Trail Tech

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone add a security strap to a trail Tech guage ... thinking of epoxying an attachment point to the back of it to add a back up attachment strap around the bars in case it gets dislodged from the holder ...
Wondering if epoxy or super glue baking soda / fibre matrix would bond best?

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can lock them in. They come with a small allen key to lock the release button.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you can lock it in but would be nice to have second attachment point like with most GPS units ...sled has a habit of being upside down more often than not ...

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant argue with being concerned about losing it. But, they do stay in place during some pretty aggressive activities.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your concerned can you put those beacon things that people put on there lost luggage so they can find it later or is it not that accurate?

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have several of these in our riding group, and the lock in cradles that we use are pretty solid. If you dislodge these from the machine it would have to smoke something pretty solid and most likely the unit would be toast anyway. if you are really worried should be able to tie any kinda strap to them

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep...lack of charge port was disappointing too ...would be most helpful if you could pop it off in the evening and top off charge before riding ...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What sled is everyone wanting to mount this on? Its very easily wired in on a G5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
if trailtech put on a simple port that you could use your usb on the computer and transfer ride files and charge it at the same time. That would be far too smart.

I sent mine off for warranty almost two months ago and haven’t gotten it back yet. The pins got corroded and they got stuck in the base and wouldn’t connect. And the button rubber cracked on the one button.

From day one my temperature sensor didn’t read anything below 7°C. So in one season, I had three issues.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m putting mine on my Khaos as I didn’t order with a 7s. There is an aux power port right by the hood plug. Uses a 2 pin metripac avail at most auto supply places.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris has a ride command app you can install on a smart phone. You can add a group and track each other. As long as the folks in your group have it installed as well. I have not used the group feature as of yet. Did use it to track myself and check my tracks.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if trailtech put on a simple port that you could use your usb on the computer and transfer ride files and charge it at the same time. That would be far too smart.

I sent mine off for warranty almost two months ago and haven’t gotten it back yet. The pins got corroded and they got stuck in the base and wouldn’t connect. And the button rubber cracked on the one button.

From day one my temperature sensor didn’t read anything below 7°C. So in one season, I had three issues.
They should just have a one piece unit. Any vibration really wears the pins

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris has a ride command app you can install on a smart phone. You can add a group and track each other. As long as the folks in your group have it installed as well. I have not used the group feature as of yet. Did use it to track myself and check my tracks.

Yes, but the buddy tracking feature only works if you and everyone else in the group have cell phone service…not very practical in the backcountry.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your wanting to use a trail tech without a sled that has a battery, your will need to wire up a small aux battery. I have been using the ones in the pick below. I get the 12v kit from doo, then splice the TT power cord into the charge line. its a little bulky, but all fits under the factory gauge on the G5.

battery pack.jpg

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What’s the part number for the battery? My alpha doesn’t have a battery and I charged it every night and most of the time it made it through the day. I was wanting to put a battery on it. But does the sled’s 12v charge the battery while you ride or did you completely disregard trying to hook power up to the GPS from the sled?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the buddy tracking feature only works if you and everyone else in the group have cell phone service…not very practical in the backcountry.
I have rode multiple different places around Revy and it never missed a beat. Tracking me.

Top Bottom