Torpy/Mcgregor area 2013/2014 riding conditions

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
There was some talk at the last PG Club meeting about pulling down the Torpy Cabin this fall.
The cabin is always a crap hole mess, left behind from crap hole people, and the club takes the blame for enabling the situation. Outsiders think it is club members that leave the mess behind, so the club should clean it up, and stock the place with firewood too.
The cabin attracts the kind of people that are bad for our sport, so it should come down.
The cabin sponsor was Arctic Cat, and that hasn't worked out so well either.

driller

Reaction score
i hear what your saying but it has sure been nice to have on really cold days or when the day is really deep and need a spot to take a break and dry out a bit.
i haven't used it allot but was very thankful the times i have used it.
when is the next meeting?

Eastcoastdan

Reaction score
There was some talk at the last PG Club meeting about pulling down the Torpy Cabin this fall.
The cabin is always a crap hole mess, left behind from crap hole people, and the club takes the blame for enabling the situation. Outsiders think it is club members that leave the mess behind, so the club should clean it up, and stock the place with firewood too.
The cabin attracts the kind of people that are bad for our sport, so it should come down.
The cabin sponsor was Arctic Cat, and that hasn't worked out so well either.

Gustafson's Kia now sponsors the cabin. We make sure that it is stocked for the winter with wood and first aid supplies. A couple of us where out there last weekend. Other than a bag of empies/garbage we found the cabin to be in decent shape. We cleaned er up and cut up more than enough wood for the winter.

Everytime I have been out there I have met good people who are very happy to have a place to warm up, especially if riding in from 1km. Sucks that some people leave their empties/garbage behind but I don't know of a cabin that doesn't have that problem. At least we can drive there in the summer to haul it out.

Many people use the cabin and it is kept in decent shape, I don't see why we should let a couple people who leave their empties behind ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy it responsibly?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't let others ruin your good time. We found that by removing the garbage cans it actually reduced the mess left behind.

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
Next meeting for the PGSC is Oct 28 2015 at 6 pm at the Scott Road clubhouse.
Pizza and pop by donation.

Top Bottom