great riding by you or some great crash and other carnage video footage. :D

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree it does look fairly steep from the tree angles, but personally, id just throw some belts over then skis and do it in reverse....i mean it takes two seconds, the polaris dont even beep in reverse so no one would no the difference!!!!! boom the belts are off and you look like a hero that just came back from 'nam!!!!!
respect to fernie snow for having the balls to post a vid like this knowing the keyboard jockies would rip it to shreds. whatever gets ya home at the end of the day is always the best plan of attack in my eyes......
saying that, if i was you FS and polarice i would go to a nice steep OPEN hill and practising flopping it on its side to control your decent, really isnt that hard and sure comes in handy in situations like that!!!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree it does look fairly steep from the tree angles, but personally, id just throw some belts over then skis and do it in reverse....i mean it takes two seconds, the polaris dont even beep in reverse so no one would no the difference!!!!! boom the belts are off and you look like a hero that just came back from 'nam!!!!!
respect to fernie snow for having the balls to post a vid like this knowing the keyboard jockies would rip it to shreds. whatever gets ya home at the end of the day is always the best plan of attack in my eyes......
saying that, if i was you FS and polarice i would go to a nice steep OPEN hill and practising flopping it on its side to control your decent, really isnt that hard and sure comes in handy in situations like that!!!!!

belts over ski's.... how does that help? not being smart just cant visulaze it,,,

yes I have used reverse works awesome coming down especialy if its staright.....

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell ya what let me use ur sled and ill take it down there no worries :d:d

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wussys thanks for the painful three minutes! come on bro (jhonnie t) old trick belt over skis real old boys used chains slows ya down on the steep decents not everyone likes gluin it downhill i guess

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Yeehaw that certainly was easy from this side of the keyboard!!!!! Kudo's to you guys for following FS!!! Great video Doug. I enjoy all the efforts you bring to the table keep up the good work!! LOL Polarice will anyone else let you ride their sled down there...not too many takers now I imagine? Where's part deux????

Jan

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wussys thanks for the painful three minutes! come on bro (jhonnie t) old trick belt over skis real old boys used chains slows ya down on the steep decents not everyone likes gluin it downhill i guess
I used to carry chains(i am real old) that I could put over both skis for desents like that. Works good jhonnie t, try it you will have to gas it to go downhill. Old belt is even more drag.
Been through a few trips like that and worse when the ropes and pulleys have to come out. Glad you guys got em down without a wreck... what ever works.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm old to. Lol. I remember carrying chains as well and they work. Then someone said lighter is better and we dropped them and just ride out of control downhill. But we are lighter now......

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone had fun? Yes So whats the problem. Thats all that matters.

P.S. Been there and know what you guys were looking at!! Not the best place to take the chance if unsure!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm old to. Lol. I remember carrying chains as well and they work. Then someone said lighter is better and we dropped them and just ride out of control downhill. But we are lighter now......

haha The chains I had were in the storage compartment of a sled I rode over a cliff and totaled off when I was younger. I never bothered to get another set.... I changed my riding habits instead. Part of being old I guess

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also helps if you don't lock up the track.. Powerslides... WTF.;.

I'm sure it was steep, but ride 'er man.. LOL

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell ya what let me use ur sled and ill take it down there no worries :d:d

its a deal, and id be right behind you on yours!!!! thought those pros were all about that kinda riding???? doesnt buying one make you as good as burandt???? wheres the "flickablity" when ya need it eh!!!
im not trying to be a dick, im just saying, being able to control your decent in the trees on one ski is damn good tool to have in the bag. and practice makes perfect, so why not practice it next time you go ride, its a fun as hell manover as well....super cool feeling floating down the hill sideways with your sled at idle.throw in some trees and i guarntee your heart will be pumping!!!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It's rather interesting to read all the comments. Someone rode their sled down (if you didn't notice in the video) and after that it was a judgement call for the conditions as we saw it. Although my wife still says, "I think I could have rode my sled down, don't ya' think!"

Enyways, videos are all about enjoyment, numbers and advertising. This "Tree riding in the Kootenays" has 577 views and in comparison the MMV video only has 439 and it is a month old already. So someone has enjoyed it and I have fun making them and taking the clips.

As dpolack, "everyone had fun?" and my answer to that was "you betcha......."

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a deal, and id be right behind you on yours!!!! thought those pros were all about that kinda riding???? doesnt buying one make you as good as burandt???? wheres the "flickablity" when ya need it eh!!!
im not trying to be a dick, im just saying, being able to control your decent in the trees on one ski is damn good tool to have in the bag. and practice makes perfect, so why not practice it next time you go ride, its a fun as hell manover as well....super cool feeling floating down the hill sideways with your sled at idle.throw in some trees and i guarntee your heart will be pumping!!!!!

sidehill down...fun as ch!t! fave move on the hill!

but even if your good at it...this can happen...lol

to see just how steep it is...look at the trees in the back ground...this side hill was STEEP...

Top Bottom