Torpy/Mcgregor area 2013/2014 riding conditions

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Last weekend had little to no snow on the burn. A couple people tried and are now repairing there sleds.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know snow level in torpy ?...thinking of going this weekend possibly

Dsoicher

Reaction score
Still needs more snow. Burn was looking like Jackson Hole hill climb with some logs thrown in for fun. Trail isn't being groomed either.

Edit: Trail has not yet been groomed. Not sure if they plan on grooming this year

Last edited:

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still needs more snow. Burn was looking like Jackson Hole hill climb with some logs thrown in for fun. Trail isn't being groomed either.

thanks for the update. Think I'll wait for another snow dump.

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score

Edit: Trail has not yet been groomed. Not sure if they plan on grooming this year

Hello, you should attend the PGSC meetings so you would know what "they" are planning to groom this year and the schedule.
The club needs diesel for the groomer, any volunteers?
Any ideas on how "they" can raise some money to buy parts and diesel this year?
"They" have 35 members so far this year, so that doesn't look very good for you.

Dsoicher

Reaction score
Hello, you should attend the PGSC meetings so you would know what "they" are planning to groom this year and the schedule.
The club needs diesel for the groomer, any volunteers?
Any ideas on how "they" can raise some money to buy parts and diesel this year?
"They" have 35 members so far this year, so that doesn't look very good for you.

Hello, I said not sure because I was not sure.

I was a member of the club last year and intend on being one again this year. In fact just yesterday I was encouraging a customer to join the club.

It is difficult to make it to the meetings with my work schedule but I did have the Dec 17th meeting in my calendar. But if this is how inviting "they" will be maybe I will just pay my $75 and not bother showing up.

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
Oh come on.
We have pizza and a beverage at the clubhouse every meeting....
Speak up we need some more volunteers and ideas to raise money, and get a united and massive membership to push back at what has been done in BC to the snowmobile community.
Maybe you can speak nicer than me. When ever I see anyone refer to our pitiful membership leaders as "they" it makes me mad, sorry about that. It isn't "they", it is our people. Take some ownership! Saying "they" is how we lost the mountain access. Those were our mountains, and now we are the only people in the world who can not go there.

Thanks for your membership and trying get a few more on board.

Dsoicher

Reaction score
Pizza and beer is a good way to get me to attend!

Sorry if I took your comment the wrong way. I know a few of the people running the club fairly well, great people working hard for our cause. I did not mean to use "they" in a bad sense. Just meant that I am not one of the people responsible for grooming. I do clean up and stock the Torpy cabin with firewood a couple times a year though. Needs a new handrail soon...

Anyway, see you out there! Saw some pictures from the other day that looked good but I bet the burn still sucks. Hope the rain doesn't get up too high.

driller

Reaction score
here are a couple of ideas
have the membership cost more like 20-25 dollars
set up a information booth at different dealerships on say a friday or saturday promoting club membership and what that will do for them
have a donation box for groomer fees with a information sheet showing the cost of diesel to groom the various area's

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
In Ontario a membership costs about $250/ year.
I don't know how they enforce it, but they sign up thousands of members in each club across Quebec and Ontario.
In BC the clubs are all insured for the volunteer workers and directors insurance policy under a provincial umbrella policy, either through ABC Snow or the BCSF organization. Each membership sold starts out with a base price of about $45 or $50.
So for us to sell you a membership for $25.00, we would have have a bake sale or something to raise the rest of the money for your membership.
Come out to the next meeting next week and you can start a conversation around how we could function at less than the cost to carry insurance.
We also have to insure various club assets like the groomer, cabins, clubhouse and pay the utilities and whatever comes up in a year of operations.
I think the quilters guild down town charges $40.
Do you know of any society operating in BC that has a $25 membership?

Last edited:

driller

Reaction score
ok good now we are understanding some of the costs of running the club.
It is good to have the information on what membership cost covers
never been asked at any dealership if i wanted to join the club or information about it
have bought parts and clothes from all dealerships in town
Have given Bill at Howe's years ago money for groomer costs
Membership in Valemount is 30 dollars and Mcbride is in that price range as well
you can go to varda site to confirm that
you asked for ideas and when given a couple i get the cost of quilters guild
My idea is that if you could get membership of 250 at 20-25 dollars or even 30 dollars it would be better than 50 members at current rate
anyhow no hard feelings these are just some random thoughts
if i am in town this week i will come to the meeting

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok good now we are understanding some of the costs of running the club.
It is good to have the information on what membership cost covers
never been asked at any dealership if i wanted to join the club or information about it
have bought parts and clothes from all dealerships in town
Have given Bill at Howe's years ago money for groomer costs
Membership in Valemount is 30 dollars and Mcbride is in that price range as well
you can go to varda site to confirm that
you asked for ideas and when given a couple i get the cost of quilters guild
My idea is that if you could get membership of 250 at 20-25 dollars or even 30 dollars it would be better than 50 members at current rate
anyhow no hard feelings these are just some random thoughts
if i am in town this week i will come to the meeting

I just got a membership friday from cycle north for 75

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been up lately? How's the snow? What about the Darby area, are the stumps buried yet?
There is about a foot in the darby. Going to be awhile before there is sledding up there.

Was 3' then the week of none freezing temps and rain didn't help.

On a postive note the Pass fsr will be plowed up to 15ish I belive.

On the snowmonile member issue, I stopped sledding so I am no help.

Last edited:

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any new snow in the past few days ?....any idea how bad the burn is ? Wanting to go next weekend if the snow is decent

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to torpy on Saturday. Couldn't ask for better conditions other then maybe a little bit warmer. 2' of fresh behind 2nd bowl. Burn was decent to go up..little chewed up coming back down but still not bad at all. Was good to see everyone stayed out of the first bowl...slides were very possible in there.

renegad

Reaction score
headed to prince this friday and sat would like to hook up with someone to ride the torpy

Top Bottom