Trails around Grande Prairie

atvman123

Reaction score
I just moved to Grande Prairie from Newfoundland and was wondering if there is any good atv trails or sand dunes close by.

Thanks

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just moved to Grande Prairie from Newfoundland and was wondering if there is any good atv trails or sand dunes close by.

Thanks

Welcome to the site,

You can play around south of camp tamarack at the community sand pit,.. and quad down to the bottom from there. Then head east from the bottom pit about 1 mile, past the far east gravel pit, then across the highway to the east dune above Weyhauser.

I unload there because it's usually crowded at the far east dunes,.. and it makes for a longer trail ride,..

If you wanna hit some other trails you can head towards Ainsworth south across the Wapiti bridge about 10miles. I don't know those trails but someone else on here does, can't remember who.

I started a topic here whenever I go quading, or if someone else does to post up where they are headed and when.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f26/awty-gp-quading-thread-28338.html

koda9192

Reaction score
That would be me. If you drop off at the sand hil about a mile before Ainsworth you will see a bunch of trails heading east into the bush, anyone of them will take you to the powerline and from there there are lots of trails that take you off the powerlne and into the big mountain area, just explore and if you get lost just hit a road and head west and you will end up back at the highway.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be me. If you drop off at the sand hil about a mile before weyerhauser you will see a bunch of trails heading east into the bush, anyone of them will take you to the powerline and from there there are lots of trails that take you off the powerlne and into the big mountain area, just explore and if you get lost just hit a road and head west and you will end up back at the highway.

You mean Ainsworth

Top Bottom