Trail Tech

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ideally, the add-on Trailtech gauge would be powered by a commercial off the shelf USB battery pack (like people use to charge their cellphones). This is the cheapest and most universal method of battery power.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ideally, the add-on Trailtech gauge would be powered by a commercial off the shelf USB battery pack (like people use to charge their cellphones). This is the cheapest and most universal method of battery power.
Most aren't overly water proof when they are in use. USB ports corrode in a hurry when you mix charging and moisture.
it breaks my heart to say this but could a guy buy a 7S guage and just put power too it?
If they had something like this available, I might buy in to it. I'm just not overly impressed by the 2018 model they sell as their flagship product.

Doos 10.25 display knocks it out of the park in terms of the actual display and form factor. Having a huge map display take up 3/4 of the screen and still having room for critical gauges is fantastic. Just needs the mapping software and compatible buddy tracking capabilities built in to really be worth anything.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it breaks my heart to say this but could a guy buy a 7S guage and just put power too it?
Riding buddy did that all last season. 7S from his wrote off boost velcro'd to the the dash of his doo. Worked just fine.
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 10.11.01 PM.png

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that having it fully charged before riding will not do much for you. You need some form of back up battery wired in. I have installed and rigged in over a dozen of these and they work. Im sure there are other options, but this is the one i prefer. With this system you dont have another battery to worry about at the end of the day.
That's what I figured ...will likely add a small battery to provide power to the TT and let the sled charge the battery ...being able to leave it on and connected all day is the goal so even when stopped / stuck everyone is still locked on.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gauge is pretty integrated with the sled so either it woould work just for gps/buddy tracking or it would continue to pop codes all over the screen and drive you nuts. The antenna and a battery would need mounting/wiring too.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone with TT aux battery installations ..looking for ideas as to what worked best / easiest / lasts long enough for day sledding ...
Example - cordless tool battery and charge overnight ...or usb type cell power bank ....or small sled battery charged when sled is on (maybe lifep04 type) ....

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone with TT aux battery installations ..looking for ideas as to what worked best / easiest / lasts long enough for day sledding ...
Example - cordless tool battery and charge overnight ...or usb type cell power bank ....or small sled battery charged when sled is on (maybe lifep04 type) ....

Milwaukee 12v power supply. Not wired to sled at all. One battery lasted all day. Unhook it at end of the day and bring it into hotel to charge.

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 54

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee 12v power supply. Not wired to sled at all. One battery lasted all day. Unhook it at end of the day and bring it into hotel to charge.
Perfect - great to hear ....easy solution tks

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Ok maybe a stupid question but how do you hook unto the milwaukee battery? Do you have an adapter?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have a few chargers and battery packs that fit nicely under the stock gauge. PM me if your interested.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12v Makita batteries and holders arrived today just in time ...

Now just need a new screen ...
Got jammed between a tree and the brake line nut on the reservoir on today's ride ... TT doesn't sell a replacement screen so guess I'm going to have to take it apart and match one up on Amazon
20ab6b3b09de086379699bb866acf8d7.jpg

FanaticalKilla

Reaction score
12v Makita batteries and holders arrived today just in time ...

Now just need a new screen ...
Got jammed between a tree and the brake line nut on the reservoir on today's ride ... TT doesn't sell a replacement screen so guess I'm going to have to take it apart and match one up on Amazon
20ab6b3b09de086379699bb866acf8d7.jpg

Maybe part out a complete kit? That sucks!

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TT checking to see what they can do ...

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Order the aluminum case. They can be found on Ebay cheaper than from Trailtech. Should help with that in the future.

Top Bottom